Jimmy Cinnabon

Why do people hate Cael?

13 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

1. People saw him wanting to leave coming. This wasn't all that shocking. Also dont be so sure he couldnt beat Iowa had he stayed. You also mention how he left his alma mater. I guess everyone who coaches/works for a school other than their alma mater are in the wrong according to you.

3. Brands doesnt owe anyone any reason at all, however that wasn't the claim wasn't. This addresses WHY hes disliked. You do care. If you didnt care you wouldnt mention it.

4. You are speculating on ISU's desire to wrestle PSU and Cael. Neither side and publicly made it a point to want to or not want to wrestle each other. VT actively and publicly campaigned to wrestle Iowa which Brands actively and publicly avoided.

The only point here that's being made here is you have no idea what "exactly the same thing" means.

1) Did he leave his coaching job to take another job?  Yes or no?  It is the exact same thing Brands did.

3) I personally don't care. me, myself, I don't care if a coach decides to sit a wrestler.  As a fan I would love to see these match ups but I don't get my panties in a bundle like you ladies do when a coach sits his wrestler. This is a reason why a coach is hated.

6 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

1) Did he leave his coaching job to take another job?  Yes or no?  It is the exact same thing Brands did.

3) I personally don't care. me, myself, I don't care if a coach decides to sit a wrestler.  As a fan I would love to see these match ups but I don't get my panties in a bundle like you ladies do when a coach sits his wrestler. This is a reason why a coach is hated.

1) Again Brands is criticized for the manner in which he left. Not because he left. You can pretend they're the same but they're not.

3) You do care. You are the one who's got their "panties in a bundle" over the criticism that Brands gets.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

16 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

1) Again Brands is criticized for the manner in which he left. Not because he left. You can pretend they're the same but they're not.

3) You do care. You are the one who's got their "panties in a bundle" over the criticism that Brands gets.

If that helps you sleep at night keep telling yourself that Cael left ISU and didn't do the exact same thing Brands did.

3 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

If that helps you sleep at night keep telling yourself that Cael left ISU and didn't do the exact same thing Brands did.

Surely it helps you to lie to yourself because if you saw things how they were in reality you wouldn't get a wink of sleep.

Most new head coaches when hired usually have a clause that they will only leave if a certain position opens.

I guarantee Tom had that clause for Iowa when he took the job at VT.

I think the only TRUE cael haters are ISU people.......... and they may have a good argument...... with how he replaced his coach and mentor. Then jumped ship shortly after.

The rest that bad mouth Cael are farting in the wind...... or maybe more appropriately..... spitting on superman's cape!

Reasons I hate Cael?

1) he leaves a smell in his wake. it smells, vaguely, of brimstone and offal.

2) I have it on good authority he's not a virgin.

3) He's not truly bald, but is faking genetic superiority through shaving his head

4) He killed my family.

19 minutes ago, potentiallydangerous said:

Even if I wanted to hate Cael, there is nothing to hate. On the other hand,Tom Brands acts like an entitled lunatic during matches.

What are you, unAmerican? Don't you know we love entitled lunatics in this country? Who do you think the President is, for crying out loud?

Edited by TobusRex

13 minutes ago, John Morgan said:

Hate is a strong word and gets attention as a topic.  I would wager very few people actually hate someone else.  They may have mannerisms that are annoying, behavior you don't agree with, or beliefs you don't share.  Hate?  doubt it

Can you think of a stronger word than hate? That might describe some of these guy's feeling about Cael a little more accurately!

It's not hate, that's a strong word.  If he said tomorrow that he was going to represent the US in the 2020 Olympics we'd all be behind him.  For now, it's a general frustration that he's put together such a strong program that has crushed the parody of our favorite sport.  I think most of us want wrestling to be like the 133 weight class.  Cael is eliminating the climax of the national championship. 

4 hours ago, John Morgan said:

Hate is a strong word and gets attention as a topic.  I would wager very few people actually hate someone else.  They may have mannerisms that are annoying, behavior you don't agree with, or beliefs you don't share.  Hate?  doubt it

Disagree.  Even though it's been a while, I still HATE that neighbor who lets his dog sh*t in my yard.  

Edited by KCMO2

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

Disagree.  Even though it's been a while, I still HATE that neighbor who lets his dog sh*t in my yard.  

I hate to break it to you, but it wasn't your neighbor's dog crapping in your yard.

It was CAEL.