gowrestle

PSU Bubble Bursting?

6 hours ago, LordNelson said:

I'd explain what play wrestling is......and the fact PSU has made a standard of using it to build creativity in the room.......but since you started this dumb thread it would be a waste of time.

When a person doesn’t possess the intellectual capacity to engage in a rational discussion, they resort to throwing insults. I think you need to go into a corner and cry. 

On 1/27/2019 at 2:24 PM, gowrestle said:

When a person doesn’t possess the intellectual capacity to engage in a rational discussion, they resort to throwing insults. I think you need to go into a corner and cry. 

When a person throws out 70's cliche's in an attempt to gain the upper hand in a discussion in a condescending manner, they then resort to the elitist retort above not realizing they are committing the same sin they condemn others for.

PSU hasn't had to do any real wrestling yet this year.

Their bubble isn't bursting.  They will still lap the field with a 125 pounder that couldn't start on my HS team.  

Nolf and Nickal have play wrestled pretty much every opponent they've wrestled.  Deakin being the exception where Nolf just took him down with the same single leg 7 times.  

39 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

Their bubble isn't bursting.  They will still lap the field with a 125 pounder that couldn't start on my HS team.  

That's an unfair assessment of Devin Schnupp.  He's a PA kid with the following credentials.  The kid made the podium at the PIAA tournament twice and won a lot of matches in high school.  I'm pretty sure Devin could start at whatever high school you attended.

Wrestled at Warwick High School...Warwick's all-time career wins record with him as well as state tournament medals...amassed a 156-19 career record, with two years wrestled at 106 and two at 113...placed sixth in the state as a junior and senior and was regional champion his final year in high school...156 wins is a Warwick record.

5 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

That's an unfair assessment of Devin Schnupp.  He's a PA kid with the following credentials.  The kid made the podium at the PIAA tournament twice and won a lot of matches in high school.  I'm pretty sure Devin could start at whatever high school you attended.

Wrestled at Warwick High School...Warwick's all-time career wins record with him as well as state tournament medals...amassed a 156-19 career record, with two years wrestled at 106 and two at 113...placed sixth in the state as a junior and senior and was regional champion his final year in high school...156 wins is a Warwick record.

Hyperbole.  If you or the Schnupp's take offense, I apologize.

Just now, LordNelson said:

Hyperbole.  If you or the Schnupp's take offense, I apologize.

I figured it was hyperbole and I don't take offense to it.  Devin Schnupp won't qualify for the NCAA tournament and he doesn't win a lot of matches at 125lbs at PSU but there is a pretty huge difference between high school and college.  Devin was a pretty successful high school wrestler and anyone who steps on the mat for PSU likely has a pretty impressive high school resume, even if they are typically nothing more than a room guy.  The same goes for every major D1 program.  You have to have a certain pedigree to even be in the room at schools like PSU, Iowa, tOSU, OSU, Minnesota, etc.  My apologies if I left any program off the list here.  I like to give the guys like Devin a little credit (and there are guys like Devin on every team) because they go out there and give 100% despite knowing the chips are not stacked in their favor.

2 hours ago, LordNelson said:

When a person throws out 70's cliche's in an attempt to gain the upper hand in a discussion in a condescending manner, they then resort to the elitist retort above not realizing they are committing the same sin they condemn others for.

PSU hasn't had to do any real wrestling yet this year.

Nolf and Nickal have play wrestled pretty much every opponent they've wrestled.  Deakin being the exception where Nolf just took him down with the same single leg 7 times.  

This reply has me laughing so loud my dog has started barking again!