34 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

Does Michigan have a shot?  Or do they match up badly with PSU?

Really looking forward to this Dual as well.  Hoping all the starters wrestle.

With the absence of RBY, Michigan can make this a bit more interesting but Penn State is still clearly a big favorite.

Matches most intriguing to me:

141:  Which Storr shows up, the Vegas version (who looked great) or the one who was recently TF by McKenna   This match should be really good.  The loser of this match may end up with the #4 Seed at BIG.  

157  Pantaleo has looked much better since his 149 experiment.  Wrestled Nolf to a Dec last season.  Can he do it again ?

174  Amine has looked good this season & wrestled Hall to 1-pt matches twice last season.  With that being said, I never pick against Hall.

285:  Curious how true Frosh Parris looks vs Cassar.  The BIG is insanely deep at this weight.

Should be some entertaining matches !

Edited by Show_Me

PSU will win

For Michigan to win they have to be up 19-0 after 4 and pull off at least one upset while limiting bonus from 157-285. Their best bet is if Rasheed isn’t out there  If nick lee, Berge  or RBY win, PSU wins 

it is a bad matchup for Michigan  

Nolf 19-3

cenzo 19-6

Hall 19-9

Rasheed 19-13

bo 19-19

cassar 19-22

The Flo guys all have PSU winning 8 out of 10 weight classes. No RBY and the first 2 weight classes are obviously going to UM. If you go by rankings Storr should also win, so they can easily be up 3 matches to none and then it gets interesting. 

8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

The Flo guys all have PSU winning 8 out of 10 weight classes. No RBY and the first 2 weight classes are obviously going to UM. If you go by rankings Storr should also win, so they can easily be up 3 matches to none and then it gets interesting. 

If Shakur is still out that could be 4 for Mich

Michigan needs 3 upsets and 1 tossup to win the dual, unless PSU is missing a few starters.  Whether you care about duals or not, there's no way Cael is risking losing his streak unless he absolutely has to.  And with the dual being at BJC, upsets and tossup wins seem unlikely. 

Any word on what PSU's actual lineup will look like?

2 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Michigan needs 3 upsets and 1 tossup to win the dual, unless PSU is missing a few starters.  Whether you care about duals or not, there's no way Cael is risking losing his streak unless he absolutely has to.  And with the dual being at BJC, upsets and tossup wins seem unlikely. 

Any word on what PSU's actual lineup will look like?

I am guessing they will field their full starting line up minus RBY who is hurt. Guessing Rasheed is back for this one.

T.R. Foley has U Mich winning 5 weights. I give his prediction about 2 percent chance of happening on Penn State's campus. 

Q: A lot of interesting matchups in Penn State-Michigan on Friday night. If the stars align for the Wolverines, they could win 5-6 matches. You giving Michigan any chance to stun PSU?
-- C.R.

Foley: The people want dual meets …

Doubtful that Michigan can overcome the Penn State bonus points, but I do think it'll be a 5-5 match score.

125: No. 15 Drew Mattin (Michigan) dec. Devin Schnupp (Penn State) 
133: No. 1 Stevan Micic (Michigan) maj. dec. No. 15 Roman Bravo-Young 
141: No. 5 Kanen Storr (Michigan) dec. No. 7 Nick Lee (Penn State)
149: Brady Berge/Jarod Verkleeren (Penn State) dec. Malik Amine (Michigan) 
157: No. 1 Jason Nolf (Penn State) dec. No. 5 Alec Pantaleo (Michigan)
165: No. 7 Logan Massa (Michigan) dec. No. 1 Vincenzo Joseph (Penn State) 
174: No. 1 Mark Hall (Penn State) maj. dec. No. 3 Myles Amine (Michigan)
184: Francisco Bisono/No. 2 Shakur Rasheed (Penn State) maj. dec. J.T. Correll (Michigan) 
197: No. 1 Bo Nickal (Penn State) pins Jackson Striggow (Michigan) 
285: No. 8 Mason Parris (Michigan) dec. No. 4 Anthony Cassar (Penn State)
Score: Penn State 20, Michigan 16

If that's the case... this is the only possible upset scenario I can see:

125) Mattin maj. Schnupp    4-0 U-M
133) Micic TF [somebody]    9-0 U-M
141) Storr dec. Lee    12-0 U-M
149) Berge dec. Amine    12-3 U-M
157) Nolf dec. Pantaleo    12-6 U-M
165) Joseph dec. Massa    12-9 U-M
174) Amine dec. Hall    15-9 U-M
184) Rasheed maj. Correll    15-13 U-M
197) Nickal maj. Striggow    17-15 PSU
285) Parris dec. Cassar    18-17 U-M

Massa could also pull off the upset, but the chances of both happening are slim to none.  Lee probably beats Storr, Nolf probably majors, and Rasheed and Nickal can easily pin.  

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Has Massa ever beaten Joseph?

Picking Parris over Cassar is also surprising.

nope 3-0 in favor of Joseph

I see Amine beating Hall before I see Massa beating Joseph. 

30 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Where can one see this match. It appears to be on Fox Sports "App".  What's that?

Flo has all Big Ten duals except the ones that are shown on the actual Big Ten Network TV channel.  So if it isn't on Flo, you can watch via TV or btngo.com via a login. 

2 minutes ago, Perry said:

Hall by major over Amine? Seems ambitious (though not saying it is impossible)

agree. I think better chance of Hall getting him with a mixer for the pin than a major. most likely another reg dec win for Hall.  

I might eat my words here but I think picking Parris over Cassar is pretty dumb. Mason has a ton of potenial but is still really, really raw. Cassar can match him physically but has much cleaner technical skill. I think a Cassar major happens before a Parris win. There are several matches that are coin-flip type matches tonight but I don't see that as one of them.

1 hour ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Ole Massa used to beat everybody, but dem days is long gone. 

Thank de Good Lord.

Exactly.  Vincenzo beat Massa back in 2017 when Massa was wrestling at a very high level. He hasn’t really been the same since.