Sign in to follow this  
TobusRex

Oklahoma State vs Iowa State

Just starting this thread, unfortunately can only watch a match or two before I have to do (sigh) "work".

Pretty good match with Fix/Gomez. Gomez got the first takedown. Gomez got in deep late in the match with the score 4-4, but Fix fended him of at the buzzer and won with  riding time.

Don't know if I missed Picc or if they started the match at 133. Welp, guess I'll watch that one at home when I get off.

Edited by TobusRex

2 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Match started a long time ago, you missed almost all of it.

(sigh). I was hopeful I caught near the beginning cuz I saw the 133 pounders. Oh well, that's what my PC is waiting on me at home for: to watch wrestling matches :D

20 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Wait, was the locked hands on Gomez while they were standing and Fix put his hand down?

I don't think anybody was penalized, I think Fix won on riding time. Fix got a TD and 2 escapes,  Gomez got a TD and 2 escapes.

1 minute ago, TobusRex said:

I don't think anybody was penalized, I think Fix won on riding time. Fix got a TD and 2 escapes,  Gomez got a TD and 2 escapes.

The ref definitely did the locked hands sign and held up 1.  If that was waved off, my bad.

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

They gave locked hands and then 2 for the reversal... no escape

thats the way I saw it...

My bad then. I missed the locked hands (had to leave my position for a few seconds). I ASSUMED Fix got an escape/TD and that's why he was on top. My bad. I could've sworn Fix earned a RT point though.

Edited by TobusRex

Listening to boo scream was tough... definitely a bad deal for him... I was a little surprised they had him come back against Degen, but, uncle John didn’t get the memo about dukn...

my guess is kaid gets to stay in the lineup now... he was on his way out...

Oklahoma State 22, Iowa State 15    

157: Chase Straw (Iowa State) over Wyatt Sheets (Oklahoma State) (Dec 3-2)

165: Andrew Shomers (Oklahoma State) over Logan Schumacher (Iowa State) (Dec 8-2)

174: Joseph Smith (Oklahoma State) over Marcus Coleman (Iowa State) (Fall 2:41)

184: Jacobe Smith (Oklahoma State) over Samuel Colbray (Iowa State) (Dec 9-3)

197: William Miklus (Iowa State) over Dakota Geer (Oklahoma State) (Dec 9-6)

285: Derek White (Oklahoma State) over Gannon Gremmel (Iowa State) (Dec 7-1)

125: Nicholas Piccininni (Oklahoma State) over Alex Mackall (Iowa State) (MD 14-2)

133: Daton Fix (Oklahoma State) over Austin Gomez (Iowa State) (Dec 5-4)

141: Ian Parker (Iowa State) over Kaid Brock (Oklahoma State) (Dec 6-3)

149: Jarrett Degen (Iowa State) over Boo Lewallen (Oklahoma State) (Inj. 5:44)

Just now, LJB said:

Listening to boo scream was tough... definitely a bad deal for him... I was a little surprised they had him come back against Degen, but, uncle John didn’t get the memo about dukn...

my guess is kaid gets to stay in the lineup now... he was on his way out...

I'm glad I missed it. I saw a little of the match, was 2-1 Boo when left my console for a minute, and when I came back the dual meet was over. They have a very capable backup in Kaden Gfeller (who I believe will AA in top 5), but feel bad for Boo.