Sign in to follow this  
HurricaneWrestling2

Princeton vs Rutgers, featuring Ashnault vs. Kolodzik...

People better not sleep on Micah Jordan now too. In his loss to Ashnault earlier this year he gave up a takedown in the first 5 secs and gave up TWO 4 point tilts in the first to go down 10-0 and stormed back 14-10. Granted tilts are part of wrestling and Ashnault deserves the win but you can’t look past the fact Micah took him down 4  takedowns to 1 on their feet. If Micah stays out from underneath Ashnault he very well could end up on top the podium. Easier said than done but not unrealistic by any means.

Edited by Aviator12

3 hours ago, Fleming said:

Ha ha, right on time! Can't stand the thought of any possible chink in the armor!!! an ongoing classic comedy show!.....and still no realization of why PSU is disliked.....a beautiful thing!!!!

I was thinking the same thing Tbar was, and I could give 2 sh*ts about PSU.

Exciting match overall.  Some notes.

Ashnault is exciting to watch and really pushes to score throughout.  Hope he keeps it up down the stretch. 

Van Brill looked sharp against Monday at 157.  I think Monday has a lot of potential and will put it together over the next few seasons.

I hope Glasgow is ok- he torqued his knee early on and could barely stand.

I really like Gravina but for a guy who is tough on top and solid defensively, he’s never developed a go-to shot.  Lots of counter wrestling.  

Pleasantly surprised by Correnti’s effort today.  He was inches away from being in bounds on that TD and stayed away from upper body (which has been tough for him lately).

1 hour ago, Aviator12 said:

People better not sleep on Micah Jordan now too. In his loss to Ashnault earlier this year he gave up a takedown in the first 5 secs and gave up TWO 4 point tilts in the first to go down 10-0 and stormed back 14-10. Granted tilts are part of wrestling and Ashnault deserves the win but you can’t look past the fact Micah took him down 4  takedowns to 1 on their feet. If Micah stays out from underneath Ashnault he very well could end up on top the podium. Easier said than done but not unrealistic by any means.

Ashnault also gassed, which hasn't been happening since, and that's how he got back into it. 

Was there today - awesome atmosphere!

The roar during the Ashnault/Kolodzik match would definitely have a lasting impact on any recruits present

Edited by vsnej

3 hours ago, Aviator12 said:

Micah is likeable and certainly talented, but the "if he can stay out from under wrestler X" hypothetical has never played out the way his fans hope in multiple seasons.  Ashnault is on a mission and is competitive to dominant in all 3 positions.  

Regardless I think Micah is better on his feet than Ashnault is, Micah’s tank is elite and has developed quite an offensive arsenal. Ashnault is by far the better mat wrestler between the two.

Micah has stepped up his game on his feet exponentially this season... no one ever predicted he to win anything in years past no matter what position he’s weak and that was never discussed.

This year his offense is so good that it’s a discussion.... and again I think Micah wins the rematch if he wrestles a smart, tactical match.

Obviously just my opinion of course. We’re talking about two great wrestlers and two great kids here.. great ambassadors for the sport.

Edited by Aviator12