Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Iowa-Northwestern

This isn’t on Lee, this is on Brands.

I wonder if Brands would have sat Lee and Young if this was a home match? Would he have let the Home fans down? If not then that’s disrespectful to the NW home crowd.

If Lee was tired then he could have sat on Friday. 

Lugo seems to be regressing under Brands. Was better off with Flynn.

19 minutes ago, jstock said:

This isn’t on Lee, this is on Brands.

I wonder if Brands would have sat Lee and Young if this was a home match? Would he have let the Home fans down? If not then that’s disrespectful to the NW home crowd.

If Lee was tired then he could have sat on Friday. 

Lugo seems to be regressing under Brands. Was better off with Flynn.

I don't get it,  What did Lee have to lose? He's now definitely not top seed in B1G, Not that it would matter that much anyway.

It's bad for the fans who follow closely. C'Mon Tommy B. throw us a few bones during the regular season.

5 minutes ago, bp2xbw said:

I don't get it,  What did Lee have to lose? He's now definitely not top seed in B1G, Not that it would matter that much anyway.

It's bad for the fans who follow closely. C'Mon Tommy B. throw us a few bones during the regular season.

Insures he gets the 2 or 3 spot and opposite side of Rivera.  If he loses  again & then chance to someone else he could (not likely) get the 4 spot.

11 minutes ago, bp2xbw said:

Lee could have reclaimed the No 1 seed at B1G if he won.

21 minutes ago, bp2xbw said:

Confidence. 

19 minutes ago, jstock said:

Lee could have reclaimed the No 1 seed at B1G if he won.

He doesn't need the top seed at Big 10's. He's already beat Russell so he would get the #2 seed and be on the opposite side of Rivera anyways. If he wins there he gets the #1 seed at NCAA's when it makes more of a difference.

3 hours ago, russelscout said:

Who even cares. This was Rivera against a back up and the match was meaningless. I am an Iowa fan, organized my whole day around this damn match and when it gets on, the two matches I cared about most won't happen. Booooo Brands!

I just listened to Brands interview after the match via Hawk Central.  Honestly, it was difficult to listen too - he mentioned "rankings" and I turned it off, which in turn-turned me off.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Insures he gets the 2 or 3 spot and opposite side of Rivera.  If he loses  again & then chance to someone else he could (not likely) get the 4 spot.

Who cares? The top 6 (at least) are going to qualify for Nationals anyway.

25 minutes ago, bp2xbw said:

Who cares? The top 6 (at least) are going to qualify for Nationals anyway.

If he gets the 2/3 seed then beats Rivera for b10 he then gets the #1 seed at NCAAs, well provided he beats Picc or ducks him,  hmm wonder which path he will take?  If he has 2 losses going into NCAAs then no #1 seed, hence why the duck ... plus its "part of the plan." :(

They have a plan to wrestle Rivera once they dont want to wrestle him twice.

Edited by ionel

With the dual duck its possible lee gets the 2 seed at ncaas even if he wins b1g. Just depends on how the seeding committee feels about punishing dual skips this year. It's beautiful seeing the hawk rivals forum defend brands and this decision making after spending years calling other teams out for the exact same thing

33 minutes ago, Perry said:

With the dual duck its possible lee gets the 2 seed at ncaas even if he wins b1g. Just depends on how the seeding committee feels about punishing dual skips this year. It's beautiful seeing the hawk rivals forum defend brands and this decision making after spending years calling other teams out for the exact same thing

The seeding comittee should consider that two head to head losses when seeding.  Said another way, if Lee now wins B1G and Rivera takes second, Rivera still gets #1 (2-1 wins).  If it is done any other way, it further enables this regular season behavior.  Between this garbage and all of the in match stoppages these days, wrestling is alienating so many fans.  

1 hour ago, Perry said:

Not everyone is defending brands. The best way to deal with this is sitting out a starter should be counted as a loss to the seeding meeting, but not actually on the record. It's not ideal because it hurts those who actually are hurt. However, people actually get hurt in matches too, and we still give the other guy choice afterwards bc people abused the situation. Same thing here.

2 hours ago, Perry said:

Honestly it almost looks like it's going in the other direction.   Several comments of "Gable wouldn't have done this!!" etc.

Getting back to the match....I now think I've found this year's Zain Retherford...Alex Marinelli!

What I mean is the guy that seems the least fun to wrestle!  You might get pinned by Nolf or Nickel but you get tortured and beat up Marinelli.

1 minute ago, pennsyrules said:

Getting back to the match....I now think I've found this year's Zain Retherford...Alex Marinelli!

What I mean is the guy that seems the least fun to wrestle!  You might get pinned by Nolf or Nickel but you get tortured and beat up Marinelli.

Zain was fun to watch, Marinelli isn't.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, Perry said:

Iowa pulling lee after he wrestled Friday is pathetic. I love that people were worried about Rivera not showing up but it was Lee and brands that was too afraid to make the match up a thing. Some reports that iowa is going to duck deakin as well. the new iowa style sure is impressive, ducking ranked wrestlers all season from 125 to heavy

But wait:  Brand's super lucid explanation of why Lee didn't wrestler sure cleared things up in a hurry!!