Sign in to follow this  
newuser69

Is Desanto being in the room hurting Lee?

5 minutes ago, Johnstownsteel said:

No on B10. Still have a few prospects in getting a ticket for Nationals.  You?

Yes on B10, no on Nationals right now. Maybe someday we can get together for a beer and talk wrestling during a tourney. I know most of HR gives you a hard time, but you seem like a good dude. Welcome to the board, you should fit in well here.

On 1/27/2019 at 4:36 PM, madcat11 said:

Is the title asking if he is in the room physically hurting Lee?  Perhaps that's why he's out.

This is much more feasible to me than DeSanto hurting Lee's progress or wrestling ability in any way, tbh.

7 minutes ago, Mpchillin said:

Yes on B10, no on Nationals right now. Maybe someday we can get together for a beer and talk wrestling during a tourney. I know most of HR gives you a hard time, but you seem like a good dude. Welcome to the board, you should fit in well here.

Yeah, I'd like that for sure! As for HR, I deserve what I get over there.  I love the content they put out...I just need to learn to read and not post.  A handful grate on my nerves and I just cant help myself.  Alot of great fans post on that board no doubt. I'm sure you cant tell but I have nothing but respect for the Hawkeye fanbase. With our sport being so niche, I need to slow my roll on the trolling and become more a part of the brotherhood.  I'll learn eventually.  Lol

On 1/27/2019 at 2:28 PM, Marcus Cisero said:

maybe not Rutgers but quite possibly Penn State. If it is an emotional issue then where is it better to be, at home around family and loved ones or half way across the country among strangers. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes a transfer during his remaining 2 1/2 years.

Huh? Lee's entire family moved to Iowa.

maybe not Rutgers but quite possibly Penn State. If it is an emotional issue then where is it better to be, at home around family and loved ones or half way across the country among strangers. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes a transfer during his remaining 2 1/2 years.
Oh my goodness..... This is sooooo funny!!

He's not transferring, he loves Iowa and.... wait for it..... his family lives in Iowa now!

Honestly tho - I've heard he had mono for about 4-6 weeks and it drained him. Makes sense watching his matches.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Jasonmitchell32 said:

Oh my goodness..... This is sooooo funny!! emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

He's not transferring, he loves Iowa and.... wait for it..... his family lives in Iowa now!

Honestly tho - I've heard he had mono for about 4-6 weeks and it drained him. Makes sense watching his matches.

Should have just said he’s in the wolf pack.  :)

Edited by MadMardigain

Oh my goodness..... This is sooooo funny!!

"DeSanto replaced originally chosen Lee, who was wrestling through a torn ACL and mononucleosis in the state final, as Pennsylvania’s 126-pound all-star. "

- per https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/columnists/chad-leistikow/2019/02/12/iowa-hawkeyes-wrestling-spencer-lee-austin-desanto-friendship-teammates-tom-brands-terry-brands/2836011002/

Just imagine how good this kid will be once he shakes the mono that's been plaguing him since high school. Maybe he should have gone to Rutgers in order to have access to a good doctor.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, swoopdown said:

"DeSanto replaced originally chosen Lee, who was wrestling through a torn ACL and mononucleosis in the state final, as Pennsylvania’s 126-pound all-star. "

- per https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/columnists/chad-leistikow/2019/02/12/iowa-hawkeyes-wrestling-spencer-lee-austin-desanto-friendship-teammates-tom-brands-terry-brands/2836011002/

Just imagine how good this kid will be once he shakes the mono that's been plaguing him since high school. Maybe he should have gone to Rutgers in order to have access to a good doctor.

Yeah, bc that's what everyone is saying.....  You make no point at all.  None.  Zero.  Zilch.  And zip.  Because we all know it was a KNEE, not mono that was the issue then!  Sheesh, man.  Sheesh.

Yeah, bc that's what everyone is saying.....  You make no point at all.  None.  Zero.  Zilch.  And zip.  Because we all know it was a KNEE, not mono that was the issue then!  Sheesh, man.  Sheesh.
The point was that a Hawkeye source made this claim. Hate to see you strike out getting it. Must be frustrating for you so I'm happy to help out this time.

20 hours ago, swoopdown said:

The point was that a Hawkeye source made this claim. Hate to see you strike out getting it. Must be frustrating for you so I'm happy to help out this time.

I will be a big boy and admit when I miss something, and yes, I DID miss the comment in your post about the mono.  My bad!!

And no - I am not frustrated about it.  I don't let message boards dictate how I feel.

I have to confess that I had major doubts about Desanto emerging as a force. I thought he could prove toxic to the Iowa room. Brands x2 and his teammates (especially Lee based on the interview) are doing a great job coaching and big brothering him so far. A few minor emotional transgressions but no major meltdown. My take is that DeSanto has lifted the room, and Lee as well, so far; but what is more remarkable to me is how the coaches and team seem to be lifting Desanto.

6 hours ago, pamela said:

On the flip side of this, I think Daton Fix being in the OSU room with Picc has been a real shot in the arm for Nick's wrestling. He's been having an unbelievable season.

I agree, now if Kaid can have a great post season!

On 2/18/2019 at 12:37 PM, swoopdown said:

I have to confess that I had major doubts about Desanto emerging as a force. I thought he could prove toxic to the Iowa room. Brands x2 and his teammates (especially Lee based on the interview) are doing a great job coaching and big brothering him so far. A few minor emotional transgressions but no major meltdown. My take is that DeSanto has lifted the room, and Lee as well, so far; but what is more remarkable to me is how the coaches and team seem to be lifting Desanto.

No fact supports any conclusion except the only one helped on the mat in DeSanto.  Lee doesn’t look better, the team won’t do any better this year than last, and 
Brands has frequently been criticized for taking DeSanto and all his baggage, which seems to have gotten more prevalent this year.