Sign in to follow this  
jchapman

Did Tony Nelson Stall?

6 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Nelson was the most boring 2 time NCAA wrestling champion that ever lived. He not only stalled, he was a MASTER of stalling. Was thrilled when Gwiz put an end to his tomfoolery at NCAAs.

How quickly we forget Heil.

20 minutes ago, BadgerMon said:

I'll put that heavyweight who danced on the edge with a foot out of bounds in the national finals a few years ago from Lehigh in the mix with Nelson.  Can't believe the referee let him do that.

Rey? Yeah, he stalled a lot too. Most "typical" heavies stall, a lot. Fat boys can't move at 110% for the whole match, have some compassion!

45 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Nelson was the most boring 2 time NCAA wrestling champion that ever lived. He not only stalled, he was a MASTER of stalling. Was thrilled when Gwiz put an end to his tomfoolery at NCAAs.

As I previously posted:  In the three years available on Track Wrestling Tony  went 87-8 finishing 1,1,2 wrestling against the likes of Gelogaev, Gwiz, McMullan, Rey, Bradley, Telford, Coon, etc.  He had 23 pins and 9 majors for a bonus rate of 34%.  Don't let the facts get in the way of your obvious dislike for Nelson.

13 minutes ago, jammen said:

As I previously posted:  In the three years available on Track Wrestling Tony  went 87-8 finishing 1,1,2 wrestling against the likes of Gelogaev, Gwiz, McMullan, Rey, Bradley, Telford, Coon, etc.  He had 23 pins and 9 majors for a bonus rate of 34%.  Don't let the facts get in the way of your obvious dislike for Nelson.

34% bonus rate sucks for a guy that went 7,1,1,2 at NCAAs. As a wrestler I disliked his boring "style", but that's as far as that goes. I have no antipathy towards Nelson whatsoever. His style, although boring as hell, WAS effective.

Edited by TobusRex

Nelson wrestled above his seed 3 times at the NCAA tournament. The 1 time he didn't he placed 2nd.

And who would believe Cam Wade was the only guy to put TN into the wrestlebacks at NCAAs!?

Staller or not, he was a damn good 285!