Sign in to follow this  
rpm002

FS Rankings

13 hours ago, Katie said:

World champs Lee Kemp and Sushil Kumar are vegetarians.

And Carl Lewis, a 9x Olympic champ in track and field, is a vegan.

Awesome... and everyone's physiology is slightly different. Take the Ketogenic diet for instance... studies show dramatic positive impacts... but for 97% of the population.  3% maintain certain genetic/hereditary aspects where they cannot gain the benefits.  

Stieber looks consistently emaciated, even at a higher weight.  He "appears" to not be a strong as he was while winning his NCAA championships.  His muscle definition is effectively non-existent, and for a World Champion Wrestler in his mid-upper 20's, he should "look" a little bit of the part.  Not everyone can be Gorilla Hulk... i get that... but just like Yianni has no triceps, Stieber has no biceps.

:-)

1 hour ago, KTG119 said:

Pretty sure Chris Campbell is vegan as well.

Indeed. And, as I’m sure you know, he won an Olympic bronze at the age of 37, after a long layoff. 

3 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Awesome... and everyone's physiology is slightly different. Take the Ketogenic diet for instance... studies show dramatic positive impacts... but for 97% of the population.  3% maintain certain genetic/hereditary aspects where they cannot gain the benefits.  

Stieber looks consistently emaciated, even at a higher weight.  He "appears" to not be a strong as he was while winning his NCAA championships.  His muscle definition is effectively non-existent, and for a World Champion Wrestler in his mid-upper 20's, he should "look" a little bit of the part.  Not everyone can be Gorilla Hulk... i get that... but just like Yianni has no triceps, Stieber has no biceps.

:-)

Well if Stieber simply wants to look godlike, then he could do some research on vegan and vegetarian bodybuilders. There are plenty. 

12 minutes ago, Katie said:

Well if Stieber simply wants to look godlike, then he could do some research on vegan and vegetarian bodybuilders. There are plenty. 

That's fair... unfortunately... I'm sticking by my prediction that Stieber craps the bed this year for the US Open and WTT.  I predict that while competitive, he doesn't sniff the National Team this year at 65kg.

Just now, treep2000 said:

That's fair... unfortunately... I'm sticking by my prediction that Stieber craps the bed this year for the US Open and WTT.  I predict that while competitive, he doesn't sniff the National Team this year at 65kg.

Hopefully he can build perfect muscles, get a nice tan, and whiten his teeth so that he looks awesome, win or lose. 

19 hours ago, Katie said:

World champs Lee Kemp and Sushil Kumar are vegetarians.

And Carl Lewis, a 9x Olympic champ in track and field, is a vegan.

Yeah, but I bet none of them were vegans or vegetarians in their competitive careers.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:13 AM, rpm002 said:

So it has been over 9 months since we've seen a rankings update, so the next one probably won't be until after the US Open (or maybe just before).  Here's my top 5 at each weight.  I'm sure there are a couple bad omissions here, so please correct me where warranted.

57  Gilman, Fix, Ramos, NaTo, Lee 

Gilman or Lee, possibly Fix; hopefully OSU doesn't suck down, burn out, and stunt Fix down like Smith does everyone else. It would be the best for his career, and he should realize that when wants one more exclamation point. Not a homer, just an idiot from IL saying so.

61  Colon, Garrett, Mega, Graff, Morrison (Brewer would probably be 6th given Gross's injury and his win at Schultz.... will be interesting to see what shape Garrett will be in at the Open.... a torn pec is often a 6 month injury and that is almost exactly his time frame)

Probably Fix (see above) but would not be surprised to see some combination of Fix, Lee, Gross, or (gasp) Gilman)

65  Steiber, Oliver, Zain, Molinaro, Futrell (very hard to rank this weight.  Eierman also has a good case to be in there)

Retherford or Oliver. Maybe Eierman if he catches fire. Yianni D is at least a year away from full recovery; not a slight towards him, just an obvious approach toward recovery after a long folkstyle season. Literally anyone but Steiber; he can win domestically but other than his constellation tourney who cares (side note: he won a world competition when I sat on my keyboard)

70 Green, Chamberlain, Hidlay, Pantaleo, Deakin (some young guns, but seems like one of the weaker weights now with Frank moving down)

Green. The world seems to be catching up... what a terrible problem to have??

74 Burroughs, IMAR, Kulchytskyy, Gnatt, Lewis

Calling one single upset - Imar. But 1) JB is this generation's GOAT and 2) if he loses, NOPE to anyone in 2020. This includes Dake entering his prime.

79 Dake, Valencia, Dieringer, Hall, Aaron Brooks

Dake. But interesting to see how Hall and V can stack up to Dinger - probably 5 years away before one of them moves to the top after Dake goes in a different direction.

86 Taylor, Reenan, Downey, Nickal, Courts

Taylor, and we will see someone new by 2021. Not sure who, but either 2020 or the following it will happen. Big upset weight. I hope I am wrong,

92 Cox, Heflin, Zilmer, Winn, McCall, Dudley (or is Dudley going back down to 86kg? he'd probably be 4 or 5 there if so)

Upset. Bo Nickal. And he will BBQ at worlds.

97 Snyder, Gadson, Walz, N Burak, Moore

Because Cox is going to move up to try to make the olympic team at 97 and cut too much too soon. Snyder over Cox 7-6. We will question everything.

125 Gwiz, Coon, Nelson, Gable, Varner (Kosoy would be 6th and Dom 7th after the Schultz result)

Gwiz will run laps over Gable and Varner, Coon will suffer a close loss but will move to GR after 2019. Nelson will give up by attrition, which is bull$hit because he's a blue chip but USA demands medals.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:53 PM, treep2000 said:

Moore, after his U23 Silver, admitted he should have gone 92kg.  I would slot him there.  

Mckenna at 65kg.

Nolf at 70kg.

MyMar at 86kg.

Next year or two will add new names to the list.  

31 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Yeah, but I bet none of them were vegans or vegetarians in their competitive careers.

Kemp has been a vegetarian since 1980, after which he won a world gold and world bronze. 

Kumar has been a vegeterian since before he won all three of his world/Olympic medals.

Lewis became a vegan in 1990, after which time he won multiple world and Olympic golds.  Since 1990, he also set the world record in the 100 meter dash; he anchored two world-record-breaking 4x100 meter teams; and he ran the fastest anchor leg in the 4x100 ever officially recorded.

1 minute ago, Katie said:

Kemp has been a vegetarian since 1980, after which he won a world gold and world bronze. 

Kumar has been a vegeterian since before he won all three of his world/Olympic medals.

Lewis became a vegan in 1990, after which time he won multiple world and Olympic golds.  Since 1990, he also set the world record in the 100 meter dash; he anchored two world-record-breaking 4x100 meter teams; and he ran the fastest anchor leg in the 4x100 ever officially recorded.

My contention?

If Kemp hadn't adopted a vegetarian lifestyle he'd STILL be world champ at 157 pounds