Penn State @ Ohio State

The big dual this coming week.

I have Ohio State winning 5 weights.

125 Heinselman over Schnupp 

133 Pletcher over Stossel

141 McKenna over Nick Lee

149 Micah over Berge

184 My Martin over Rasheed

I think Ohio State can possibly get bonus at 133, 149 and 184. Stossel will struggle vs Pletcher. McKenna is a DEC. Micah can major Berge even with Berge having good defense normally. Micah is too much for him right now, imo. Martin is really, really good and Rasheed is not 100%, so that weight is self explanatory. 

PSU wins 5 weights

Nolf over Hayes

Cenzo over Campbell

Hall over Smith

Bo Nickal over Moore

Cassar over Singletary or Straub

I see Ohio State building a lead at the lower weights and then knowing how many bonus pts they have to play with they wrestle pretty defensively in the second half of this dual. This is going to cause PSU's big hitters to be forced to really open it up while wrestling in front of a raucus road crowd. Fireworks in either direction can ensue.

The streak is officially on watch!

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

The big dual this coming week.

I have Ohio State winning 5 weights.

125 Heinselman over Schnupp 

133 Pletcher over Stossel

141 McKenna over Nick Lee

149 Micah over Berge

184 My Martin over Rasheed

I think Ohio State can possibly get bonus at 133, 149 and 184. Stossel will struggle vs Pletcher. McKenna is a DEC. Micah can major Berge even with Berge having good defense normally. Micah is too much for him right now, imo. Martin is really, really good and Rasheed is not 100%, so that weight is self explanatory. 

PSU wins 5 weights

Nolf over Hayes

Cenzo over Campbell

Hall over Smith

Bo Nickal over Moore

Cassar over Singletary or Straub

I see Ohio State building a lead at the lower weights and then knowing how many bonus pts they have to play with they wrestle pretty defensively in the second half of this dual. This is going to cause PSU's big hitters to be forced to really open it up while wrestling in front of a raucus road crowd. Fireworks in either direction can ensue.

The streak is officially on watch!

Cant argue with that prediction.  

I don’t think we see RBY

Heinselman dec 3-0

Pletcher maj 7-0

McKenna maj 11-0

Jordan tech 16-0

Nolf pin 16-6

Cenzo dec 16-9

Hall maj 16-13

Martin dec 19-13

Nickal dec 19-16

Cassar dec 19-19

PSU wins on criteria, pinfalls

10 minutes ago, D3UC157 said:

I don’t think we see RBY

Heinselman dec 3-0

Pletcher maj 7-0

McKenna maj 11-0

Jordan tech 16-0

Nolf pin 16-6

Cenzo dec 16-9

Hall maj 16-13

Martin dec 19-13

Nickal dec 19-16

Cassar dec 19-19

PSU wins on criteria, pinfalls

Sorry, that’s not included within the criteria:

“3.15.2 Combined total number of falls, forfeits, defaults and disqualifications.” 

23 minutes ago, fudge_tunnel said:

What are the chances of this match actually happening (in the dual)....?

Very good. Think about it. Ohio St will almost certainly still have a lead, but not an insurmountable lead. If Moore does not wrestle its big points for PSU. 

The only way it does not happen is if PSU is leading, but even then it should happen.

Well, I didn't think Ashnault would clobber Kolodzik, but it happened. So although the predictions listed by T-Bar seem very reasonable, I believe that we may get an upset or two. Either way, I think it will be a very fun dual to watch. 

Close dual - as much as I want the Bucks to take it I just cant call it. 

It would seem that the Bucks victory lies in being able to get bonus, and being able to hold Dec's. Obviously. 

If Malik couldnt get bonus here I wouldnt be too surprised. 

Off chance that RBY straps up - I think Pletcher wins by Dec.

McKenna is not a lock for Major vs Lee, but it wouldnt shock me. It would appear we need it, though. 

Moore very well could get decked. He could also hold it to a dec. 

Cassar is built like a panzer, and I could see him maybe squeaking in some bonus. 

Would PSU be bold enough to bump Hall up to try and negate points from MyMar? I doubt it seeing as how Shakur is game, but who knows. 

A lot of things need to happen, and things rarely play out exactly as needed. 

The problem for Ohio State is that where PSU is favored, they will most likely win comfortably while the Bucks will not have that luxury.  For example, Nick Lee is really good and an upset at 141 is not out of the question.  Same is true for weights like 149 and 184 where PSU will put quality opponents on mat in underdog roles.  Meanwhile, Joseph, Nolf, Hall and Cassar will win easily.  Nickal v Moore could be interesting but it's more likely to be a controlled victory for Bo in a match where he chooses to score and ride hard.  The Bucks just don't have the ability to challenge their studs and will need to put forth a flawless effort.  Perhaps Hall, Nickal, Joseph and Nolf can all get the flu.  

Edited by silvermedal

10 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Rasheed was seen on campus limping on Saturday, one night after beating Jelani Embree. Of course RBY is still out. Ohio State can easily bonus at both of those weights. 

Embree gave him a tough match.  The Michigan kid wrestled well.  

29 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Rasheed was seen on campus limping on Saturday, one night after beating Jelani Embree. Of course RBY is still out. Ohio State can easily bonus at both of those weights. 

Doubt we see him in the lineup unless they are worried about losing due to bonus by the time 184 rolls around. 

Also RBY will almost certainly not be wrestling from what I understand, but I hope that is incorrect. I think a match vs Pletcher is very interesting and will tell us a lot. 

18-17 PSU with both RBY and Rasheed in the line up.

Part of me thinks Cenzo can get the major but i going to leave it as is. It's going to be a great dual, hopefully tOSU fan base can fill the arena. The the last few home duals have been pathetic with attendance.  

125: tOSU dec. 0-3

133: tOSU dec. 0-6

141: tOSU Maj. 0-10

149; tOSU dec.  0-13

157: PSU maj. 4-13

165: PSU dec. 7-13

174: PSU maj. 11-13

184:  tOSU Maj. 11-17

197: PSU dec. 14-17

285:  PSU maj. 18-17 

Edited by Nicky_Pipes

So your the guy...?

Just like with most major upsets...Moore will need to stick Nickal or catch him in like a 6 point move to beat him.

Can it happen? Sure. Will it? No.

Moore can’t beat Nickal by outwrestling him. And that’s nothing to be ashamed of... Nickal is historically great.

Edited by Aviator12