Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
newuser69

Is Desanto being in the room hurting Lee?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

maybe not Rutgers but quite possibly Penn State. If it is an emotional issue then where is it better to be, at home around family and loved ones or half way across the country among strangers. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes a transfer during his remaining 2 1/2 years.

Maybe there’s more to this than we think. Suriano and Teasedale are no longer any part of Penn State’s plans. Lee and Gilman are going to be in direct competition for Tokyo....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That hands up incredulous look after the most obvious hands to the face of all time.  So easy to root against.
Are we back talking about Desanto? I know i'm Mr. Desanto guy, but it's possible he had no idea he did it. His eyes were pointed straight down. It also isn't the position people have been getting hit in, which is from space. This is the first time I've seen it called anywhere besides from space in neutral. It's the right call (I think), but it may also have been rules confusion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

didn't dude have him in double unders and forcing his arms upward in that position while he was backing up?

not against the call, but, i can very easily see him being unaware of his hands being in the face...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Are we back talking about Desanto? I know i'm Mr. Desanto guy, but it's possible he had no idea he did it. His eyes were pointed straight down. It also isn't the position people have been getting hit in, which is from space. This is the first time I've seen it called anywhere besides from space in neutral. It's the right call (I think), but it may also have been rules confusion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

That he's a Hawkeye now is the best thing ever.  This is more fun than Metcalf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perspective people, perspective. At Lee's level, the only thing history will judge him on is his performance at the NCAAs.

The regular season is only practice for the NCAAs.

You may not like the system but that is they way college wrestling is currently set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Greatdane67 said:

Perspective people, perspective. At Lee's level, the only thing history will judge him on is his performance at the NCAAs.

The regular season is only practice for the NCAAs.

You may not like the system but that is they way college wrestling is currently set up.

Always easier to blame the NCAA or the refs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ionel said:

So mono was "part of the plan?"

Yes, he’s still recovering from mono, so not wearing him down further and ensuring that he is healthy for the rest of the season is part of the plan.  This isn’t difficult to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like BS.  When did he have Mono - Not Friday, but on Sunday?  If he has documented mono - which can be contagious for up to a year or more, should he be allowed to wrestle?   Don't they have to disclose mono or the Flu?  Seems irresponsible. 

  To be clear - I think he is a great kid and great for wrestling.  A true gentleman and a great sport.   Definitely my favorite Hawkeye because of his positive attitude.     

 

  Those coaches though - meshuggeneh. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Seems like BS.  When did he have Mono - Not Friday, but on Sunday?  If he has documented mono - which can be contagious for up to a year or more, should he be allowed to wrestle?   Don't they have to disclose mono or the Flu?  Seems irresponsible. 

  To be clear - I think he is a great kid and great for wrestling.  A true gentleman and a great sport.   Definitely my favorite Hawkeye because of his positive attitude.     

 

  Those coaches though - meshuggeneh. 

 

DeSanto had Mono on Friday night then he gave it to Lee on Saturday, that was the plan.  ;_;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, newuser69 said:

Theory: Desanto being in the room and practicing with Lee has had a negative effect on his confidence and ability. 

We went from someone being what looked like a transcendental lightweight to just a very good one in a year.

Perhaps he is hurt/sick/the field has caught up with him. Or perhaps his growth has been stymied by having the buzzsaw that is Desanto in the room. 

I'd definitely think if they regularly go at it, that Desanto's relentless nature would have a grinding nature on Lee's overall style. 

Fan of both guys, I just think there is a weird psychological alpha thing going on here. 

Discuss. 

If being in the room with desanto is as disturbing as watching him wrestle, I'm sure Lee is suffering.  This theory has a high degree of probability.  I've heard that Lee is thinking of transferring to The Covenant Clinic just to deal with the weird psychotic aura in the room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TFBJR said:

Seems like BS.  When did he have Mono - Not Friday, but on Sunday?  If he has documented mono - which can be contagious for up to a year or more, should he be allowed to wrestle?   Don't they have to disclose mono or the Flu?  Seems irresponsible. 

  To be clear - I think he is a great kid and great for wrestling.  A true gentleman and a great sport.   Definitely my favorite Hawkeye because of his positive attitude.     

 

  Those coaches though - meshuggeneh. 

 

This is just a bad take. Anybody who has had Mono knows that it can sometimes take months to regain your prior strength. A close friend of mine in high school almost didn't graduate (4.0 student) because she caught mono her senior year and missed so much school. It was a 6 month ordeal and she was a completely different person energy-wise for almost a year. Mono is no joke and if that is what Lee is dealing with, anybody making light of it is just plain wrong. The college wrestling season grinds down the best healthy wrestlers. I can't imagine what it would do to someone with mono. If Lee has it, it would be stupid not to put him on a pitch count to try to keep him/get him as strong as possible for the postseason. Right now, I have a hard time believing he's going to be 100% in March this year. The question becomes does a 75% Lee have enough in the tank to beat Rivera and the other challengers (keep an eye on Mueller)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

This is just a bad take. Anybody who has had Mono knows that it can sometimes take months to regain your prior strength. A close friend of mine in high school almost didn't graduate (4.0 student) because she caught mono her senior year and missed so much school. It was a 6 month ordeal and she was a completely different person energy-wise for almost a year. Mono is no joke and if that is what Lee is dealing with, anybody making light of it is just plain wrong. The college wrestling season grinds down the best healthy wrestlers. I can't imagine what it would do to someone with mono. If Lee has it, it would be stupid not to put him on a pitch count to try to keep him/get him as strong as possible for the postseason. Right now, I have a hard time believing he's going to be 100% in March this year. The question becomes does a 75% Lee have enough in the tank to beat Rivera and the other challengers (keep an eye on Mueller)?

Roger Federer had it several years ago, and he said it continued to affect him for several months even after he was back on the pro tour.  Another tennis player, Robin Soderling, got mono and was never the same player after it and wound up retiring.  Look it up - mono can be very serious and it effects, or after-effects) can last for a very long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, leshismore said:

VITO and Mueller.

I think Vito is nothing more than a fringe AA threat at 125.  He hasn't looked great.  Mueller, on the other hand, down at 125 is going to be VERY dangerous to anybody.  Would love to see him vs. Rivera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DEFan79 said:

Roger Federer had it several years ago, and he said it continued to affect him for several months even after he was back on the pro tour.  Another tennis player, Robin Soderling, got mono and was never the same player after it and wound up retiring.  Look it up - mono can be very serious and it effects, or after-effects) can last for a very long time.

I heard all the male tennis players except Djokovic have mono, Nadal has a really bad case.  Somehow Djokovic is immune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leshismore said:

If Vito get through the first day at NCAA... he can be very dangerous. IMO.  He is VERY sucked out.  But he can do damage. 

Day 2 quarters could be an issue as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 3:28 PM, Marcus Cisero said:

maybe not Rutgers but quite possibly Penn State. If it is an emotional issue then where is it better to be, at home around family and loved ones or half way across the country among strangers. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes a transfer during his remaining 2 1/2 years.

Why would Penn State be “home”?  That’s over 2 hours from where he went to HS.  Pitt would be more accurately described as “home.”  He’d also have a higher ranked 133 to practice with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DEFan79 said:

Roger Federer had it several years ago, and he said it continued to affect him for several months even after he was back on the pro tour.  Another tennis player, Robin Soderling, got mono and was never the same player after it and wound up retiring.  Look it up - mono can be very serious and it effects, or after-effects) can last for a very long time.

Totally agree.  I remember when Federer won the Round of 16 on a Friday night but then bailed on the quarters.   Medical Default I think.  Was also in "The Plan". 

Give it a break.  He was perfectly fine until when - the finals of Midlands?  Is that when he had mono? Influenza?   I could see it creeping in when he only picked up the 18-0 tech Fall in the quarters and doubled up a very tough Pat Glory in the semis.  Clear signs of debilitating illness.   They should have pulled him from the lineup because he was (and is still) contagious.  This is sounding more like Ferris Bueller every day.   It's a shame he gave that mono to Young on Saturday.  That was a bad break.  Shouldn't have split that Baskin-Robbins cone. 

No one is taking shots at Lee or saying Mono (or the Flu) is not serious.  Brands didn't want him to take another loss so he pulled him.  Same with Young.  His prerogative, but we don't have to love it. 

Assume for a minute that Lee can't get over the Rivera hump - which I don't believe.  That means he's looking at 3 losses heading into NCAAs and he drops to possibly 4th or 5th behind Bresser, Mueller, and Picc.   Now he's on the downside of the bracket and has that same hump to get over to score any substantial points.  This imperils the Hawkeyes 4th place trophy.   It doesn't change Lee's life at all - he still has the same journey.   This is all on the very weak and unprofessional Iowa staff.  Coaches decision - In The Plan - No explanation necessary.  Mark it down.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Totally agree.  I remember when Federer won the Round of 16 on a Friday night but then bailed on the quarters.   Medical Default I think.  Was also in "The Plan". 

Give it a break.  He was perfectly fine until when - the finals of Midlands?  Is that when he had mono? Influenza?   I could see it creeping in when he only picked up the 18-0 tech Fall in the quarters and doubled up a very tough Pat Glory in the semis.  Clear signs of debilitating illness.   They should have pulled him from the lineup because he was (and is still) contagious.  This is sounding more like Ferris Bueller every day.   It's a shame he gave that mono to Young on Saturday.  That was a bad break.  Shouldn't have split that Baskin-Robbins cone. 

No one is taking shots at Lee or saying Mono (or the Flu) is not serious.  Brands didn't want him to take another loss so he pulled him.  Same with Young.  His prerogative, but we don't have to love it. 

Assume for a minute that Lee can't get over the Rivera hump - which I don't believe.  That means he's looking at 3 losses heading into NCAAs and he drops to possibly 4th or 5th behind Bresser, Mueller, and Picc.   Now he's on the downside of the bracket and has that same hump to get over to score any substantial points.  This imperils the Hawkeyes 4th place trophy.   It doesn't change Lee's life at all - he still has the same journey.   This is all on the very weak and unprofessional Iowa staff.  Coaches decision - In The Plan - No explanation necessary.  Mark it down.   

 

 

It’s pretty hilarious to read ignorant takes such as this, thanks for the laugh this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×