Kentucky_Mudflap

Tommy Aint Afraid to Run

One thing about Tommy gents is he aint afraid to run he aint gonna throw Lee and Young out there on account hes afraid theys gonna get beat just ask him gents its a coaches decision he said he did the right thing now the gratest coach of the worlds oldest and gratest sport never did protect a seed nor keep a guy on the sidelines no he coached them up and they went out there and took on all comers but Tommys no Gable and that aint no lie.

Gents the Voice of Wrestling was there in full war colors and listening to my fellow Hawkaholics they was disgruntled drove all that way and watched a miserable series of matches and such but most of thems drinking Tommies Kool Aid and content to finish 4th so leave that to them that wants it sure 4th is 4th but thats what you got hombres you want the thrills and chills of being in the team race choose another team hombres.

Brands is the Coach and he makes the decisions. He knows his wrestlers - that is a general statement that is not always true but in Brands case I think it applies. He is working to get the best out of them. No, he is not Gable. Zaleski was not either, though more of a Gentleman while Brands is a rough cob in comparison.

If Coach Brands wants to hold a kid out for what he things are good reasons - I'll go with it.

I can think of one case where Gable did the duck drill. It wasn’t to protect a seed, he said his guy hadn’t earned the right to face the caliber of opponent he was scheduled to wrestle. Opposition (home) crowd was not happy with that anticlimactic ending to the dual. 

I willingly and humbly cede my title as King of the Run-on Sentences to a man of vastly advanced lung capacity, superior typing dexterity, deeper insight, immensely and noticeably greater hirsuteness, who, through keen reckoning and technologically profound abilities, has clearly reshaped grammar, (including all tense and syntax parameters) spelling, and all other skills both written and broadcast, by indulging us with his consummate talents on this and all other post sites he has/is/will bless with his presence. And humor. Period. Exclamation point.

3 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Brands is the Coach and he makes the decisions. He knows his wrestlers - that is a general statement that is not always true but in Brands case I think it applies. He is working to get the best out of them. No, he is not Gable. Zaleski was not either, though more of a Gentleman while Brands is a rough cob in comparison.

If Coach Brands wants to hold a kid out for what he things are good reasons - I'll go with it.

Odd though that Brands is willing to build a rocket ship to travel to other galaxies to find better competition but when he crosses the border to Illinois he gets scared for his wrestlers and has to implement an alternate plan:(

8 hours ago, KTG119 said:

I can think of one case where Gable did the duck drill. It wasn’t to protect a seed, he said his guy hadn’t earned the right to face the caliber of opponent he was scheduled to wrestle. Opposition (home) crowd was not happy with that anticlimactic ending to the dual. 

This might be the same instance you're thinking of, but I seem to possibly remember Gable holding out a top 5 type in Wes Hand against a #1 Kerry McCoy with an important dual within reach.  But I may be mis-remembering.

Stream of un-consciousness often sounds like the rambling rant of a homeless man soliciting a wooden nickel for a dime bag of weed or a swig of whiskey in the middle of winter on a dead end street in the dark corner of a Louisiana swamp town while the police sirens sing at a too-high decibel and a crack addict screams about long-gone dreams.

Edited by dmm53

Even though I hated that the match didnt happen, I think it was the best move Brands could have made for Spencer.  Spencer will likely see Rivera 2 more times this year.  If you lose the match on Friday night, I think Rivera will be in his head for the rest of the season.  Not an Iowa fan here btw. 

6 hours ago, MNRodent said:

This might be the same instance you're thinking of, but I seem to possibly remember Gable holding out a top 5 type in Wes Hand against a #1 Kerry McCoy with an important dual within reach.  But I may be mis-remembering.

Yes I’m thinking of Hand/McCoy but Iowa had dual win locked before last match. PSU crowd wanted to see heir best guy and it was a no go. 

Same dual where Ironside almost got pinned and then got a tech fall W like 30-15. 

48 minutes ago, jeffrideal said:

Even though I hated that the match didnt happen, I think it was the best move Brands could have made for Spencer.  Spencer will likely see Rivera 2 more times this year.  If you lose the match on Friday night, I think Rivera will be in his head for the rest of the season.  Not an Iowa fan here btw. 

But do you have a twin brother that is a little more erratic then you?

4 hours ago, KTG119 said:

Yes I’m thinking of Hand/McCoy but Iowa had dual win locked before last match. PSU crowd wanted to see heir best guy and it was a no go. 

Same dual where Ironside almost got pinned and then got a tech fall W like 30-15. 

My favorite PSU/Iowa dual memory was the following year when they did send Hand out to wrestle (vs Mark Janus).  Never heard Carver-Hawkeye so quiet....

Edited by gromit

I'm on the record for hating what happened.  I don't particularly mind sitting Spencer, given how college wrestling has positioned itself (only the NCAA tournament matters), but doing it in that fashion, 20 minutes before the dual, with people spending a lot of money to travel to see it....that was really ****ty on Brands part.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I'm on the record for hating what happened.  I don't particularly mind sitting Spencer, given how college wrestling has positioned itself (only the NCAA tournament matters), but doing it in that fashion, 20 minutes before the dual, with people spending a lot of money to travel to see it....that was really ****ty on Brands part.

Image result for slow clap gif