Sign in to follow this  
russelscout

Nolf is winning the hodge race IMO

Nolf and Nickel both only have one match where they didn't bonus. Nolf won 10-4 over the 2nd ranked guy. Nickel won 8-6 over #11. I think both are great wrestlers and worthy of the award, but even the slightest difference should be taken into consideration to avoid a double Hodge champ.

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Nolf and Nickel both only have one match where they didn't bonus. Nolf won 10-4 over the 2nd ranked guy. Nickel won 8-6 over #11. I think both are great wrestlers and worthy of the award, but even the slightest difference should be taken into consideration to avoid a double Hodge champ.

Agreed with this.  Nickal should have destroyed Schultz (sp?), but he didn't.  Nolf, to me, is the clear #1 right now.  I think there's a strong argument for putting MyMar higher on the pecking order... below the PSU hammers, but... a little higher than Flo has him currently. He also dismantled the #2 and #3 guys handily.

20 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Have you thoroughly inspected all D3 and NAIA possibilities too?

7 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Have you thoroughly inspected all D3 and NAIA possibilities too?

I don't disagree with what your getting at, but what Nick Ackerman did that year deserved some attention. I may be biased because I had seen him in his high school years and never really thought he would be able to do anything on the college level. 

Edited by russelscout

12 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Martin would have to pin his way out the rest of the season to be considered.

They'd never give it to Myles over an unbeaten Bo Nickal. And Martin has no shot at pinning his way out anyway. 

17 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

They'd never give it to Myles over an unbeaten Bo Nickal. And Martin has no shot at pinning his way out anyway. 

Agreed.  All I suggested is that he should be in the conversation... but again... this is a two-horses race between the team mates.  Even if Hall beats Valencia again, going undefeated, he's not doing this in a "dominating" way.  Nolf and Nickal are destroying 90%+ of everyone.

49 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Hence the considered part. What I should have said was he has absolutely no shot at winning unless he is the only undefeated wrestler left. Then he still wouldn't win. Metcalf.

46 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Bo actually weighs 160, he just wrestles up because he is that good. 

You may have just triggered the next Forum firestorm... Bo Nickal quips that are like Chuck Norris quips... 

I.e. Bo Nickal was once held up at gunpoint by 12 armed robbers.  Bo Nickal then lateral dropped all 12 simultaneously, with one arm, while reading War & Peace.

21 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

You may have just triggered the next Forum firestorm... Bo Nickal quips that are like Chuck Norris quips... 

I.e. Bo Nickal was once held up at gunpoint by 12 armed robbers.  Bo Nickal then lateral dropped all 12 simultaneously, with one arm, while reading War & Peace.

You heard wrong. It was 15 armed robbers. 

3 hours ago, treep2000 said:

I get so sick and tired of seeing all this exaggeration of Nickal's abilities.

It was only NINE armed robbers.