Sign in to follow this  
D3UC157

No. No. No. No!

The PIAA has sold out..

The team and individual wrestling championships have been given to Flo. Dreadful. Heartbreaking. PCN has always done a nice job of presenting both of these events. Not only that, it makes it a PA exclusive event. Not sure how many people outside the commonwealth are looking forward to this event. Certainly can’t outnumber those instate who typically watch these events.

Can’t help but see this as a fate for other PIAA championships as Flo spreads its coverage into swimming football etc.

Get ready other states, be prepared to have your championships sold off.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:49 AM, D3UC157 said:

The PIAA has sold out..

The team and individual wrestling championships have been given to Flo. Dreadful. Heartbreaking. PCN has always done a nice job of presenting both of these events. Not only that, it makes it a PA exclusive event. Not sure how many people outside the commonwealth are looking forward to this event. Certainly can’t outnumber those instate who typically watch these events.

Can’t help but see this as a fate for other PIAA championships as Flo spreads its coverage into swimming football etc.

Get ready other states, be prepared to have your championships sold off.

Be thankful you can watch it all. In Ohio, the OHSAA  has no live broadcast.  You get to watch it a week later on a Wednesday afternoon...  I'd take FLO any day.  

I will be watching the PIAA championship from Ohio now that FLO has it.  it's a win. At least for me.

Stream the Flo Broadcst onto your TV and place a PCN Logo in one of the corners and you are all set. 

Actually, I jest. There is no way in hell that Flo will ever bring the historical information about the PIAA tournament that the team that has for years, maybe decades, been doing this event for PCN and its predecessors. Especially the round table discussion for an hour before hand. That will be gone and I will miss it. 

Edited by TBar1977

Just read this in the paper and tend to feel that it's TERRIBLE for the sport.  Who's going to pay for this?  I'm not and very much look forward to seeing this on PCN every year.

I think it makes wrestling much less accessible.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine there being anything good about this.  

What would be best is if FLO would allow PCN to, at cost, also carry the finals. In other words,  PCN may have had production costs of $2-5,000  to film the events. If they were to forward that amount to FLO, and simultaneously, or maybe on a delayed bases, broadcast what they have been broadcasting, for years. 

Doubt it would happen, but.....

On 2/5/2019 at 2:46 PM, Mphillips said:

Be thankful you can watch it all. In Ohio, the OHSAA  has no live broadcast.  You get to watch it a week later on a Wednesday afternoon...  I'd take FLO any day.  

I will be watching the PIAA championship from Ohio now that FLO has it.  it's a win. At least for me.

^tada    Mphillips is right, again.

Edited by stp

What would be best is if FLO would allow PCN to, at cost, also carry the finals. In other words,  PCN may have had production costs of $2-5,000  to film the events. If they were to forward that amount to FLO, and simultaneously, or maybe on a delayed bases, broadcast what they have been broadcasting, for years. 
Doubt it would happen, but.....

Productions costs are WAY more than that, even for public television.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:06 PM, CoryS said:

Just read this in the paper and tend to feel that it's TERRIBLE for the sport.  Who's going to pay for this?  I'm not and very much look forward to seeing this on PCN every year.

I think it makes wrestling much less accessible.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine there being anything good about this.  

Yeah it is terrible that everyone in the world can watch the finals instead of just a the people in PA. 

It is great! Y’all quit whining and get FloPro

Right, because PIAA states is a world audience draw. I’m sure Flo could get the rights to post marquee matchups, ex post facto.

In the past 5 years there have been maybe 2 matchups that were nationally significant. And one was only because of the result, (DeSanto - Lee) the others being Chance going undefeated.

Who is watching the other 138 individuals finals? Pennsylvanians.

1 hour ago, D3UC157 said:

Right, because PIAA states is a world audience draw. I’m sure Flo could get the rights to post marquee matchups, ex post facto.

In the past 5 years there have been maybe 2 matchups that were nationally significant. And one was only because of the result, (DeSanto - Lee) the others being Chance going undefeated.

That is a lie. Tons of wrestling fans in the US want to watch the PA finals and haven’t been able to. Now they can. 

Quit your whining.

23 hours ago, D3UC157 said:

I’ll be watching. Def not from Pennsylvania. If I was I wouldn’t have wrestled. Too much time getting my ass kicked

“Man, Flo is sh1tt1ng the bed with the PIAA feeds. AA up now and freezing up, losing the stream...a lot.  What the fv¢k are they gonna do for the finals when it's a Saturday and many people will be off work wanting to watch.  They are gonna crash...BAD.  PCN and their crappy non-HD quality service must be laughing their @$$€$ off!

Edited 10 hours ago by panewbie1”

sounds like like nobody gets to watch... YAY!

10 hours ago, D3UC157 said:

“Man, Flo is sh1tt1ng the bed with the PIAA feeds. AA up now and freezing up, losing the stream...a lot.  What the fv¢k are they gonna do for the finals when it's a Saturday and many people will be off work wanting to watch.  They are gonna crash...BAD.  PCN and their crappy non-HD quality service must be laughing their @$$€$ off!

Edited 10 hours ago by panewbie1”

sounds like like nobody gets to watch... YAY!

I had absolutely 0 issues with feeds freezing and crashing and I've been watching since Thursday with multiple TVs for every round. Definitely wouldn't have been able to do that if I still lived in PA, where I only would have been able to watch the finals on PCN.

PCN could have met FLO's offering and televised every match, but they didn't. I got to watch every kid I used to coach from my computer in Tennessee, even in the wrestlebacks. You're not getting that coverage from PCN.

Flo did a better job than PCN ever could covering the whole tournament.  With that said, Flo couldn't hold a candle to PCN's covererage of the finals.  PCN really did a much superior job on the finals.  They made it really seem like a big event.  Flo just felt like another regular tournament held during a season.