kgschalhoub

Wisconsin going forward

Everyone talks about Iowa, Michigan, tOSU, and a few others challenging PSU in the future. Watching what Bono has done with the attitude of the current team and his recruiting going forward, they belong in the conversation.

Thoughts?

36 minutes ago, WF89 said:

They are 1-5 in Big 10 Duals.  They have a ways to go.

Duals don’t matter.  B1G Tournament doesn’t matter.  Carl likes to let OSU win that one.

Edited by jchapman

Yeah I’d wait to see where they finish this year and next before including them in the conversation.

I love the energy and attention Bono and company have brought to the program and it seems like Wisconsin is wrestling with some intensity. However, there’s a chance they could finish outside the top 20 this year. Also, they haven’t landed any big name recruits in the class of 19 or 20. They’ve got like 3-4 quality guys coming in next year but no one that really blows you away.

Love that they’re moving in the right direction but it might take them some years to crack the top 10 definitely top 5.

Eric Barnett is really good and a 125 for life which is rare.

Losing O'Toole and Keckeisen, one wonders if they would have committed to UW had Askren been involved when they chose schools.  A lot of the future success depends on the Askren Wrestling Academy and St. Paris Graham pipelines they have.

I was at the Nebraska/ Wisconsin dual. I really like the way there were wrestling. I think he has the team headed in the right direction and wrestling tough.  I dont see dual record mattering that much. Get some top recruits, develop the room, this team will be there. But Penn State is another level.

Wisconsin is a far more competitive and tougher team this year.  But to be top 5 you still need exceptional talent.  6-10 routinely seems more like it.  And I mean that as a compliment.