TBar1977

Iowa vs Nebraska Thread

3 minutes ago, Witherman said:

Seems as though everyone missed when desanto and the neb guy went oob into Nebraska’s bench Berger stood up and said something very unsavory. Desanto was staring directly at him the whole way back to center and even when he got set on top. 

I need to rewatch the replay a couple times but something was absolutely said

I love Berger so much.  And I will very much enjoy watching Nolf behead him.

1 hour ago, Perry said:

What did desanto do at the end? My feed dropped at the end of the 2nd

I just learned he cost the team another team point after the match. That now makes 3 in a row. I hate to see a guy who's on a roll like this be his own worst enemy.

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Wow Desanto. Love it. Pissed me off and I normally love that stuff. Masterful troll

Throat slash.  Cost Iowa a team point and Tom had him running wind sprints after the meet which DeSanto doesn't even consider to be a punishment.

If he gets another one at the next dual I believe he has to miss the next event once again, correct? He may already be in contention for all time most team point deductions in a season

4 minutes ago, Perry said:

If he gets another one at the next dual I believe he has to miss the next event once again, correct? He may already be in contention for all time most team point deductions in a season

I thought the only time you had to skip the next event is when you're hit for flagrant misconduct.  Don't know if two unsportsmanlike conducts in a row are treated the same or not.

One of the penalties was actually against Brands for trying to get DeSanto out of there.

Two unsportsmanlikes within a match is a dq but only for the match. I'm not aware of an NCAA thing about multiple. NJ might dq a team from post season (dual at least) for multiples by the team-(3?)

I thought flo had said if you give up unsportsmanlike points in two consecutive matches there was a greater punishment imposed. Desanto misses a dual after the last time he did that but it was never clearly stated if he was held back for some other reason

Just now, Perry said:

I thought flo had said if you give up unsportsmanlike points in two consecutive matches there was a greater punishment imposed. Desanto misses a dual after the last time he did that but it was never clearly stated if he was held back for some other reason

Pretty sure that was a U of I punishment, not an NCAA punishment 

yes i am sorely disappointed in the NU fans.

I could not attend.

at other duals Iowa fans have tried to start their lets go hawks chant.

I usually get the crowd to counter with go big red and drown them out.

no one took my place.

9 minutes ago, GockeS said:

yes i am sorely disappointed in the NU fans.

I could not attend.

at other duals Iowa fans have tried to start their lets go hawks chant.

I usually get the crowd to counter with go big red and drown them out.

no one took my place.

Someone asked in a separate thread how far away Nebraska is from challenging. If they allowed Iowa fans to come in and just take over their own gym, they are farther away than I thought. 

no, that's just the way NU fans are.

ever been to a football game? 

they sit on their hands.

but you are right...we aren't really that close to being anything but a top 10 team... 

Edited by GockeS