Sign in to follow this  
bad_ears

Which University has waited the longest for an AA?

A question for those in the know~

With the emergence of R Durso this past weekend at the EIWA's, I was wondering has F&M ever had an AA? Which University in Des Moines next week will be looking for their first AA? Are there some 20+ year droughts that are looking to come to an end with an AA?

Having been to the past 11 NCAA's and one of my favorite moments was watching Ben Kjar capture the first AA medal for Utah Valley. Looking for a few underdogs to root for next weekend. Any suggestions??

Thanks either way

Joe

Boomer's site solves everything.

All Americans for Franklin & Marshall

Click on a Wrestler Name for Details

Wrestler Career

Chris Black 1971-1972

Craig Blackman 1981

Brian Brown 1978-1979

Frank Burgess 1939

Ron Flemming 1957

Jim Grant 1974

Art Helf 1953

Kevin McCleary 1974

Roy Phillips 1933

Al Schacheman 1940-1941

John Stevenson 1971-1972

Northern Colorado got their first with Gaithje (sp?) a few years back, along with Payam Zaranipour (sp?) from Sacred Heart. Millersville has only had 1 DI AA back in the 90s, but that point is moot since they are now DII.

I would look at the Socon qualifiers to find a school that doesn't have one in their history.

I don't think Cleveland State has had an AA since the late 80's. And it's been about 20 years for George Mason (who'll need a wildcard to be represented this year).

Davidson hasn't had an AA, I don't think South Dakota State has had one since moving up to D1.

wrestlingstats.com/index is always a great resource! (Note: you need to add the /index to the end since there is an indexing issue)

Here are the list of schools with wrestler data for anyone that wants to look around: http://wrestlingstats.com/aa/schoolsI.php

Here is a master list in PDF: http://wrestlingstats.com/ncaa/pdf/Summ ... ricans.pdf

Northern Colorado got their first with Gaithje (sp?) a few years back, along with Payam Zaranipour (sp?) from Sacred Heart. Millersville has only had 1 DI AA back in the 90s, but that point is moot since they are now DII.

I would look at the Socon qualifiers to find a school that doesn't have one in their history.

Northern Colorado had several in the '60's, including a National Champ. They were called Colorado State College back then.

I don't think Cleveland State has had an AA since the late 80's. And it's been about 20 years for George Mason (who'll need a wildcard to be represented this year).

Davidson hasn't had an AA, I don't think South Dakota State has had one since moving up to D1.

South Dakota State had a Division-I All-American in 1988 (Pat Dorn) he won the Division-II tournament and then placed 8th at the Division-I (back when the D2 and D3 champs qualified for the D1s).

I think Cleveland State's last was in 1986.

I always find it interesting when I look back on that PDF and compare programs like Northern Iowa, Edinboro, Clarion, Lock Haven, Bloomsburg, Cal St-Bakersfield to programs like North Carolina, NC State, Missouri and Stanford. It really helps to put into perspective who solid the former programs have been over the years as well as show how much Smith has done for Mizzou.

Northern Colorado had several in the '60's, including a National Champ. They were called Colorado State College back then.

They announced it at nationals as him being their first, so I assumed it was so.