Jimmy Cinnabon

How can Rutgers become a top 10 team?

Rutgers is doing fine.  If you look at their lineup, other than Ashnault and Suriano, they are just getting average DI recruits so I think they are doing pretty well with the talent they get.  They are always going to lose a few kids to Rider(in state) plus the top NJ kids don't seem all that keen on going to Rutgers when they are offered other offers.  However, there still it seem to be some kids that escape them(Cassar, Rivera, heilman, Lewis) who were probably not exactly blue chippers but who ended up having the ability to perfrom well at D I.

12 hours ago, pennsyrules said:

Rutgers is doing fine.  If you look at their lineup, other than Ashnault and Suriano, they are just getting average DI recruits so I think they are doing pretty well with the talent they get.  They are always going to lose a few kids to Rider(in state) plus the top NJ kids don't seem all that keen on going to Rutgers when they are offered other offers.  However, there still it seem to be some kids that escape them(Cassar, Rivera, heilman, Lewis) who were probably not exactly blue chippers but who ended up having the ability to perfrom well at D I.

Who have they lost to Rider since Clagon?   And he is a real example of someone who regressed in college.   I think they are more likely to be hurt by Princeton recruiting 

TS as others have said, hardest weight, one loss from hands to the face in ot and the other was on the road where he gave up 2 stalling points.  

Looking forward to micic and the big 10 tournament.   

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight said:

Who have they lost to Rider since Clagon?   And he is a real example of someone who regressed in college.   I think they are more likely to be hurt by Princeton recruiting 

TS as others have said, hardest weight, one loss from hands to the face in ot and the other was on the road where he gave up 2 stalling points.  

Looking forward to micic and the big 10 tournament.   

Considering Rider has had more AA's than Rutgers, there are going to be some that will choose Rider.  Given all the advantages that Rutgers has over Rider with Big 10 and the RAC and facilities, Rutgers definitely would have the advantage.   However, that's where recruiting is so important in state.  Rider is also fully funded so they may be able to get the kids just based on money/scholarships.  In the dual meet this year, almost every match was close(other than Ash and Suriano).

ps.  Listen to Humphreys interview on Flo and I think you will see that the kids that go to Princeton, are not considering Rutgers(or Rider for that matter).  Don't see Princeton as a bigger recruiting competitor than Rider.

Edited by pennsyrules