Sign in to follow this  
Show_Me

Missing in Action

Any info on the STATUS of the following wrestlers ?

125:
Millhof (ASU).  Has not wrestled since Dec.29.  No RPI yet (8 matches).  Is the spot still his if & when he returns ?
Hudkins (N. Illinois).  R12 in 2017.  Listed as a Jr. but hasn’t wrestled a match all season.

141:
Jamal Morris (NC St.).  R16 twice.  Has not wrestled since Jan.6.  No RPI yet (12 matches).  Injured or did he just lose his spot to brother Jamel ?  

157:
Martinez (Ok. St.).   AA in 2016.  Listed as a Sr. but hasn’t wrestled a match all season.

165:
Monday (N. Carolina).  Wrestled 11 matches at 157 & his only match at this weight on Dec.15.  Has been absent since.
Chavez (Cornell).  Returning AA who has yet to wrestle a match this season.  Are the 174 rumors legit ?

174:
Christensen (Wisconsin).  Has not wrestled since Dec.29.  No RPI yet (15 matches).

184:
Reenan (NC St).  Has not wrestled since Jan.6.  No RPI yet (11 matches).

197:
Loiseau (Drexel).  Has not wrestled since Jan.1.  No RPI yet (15 matches).

12 hours ago, Show_Me said:

141:
Jamal Morris (NC St.).  R16 twice.  Has not wrestled since Jan.6.  No RPI yet (12 matches).  Injured or did he just lose his spot to brother Jamel ?  

Jamal is no longer on the roster (as of 2nd semester) so it must be more than an injury, unless it's a career ending injury...but even then you'd think he'd remain on the roster the remainder of his R-Senior year.

Edited by gromit

12 hours ago, Show_Me said:

Any info on the STATUS of the following wrestlers ?

Chavez (Cornell).  Returning AA who has yet to wrestle a match this season.  Are the 174 rumors legit ?

Only place this rumor has appeared is in this forum.  He's consistently listed as an alternate at 165 in every match notes Koll puts out (including this weekend).  A weekend
in which Womack didn't wrestle at 174 had Berreyesa there instead of Chavez.  Berreyesa has recently been wrestling at 165.  Chavez has been on the bench at recent matches.

So, who knows?

1 hour ago, kionga said:

What about Jelani Embree?  I heard several weeks ago that he was close to coming back.  Will we see him tomorrow against Penn State?

He injured his knee late last year, and they've been holding him out as a precaution.  As of this week's release, he's not projected for tomorrow.

As someone else mentioned, Milhoff had a concussion. This was the 4th of his career so it becomes a serious matter. I'm a bit confused why he hasn't been back. He was introduced as a co-starter versus Oregon St and the TV announcers said he was visibly upset when Courtney got the call against Bresser. I would have thought he'd have been back in the lineup versus Lehigh or Lock Haven last week. I think he an Courtney are close in their matches only because Milhoff wrestles a conservative style. He gives the team a better chance because Courtney is extremely week when it comes to mat wrestling and that may be Milhoffs strong point. Hopefully he's back soon and in time for the Pac 12s and NCAAs. I'd hate for someones career to end with an injury.