Jimmy Cinnabon

If Spencer is sick why did he wrestle 48 hours ago?

Coaches’ decision and part of the plan?   Completely disrespectful to those who traveled and bot tkts.  Especially when it is only announced just prior to the match. And on another forum I believe someone said that Lee was actually warming up Perez Perez.  Is this actually true?  

15 hours ago, leshismore said:

Maybe not cool to toss out the "C" word.  I remember when Adam Frey was not wrestling well...  some people on here were giving him major $%&#.  

We all know how that ended. I honestly felt sorry for the people who were bashing Adam.  The room sure when quiet quickly after that horrible situation.

Joking around is fine... just keep things in perspective, please. Thanks.

Let’s pray it’s not that. I agree we should be mindful and respectful. 

Edited by BigTimeFan

Assuming mono is correct, Brands should have said, "he's not 100% so we're using him judiciously."  He'd still get criticism but it would be better than saying "it's part of our plan."

We really need an NCAA duals national champ in college wrestling so we stop getting teams pulling their starters when they know they can win without them.  

1 hour ago, silvermedal said:

Assuming mono is correct, Brands should have said, "he's not 100% so we're using him judiciously."  He'd still get criticism but it would be better than saying "it's part of our plan."

We really need an NCAA duals national champ in college wrestling so we stop getting teams pulling their starters when they know they can win without them.  

The NCAA will never allow two different types of Championships for wrestling. End. Of. Story.

Edited by TBar1977

14 hours ago, dougb said:

How many people did Dan Gable duck either as a competitor or having one of his athletes not wrestle because they MIGHT lose?I think they should just have a blind draw at NCAA's, so the seedings become irrelevant.

Just my opinion, it is more honorable to battle and lose, than it is to not compete at all because you might lose.

Brands never came across to me as the type of person who looked for the easy way or the kind to pad records by avoiding tough competition,   I guess I was wrong.

He talked a line of sh*t when Iowa was on top - Interstellar domination - hahahahahahaha.    Now it is in "The Plan".   Maybe Dianetics?  

Brands said sitting Lee was part of the plan, as if they had Lee scheduled to miss this match for some time.

Would like to know if Brands could share the plan, what other guys will sit against higher ranked opponents. 

And again, what would Iowa do if they had PSU on the schedule, send all their back-ups except 125 ? 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

The NCAA will never Santo on two different types of Championships for wrestling. End. Of. Story.

Then it should be a dual championship that determines the title.  College wrestling is a duals driven sport with a team title decided by a tournament.  That's not sensible although we're all used to it.  

29 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

Then it should be a dual championship that determines the title.  College wrestling is a duals driven sport with a team title decided by a tournament.  That's not sensible although we're all used to it.  

No. We would end up with guys pulling a Deakin to not get tech'd, and that would stink. We have used the tournament for decades, and we'll use it decades more.

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

No. We would end up with guys pulling a Deakin to not get tech'd, and that would stink. We have used the tournament for decades, and we'll use it decades more.

The NCAA just needs to embrace the concept that wrestling is an individual sport.

Instead of having so many duals they should just have a handful of tournaments that determine NCAA seeds. 

That would make the regular season shorter and more exciting, and it would cut down on the number of times wrestlers must travel and weigh in.  

These regular season duals have become so pointless. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

What did he say?

17 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

17 hours ago, ionel said:

To sumarize:

"quack ...  quack quack quack ... it was in the plans to quack quack"

17 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

According to Brands it was a "Coaches' decision" and was "part of the plan."

You left out the best part "There is no explanation, it's just a decision we made."