Jimmy Cinnabon

How can Rutgers become a top 10 team?

NJ has a lot of great talent, but Rutgers isn't getting enough of the elite guys. Suriano seems to have regressed in the room.  Ashnault is unlikely to get another year.

I think they need to sack Goodale and bring in a superstar a la Dake, Burroughs or DT.  Short of that I see them being a solid, but not top-10 team every year.  Maybe hovering in the 12-14 range.

Ashnault can’t get another year...he is already a 3 time AA. 

Suriano has not regressed. Come on. 

Rutgers is far better than they have ever been and you want to get rid of Goodale? The logic isn’t flowing.

you are also ignoring their best recruiting class ever coming up

9 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Ashnault can’t get another year...he is already a 3 time AA. 

Suriano has not regressed. Come on. 

Rutgers is far better than they have ever been and you want to get rid of Goodale? The logic isn’t flowing.

you are also ignoring their best recruiting class ever coming up

Suriano went from being a top 2 125 pounder (who beat the eventual national champ soundly) to a 133 pounder in the 4-5 range who took consecutive losses this season.  Not sure how that could be called anything but regression.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Suriano went from being a top 2 125 pounder (who beat the eventual national champ soundly) to a 133 pounder in the 4-5 range who took consecutive losses this season.  Not sure how that could be called anything but regression.

When Suriano was a 125lber he wasnt in a weight class with nearly as much talent and depth.

41 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

When Suriano was a 125lber he wasnt in a weight class with nearly as much talent and depth.

I'm not agreeing with the regression thing at all but 125 last year was pretty deep. you had returning finalists in Cruz and Lizak, 4th placer Picc returning, former AA Moisey, former champ and 3x AA Nato dropping back down, Lee coming in of course, etc.   

2 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

I'm not agreeing with the regression thing at all but 125 last year was pretty deep. you had returning finalists in Cruz and Lizak, 4th placer Picc returning, former AA Moisey, former champ and 3x AA Nato dropping back down, Lee coming in of course, etc.   

125 last year was indeed a very deep weight, however not as deep as this year with pretty clearly defined tiers. This years 133 those tiers are not as defined.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

NJ has a lot of great talent, but Rutgers isn't getting enough of the elite guys. Suriano seems to have regressed in the room.  Ashnault is unlikely to get another year.

I think they need to sack Goodale and bring in a superstar a la Dake, Burroughs or DT.  Short of that I see them being a solid, but not top-10 team every year.  Maybe hovering in the 12-14 range.

Major problem with the internet - Every dumb ass can just type in stupidity.   The fact that you could write "I think" when clearly you do not should be actionable.  Do you have no job?  No family?  Nothing better to do than be a dumb ass? 

Why do people hate Cael?  Really?  The dude is freaking beloved and arguably the best college wrestler AND college coach ever. 

Your "thoughts" on Rutgers??  Seriously?  Here's a thought - STFU.

You are a complete negative to this board since your recent arrival.  The only possible saving grace is that you were a dbag under a different name and this is just break-even stupidity. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

This is so disingenuous 

your entire argument is based around his 2 losses this season. Holding the Fix one against him is insane. I’m just going to assume you agree here. 

So...the entire argument is based around giving up a last second takedown to DeSanto at Carver. I assume you agree that Kyle Snyder regressed from his junior to senior seasons too then. He took a loss to Coon his senior year and didn’t have any losses his junior year  

you are also completely ignoring his dominance over phillipi

55 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Let’s be real here, the reason Rutgers can’t recruit out of state is because New Jersey guidos are insufferable to be around. You went to spend the majority of your time around a full team of New Jersey guidos? Not a chance. 

They aren't that far off really.  They have had multiple AAs the last few seasons and their dual meet attendance and atmosphere are great.  New Brunswick as a destination for out of state recruits who don't value the access to NYC probably works against them a bit but not much the coaches can do about that.  

9 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Well by your logic...

No AA finishes at PSU

Runner-up at RU

So he’s gotten better at RU

Rutgers can start by beating Princeton tomorrow. Goodale said after last night's loss to Nebraska that today would be a tough practice for Rutgers. I wonder what short term impact that will have on the RU wrestlers, either positive OR negative. 

3 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

who also got beat by Myers

Who got beat by Noah Gonser

133 is fun. I hope someone like Gary Wayne Harding ends up going on a run and beats Fix and Micic. Sort of like Tariq Wilson. 4th at ACCs, 3rd at NCAAs, and none of the 3 who placed ahead of him at ACCs placed at NCAAs