Sign in to follow this  
newuser69

Is Desanto being in the room hurting Lee?

Theory: Desanto being in the room and practicing with Lee has had a negative effect on his confidence and ability. 

We went from someone being what looked like a transcendental lightweight to just a very good one in a year.

Perhaps he is hurt/sick/the field has caught up with him. Or perhaps his growth has been stymied by having the buzzsaw that is Desanto in the room. 

I'd definitely think if they regularly go at it, that Desanto's relentless nature would have a grinding nature on Lee's overall style. 

Fan of both guys, I just think there is a weird psychological alpha thing going on here. 

Discuss. 

An excellent point Russel, my only counter would be none of those post-grads handed Lee agruably his most famous loss. 

Perhaps it's all nothing though and Sebass has just stepped his game up several levels. 

20 minutes ago, newuser69 said:

Just a theory man, only looking at the variables and what has changed. 

Desanto has certainly improved however. Would not be surprised to see him win it at all. 

So what's changed?  How many more losses than last year and where were they?

This doesn’t make any sense. Lee was crushing everyone until Midlands semifinals. Then things changed. Far more likely Lee is sick, has a personal issue or something like that than DeSanto being a tough workout partner finally made him snap. 

1 hour ago, headache said:

They don't wrestle each other in the room. 

Is this conjecture or fact? I'd reckon a 125 pound National Champion would be a superb workout partner for a talented, up and coming 133 pounder. I'd expect it to go hand in hand, actually. 

7 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

This doesn’t make any sense. Lee was crushing everyone until Midlands semifinals. Then things changed. Far more likely Lee is sick, has a personal issue or something like that than DeSanto being a tough workout partner finally made him snap. 

He had a very unimpressive match (by his standards) in the Iowa State dual as well.  Think he also missed the Purdue dual.  This precedes the Midlands...

Edit since I realized I'm in this thread - I don't buy anything about this having to do with Desanto though. 

Edited by Gantry

12 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

Lee is confused and scared to tell Tom he wants to transfer to Rutgers?

maybe not Rutgers but quite possibly Penn State. If it is an emotional issue then where is it better to be, at home around family and loved ones or half way across the country among strangers. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes a transfer during his remaining 2 1/2 years.

1 minute ago, Marcus Cisero said:

maybe not Rutgers but quite possibly Penn State. If it is an emotional issue then where is it better to be, at home around family and loved ones or half way across the country among strangers. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes a transfer during his remaining 2 1/2 years.

That's just what we need: PSU getting another hammer just when Bo and Nolf graduate :D But knowing Cael, he'll just replace them with other hammers.

I've always wondered why Lee didn't pick PSU. Maybe he thought his star would shine more brightly without the firmament of Jason Nolf, Bo Nickal, Vincenzo Joseph, and Mark Hall.

Edited by TobusRex

Never underestimate the strength of family when something just isnt right. I firmly believe its why Suriano left Penn State. If you recall his last match with PS when he injured his ankle, he literally pushed away one of the coaches when they came out to the mat to help him. The look on his face, to me at least, said it all ("you're not family and thats what I need right now.") I'm Italian so I can relate if this was his mindset. Watching Lee talk about "loving one another" as Iowa team members during some of his interviews seemed a bit of a stretch to me. I'm not buying it. I'll say it again, I wouldnt be surprised if he returns home, just like Marsteller did.

9 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Never underestimate the strength of family when something just isnt right. I firmly believe its why Suriano left Penn State. If you recall his last match with PS when he injured his ankle, he literally pushed away one of the coaches when they came out to the mat to help him. The look on his face, to me at least, said it all ("you're not family and thats what I need right now.") I'm Italian so I can relate if this was his mindset. Watching Lee talk about "loving one another" as Iowa team members during some of his interviews seemed a bit of a stretch to me. I'm not buying it. I'll say it again, I wouldnt be surprised if he returns home, just like Marsteller did.

It’s well documented that Spencer’s family mover to Cedar Rapids which is 20 minutes from Iowa city 

Didn’t DeSanto do some sort of Vision Quest thing to beat Spencer in the PA state finals?

Maybe he’s doing the same thing for the Iowa 125 pound spot. Think about it. 

Edited by Katie