Jump to content
wrestlingphish

Is taunting legal now?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

I'm beginning to think that taunting should be encouraged.  It spices up the duals - especially when the marquee matches don't occur due to ducking/injuries/etc.

I don't know why a little back and forth has always been so criticized. Heaven forbid the guys show a little enthusiasm and a lil individualism. Better then the bored look. Some may fine that admirable, but no one remembers it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

Is in match and post match taunting no longer or penalized and considered the norm?

It’s now considered very legal & very cool.

Edited by Katie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

Perhaps not "everyone does it" like hammerlockthree?  I'm still to new to this board to know.

Love the Steal Your Face profile pic. Two of my favorite things: The Dead and college wrestling.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of this crap is symptomatic and a example of what the real world has become.  Social media warriors who feel they can say anything... Do... This is now transcending into every day life... And this is just one visible form of it.

Sure... Did taunting happen in the past? Of course... But its different now... And to suggest otherwise is akin to simply not accepting the reality around us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Plus no one is gonna remember these clowns either

I will not remember all of DeSanto's antics, but I think I will remember Ashnault holding up ten fingers; I thought that was really clever and appropriate give the trash talk from the coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we all understand "showing a little emotion" is not necessarily the same thing as "acting like a disrespectful douche"?  Shooting your guns at John Smith or blowing kisses at Tom Brands, men who are legends of the game and fully earned their respect, is not "showing a little emotion."  JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, potentiallydangerous said:

The only permissible celebrations after a match should be cartwheels and backflips. As in football, where the penalty for taunting is assessed on the kickoff, the penalty for taunting in a dual meet should be two points assessed against the next teammate's match.

This would probably end it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GoNotQuietly said:

I will not remember all of DeSanto's antics, but I think I will remember Ashnault holding up ten fingers; I thought that was really clever and appropriate give the trash talk from the coach.

you remember the guys you like and give them passes for acting like jack asses...gotcha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really 'like' Ashnault, per say, but I thought what he did was a perfectly reasonable, and not really even disrespectful, reaction to someone who said he couldn't score a point.  He wasn't acting like a jackass on this one, and it was different in kind from DeSanto.  That said, I really don't care about what DeSanto does either as long as he doesn't try to injure anyone again.  I think his celebrations are pretty dumb, but the whole 'showing personality' thing has been a boon to the sport, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashnault got a TD on the edge of the mat against Kolodzik in the third and absolutely shoved him for no reason when Kolodzik was on his back after the whistle.  Watch the video again if you don't remember.  I honestly have no problem with folks like Vak who fully embrace the extracurriculars but let's stop acting like Schnaulty wasn't over the top in that match.  Great, he shook the coach's hand after but he acted like a jerk on multiple occasions during. 

Me personally I hate all that stuff and in general as a team Rutgers is the least respectful team in wrestling up and down the lineup, especially when you include folks like Delvecchio (spelling) and Richie Lewis from last year.  They don't care what some schlub on the Internet thinks but I stand by it. 

Edited by Gantry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Ashnault got a TD on the edge of the mat against Kolodzik in the third and absolutely shoved him for no reason when Kolodzik was on his back after the whistle.  Watch the video again if you don't remember.  I honestly have no problem with folks like Vak who fully embrace the extracurriculars but let's stop acting like Schnaulty wasn't over the top in that match.  Great, he shook the coach's hand after but he acting like a jerk on multiple occasions during. 

I was just talking about the ending celebration.  In-match extracurriculars always make you look like an a-hole, almost without exception.  Would have been more of a statement to calmly throw down that major dec., wait for the match to end before throwing up the 10.  I think someone on one of these threads suggested allowing celebrations after the match, and cracking down on in-match b.s.. that's roughly the boat I'm in.  Fair point about the shoving, I was working while watching and missed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, potentiallydangerous said:

The only permissible celebrations after a match should be cartwheels and backflips. As in football, where the penalty for taunting is assessed on the kickoff, the penalty for taunting in a dual meet should be two points assessed against the next teammate's match.

This would result in homocides between teammates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Coach_J said:

So we all understand "showing a little emotion" is not necessarily the same thing as "acting like a disrespectful douche"?  Shooting your guns at John Smith or blowing kisses at Tom Brands, men who are legends of the game and fully earned their respect, is not "showing a little emotion."  JMHO

Who came up with "shooting the guns?" If you can dish it you need to take it. As far as Brands, maybe someone should leave the mat and screaming for TTTTTWWWOOOOO would be the proper response?

 

But yes, John Smith and Brands are both amazing for what they did on and off the mat (moreso Smith)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...