wrestlingphish

Is taunting legal now?

16 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

How Ashnault didn't get dinged for a point is beyond me.

Quit your crying.  Ayres called Ash out - said he wouldn't score.  Ash simply said "10 points - So much for not scoring".

Dubuque was a ridiculous Brands wanna-be all match long - embarassing to PU.  He should have been hit with at least 2 control of he mat calls.  Ayres had to pull him off the mat at one point.   He was off the hook all day.  

PU coaches started it - Ash finished it.  Seems reasonable. 

Extra point:  the ref today was horrendous.  Put the U in useless. 

21 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

More assclownery from DeSanto at the end of that match.

Clearly a violation of the rules...

Section 2. Assclownery
Art. 1. Description. Assclownery can occur before, during or after a match. It may include, but is not limited to, such acts as shushing the crowd, swearing, taunting, baiting an opponent, aggressively throwing ear protection (regardless of anger or excitement), etc.  It is prohibited, but may or may not be penalized.  It just depends.

9 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Quit your crying.  Ayres called Ash out - said he wouldn't score.  Ash simply said "10 points - So much for not scoring".

Seemed more good-natured as opposed to mean spirited.  I notice he ran over and shook hands cordially with the Tiger coaches after the match.  My impression is that Ayres and Ashnault are just fierce competitors who respect each other.  (Besides, as you said, Ayres called him out before the match.)

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Well, kissing is a way of showing affection, so Berger was just showing his appreciation to the Hawkeyes for making the trip to Lincoln.  You can hardly fault him for that.  What did Red do?

4 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Well, kissing is a way of showing affection, so Berger was just showing his appreciation to the Hawkeyes for making the trip to Lincoln.  You can hardly fault him for that.  What did Red do?

After rewatching, I don't think Red did anything. 

25 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Dubuque was a ridiculous Brands wanna-be all match long - embarassing to PU.  He should have been hit with at least 2 control of he mat calls.  Ayres had to pull him off the mat at one point.   He was off the hook all day.  

PU coaches started it - Ash finished it.  Seems reasonable. 

Extra point:  the ref today was horrendous.  Put the U in useless. 

"B-b-b-b-but he started it!"  Hey, worked in third grade.  And not crying at all, just expecting a bit more class from top level competitors. Shooting the guns at John Smith and now the 10 taunt.  And whatever your beef with Dubuque is a separate issue.  And yes, lots of douche behavior from many athletes this year.

2 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Agreed.  He was strutting his stuff, but after rewatching, it looked like it was all in front of Husker fans and his teammates.

to be that excited after not doing anything all match and barely squeaking by a back up is way worse than just about anything else that has riled up so many... 

16 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I am pro all taunting and celebrating, but lets not pretend he didn't do anything.  He stayed there over the top of him while he began his celebration.  Classic smack talk move.  And I love it!

Yeah, but only for about 2 seconds - and he was on his knees mugging at the Husker fans - nothing directed at Turk.    #NoSmackTalkHere! #RedIsInnocent!  #RedIsABadMan!

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

More assclownery from DeSanto at the end of that match.

I'm a big fan of DeSanto after watching him wrestle here in PA during his high school career but I have to admit - he needs to clamp it down. Today he cost his team another team point after the match which I believe is now 3 in a row. It may get to a point where he gets DQ'd before March, might be the only way he learns his lesson.