TBar1977

Penn State @ Ohio State

1 minute ago, LHN94 said:

You're not appreciating his incoherent stories?

When he was talking about schnupp standing between hall and Nolf and one laughing, you could tell he realized he wasn't making sense, but he was too committed at that point.

12 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I just don't think that is the difference. I gave PSU and their staff credit. I don't think saying they are the best conditioned and that is the difference is the ultimate compliment.

Am I allowed to disagree with you and think it was the factors I mentioned earlier? Or must I concede?

3 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

That isn’t what I said. I am pointing out that they have nearly superior conditioning at EVERY weight and, as a result, are able to win even the few times they are underdogs. 

It IS a major factor that can’t be ignored. 

One thing Coach Green from Sem taught me, is that if you constantly force your team to look to score no matter what all season/every match/every position, they will be in better shape than if you had them run a million sprints and aerodynes and hold close leads.

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Am I allowed to disagree with you and think it was the factors I mentioned earlier? Or must I concede?

Although you quoted yourself, I assume you meant to quote me.  I have no issue with you not thinking conditioning was the ultimate factor. I would just like you to cite a match this season, by any of the starters from 133-285 for their conditioning was even a slightly negative factor in their match. Other than maybe RBY at the Scuffle, where he looked zombified, I can’t think of any!

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

Although you quoted yourself, I assume you meant to quote me.  I have no issue with you not thinking conditioning was the ultimate factor. I would just like you to cite a match this season, by any of the starters from 133-285 for their conditioning was even a slightly negative factor in their match. Other than maybe RBY at the Scuffle, where he looked zombified, I can’t think of any!

So, you're criticizing Schnupp's conditioning, eh?

Just now, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

So, you're criticizing Schnupp's conditioning, eh?

Lol, only you would twist that. He is often too overwhelmed talent wise for gas tank to really be measured. Still, feel free to add him and you may still have a hard time finding gas tank issues for PSU. 

9 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Oh, so they are pretty well conditioned throughout, except for a few instances and maybe 1 weight. That sounds like a lot of teams. I just think conditioning is ussually pretty good amongst the top teams.

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

Ok.  Last last post.  Ohio State looks as if they are simply not even there.  No one has shown any sense of what they can and should do.  It's so perplexing.

I think the first two matches really set the tone and the mystique of PSU took over.

Many of us called Moore getting pinned by Nickal. It’s just a HORRIBLE matchup nightmare for Moore. I noted he’d get decked because Moore is too offensive, leaving himself prone to make even one mistake and which would/will then capitalize.

After watching tonight, another part of Moore’s style stood out to me which makes it even worse. If Moore doesn’t learn to keep his head up after shooting his double leg, I literally think Nickal could pin Moore everytime the wrestle.

Moore is just too careless with his offense/shots and especially his head placement which Nickal will lock up in a cradle every time.

Moore needs to tighten that up or the result remains the same.

1 hour ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

As much as I love Nolf, I'd have to vote for Bo if they were giving out the Hodge today.  He's got 2 more pins and a slightly higher PPM average.

They should just award it to them jointly It’s completely impossible to choose between the two

2 minutes ago, Aviator12 said:

Many of us called Moore getting pinned by Nickal. It’s just a HORRIBLE matchup nightmare for Moore. I noted he’d get decked because Moore is too offensive, leaving himself prone to make even one mistake and which would/will then capitalize.

After watching tonight, another part of Moore’s style stood out to me which makes it even worse. If Moore doesn’t learn to keep his head up after shooting his double leg, I literally think Nickal could pin Moore everytime the wrestle.

Moore is just too careless with his offense/shots and especially his head placement which Nickal will lock up in a cradle every time.

Moore needs to tighten that up or the result remains the same.

Well said.  As a Buckeye fan, I kind of knew in my gut it was going to be a pin.

2 hours ago, treep2000 said:

As a buckeye fan, I am pissed.  They look like they don't give a hell.  Hey Ryan, duals matter.  You did NOT get your guys ready for this.  Both pletcher and McKenna couldn't keep the pace.  This is gonna be ugly

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I can assure you Ryan cares about this dual and tried to get the team prepared. They just aren’t prepared. Probably also has to do with how good penn state is and how good they are at peaking when they need to

I wouldn't blame tOSU or their coaches. PSU spent a good 4 weeks training thru and now they are on the other side in beast mode. I was hoping to see something like this tonite from the Blue and White.