TBar1977

Penn State @ Ohio State

3 minutes ago, TakedownfromMotown said:

Not a great dual to watch to be honest.

25- Not a lot to see here sou 3-0

33- Pletcher should control an easy major 7-0, he beats rby as well

41-Mckenna has been as impressive as anybody I've watched this year, Lee is very good with a great pace, but I think McKenna puts it on him 10-2, squeezes out the major 11-0

49-Jordan needs a major and should get it 15-0

57-Nolf by fall, though I wouldn't be surprised if Hayes gets stalled out.   15-6

65-Cenzo major 15-10 OSU

74-Hall by dec 15-13

84-Martin major, I don't care who they send out, this could be worse as well 19-13

97-Nickal dec, Really the only competitive match in this dual, and who knows with Nickal he could end it in 30 seconds.  I think this will be tough though and he'll have to grind one out against a very good Moore. 19-16

HWT- Cassar major-kid is really good, this could be worse as well 20-19 PSU.

Dual will be completely decided by bonus points, which won't be great to watch.  Everyone that is overmatched will be backing up, stalling, blocking, mind you doing what he needs to do for his team to win, but not exciting wrestling.   It's much more fun when we don't know the outcome of almost every match.  25 and 97 really the only toss ups I guess, and I don't think Nickal is a toss up.

PSU has some of the most entertaining wrestlers in the country, are ranked #1 and wrestling a team that is a top 2-4 dual meet team. You even scored it a one point victory. Even without a vested interest in either team I think this will be a good dual to watch, even if it turns into a blow out or for some fans something even better, an upset.

23 hours ago, unbiased said:

If Moore beats Nickal Friday, I wouldn't want to be Moore in March.

How often have you actually seen "revenge" work out, though? I think I've seen as many "aggrieved" people looking for payback lose much worse the second time around as I've seen them complete the turnaround.

Won't matter though. Bo knows who Moore is, will likely have little respect for him (why would a 2X champ 3X finalist be worried about a guy whose yet to win a title?), and will probably pin him. I'm hoping for a great match though.

Edited by TobusRex

20 minutes ago, unbiased said:

PSU has some of the most entertaining wrestlers in the country, are ranked #1 and wrestling a team that is a top 2-4 dual meet team. You even scored it a one point victory. Even without a vested interest in either team I think this will be a good dual to watch, even if it turns into a blow out or for some fans something even better, an upset.

Fair, the outcome could be entertaining no doubt, the individual match ups not so much.  As great as Penn State is, and Ohio state for that matter, it's unfortunate we don't get to see great individual matchups between the two, except Nickal and Moore, and arguably Lee-McKenna. 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:47 PM, DocBZ said:

Nickal vs Moore should be worth the price of admission alone.

I agree. Of course Nickal is the favorite but what’s it going to look like. Nickal’s closest match this year was Eric Schultz (Nebraska), his only decision. Moore is also undefeated with a high bonus rate. Even so. 

The match where the outcome would have been most in doubt was RBY vs Pletcher, but that won't happen now due to RBY injury.

Still plenty of other matches can be entertaining just to see how they unfold. 

The only thing that would be completely uninteresting is to see an over matched guy turtle up to avoid giving up bonus. 

34 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

How often have you actually seen "revenge" work out, though? I think I've seen as many "aggrieved" people looking for payback lose much worse the second time around as I've seen them complete the turnaround.

Won't matter though. Bo knows who Moore is, will likely have little respect for him (why would a 2X champ 3X finalist be worried about a guy whose yet to win a title?), and will probably pin him. I'm hoping for a great match though.

Bo knows revenge.

Image result for bo nickal  myles martin gif

41 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I strongly suspect I know the answer already: but is FLO going to show this dual? I don't have BTN :(

If you have cable and a smart phone, download the FOX sports go app and you can stream it to your tv or watch it to your phone. Another option is to use a laptop and go to fox sports go.com and you can scan through the channels that are under this website and BTN live is covered and you can watch replays.

38 minutes ago, unbiased said:

If you have cable and a smart phone, download the FOX sports go app and you can stream it to your tv or watch it to your phone. Another option is to use a laptop and go to fox sports go.com and you can scan through the channels that are under this website and BTN live is covered and you can watch replays.

And if you don't have either, try google.  

Edited by steamboat_charlie v2

Heinselman dec 3-0

Pletcher maj 7-0

McKenna dec 10-0

Jordan dec 13-0

Nolf tech 14-5

Cenzo dec 14-8

Hall dec 14-11

Martin tech 18-11 (assuming no Shak, dec if Shak)

Nickal dec 18-14

Cassar mdec 18-18 (dual 5-5)

Not sure what criteria determines winner...most match points?

29 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Or stay off the net for a day or two and go to you tube.

Actually I've noticed Big 10 matches being posted to Youtube almost immediately. After the MU/PSU match I didn't have to wait more than a couple hours to find all the matches I wanted to watch from that dual on Youtube. I even posted a link to a Big 10 dual here on this forum, and Jason Bryant complained about piracy,  lol.  He might have a point :D

As much as I do believe this dual will be close, 5-5 I do not see one match being close.

OSU could get bonus points at 133, 149 & 184

PSU should get bonus points in all 5 of their wins.

I do not think Moore keeps it close with Bo. I hope he does but IMO Bo is the most dominant wrestler right now.

I feel the only other person in the conversation is his teammate Nolf.

1 hour ago, Aviator12 said:

I still for the life of me can’t understand why Martin kept his hips so high after putting Nickal to his back.... EVERY time I see that clip.

That’s a textbook no no he learned in elementary school wrestling. Probably runs through his mind daily.

It appears that Bo's leg was elevating Martin as they went down and it all happened in less than a second?

13 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

It appears that Bo's leg was elevating Martin as they went down and it all happened in less than a second?

Yeah, I think I recall seeing a video breakdown of the sequence where it showed that Nickal was keeping Martin’s hips up.

2 hours ago, Aviator12 said:

I still for the life of me can’t understand why Martin kept his hips so high after putting Nickal to his back.... EVERY time I see that clip.

That’s a textbook no no he learned in elementary school wrestling. Probably runs through his mind daily.

Bo stated in his post match interview that he has been hitting that move since was 6 years old and there was no need to panic.

Bo is definitely not unbeatable.  He did not look great against Schultz this year (8-6), and Abounader gave him all he could handle last year (and, in my mind, Abounader really got screwed in their first match).  Don't forget Bo's 6-5 win against Gravina, either

I still would bet on Bo winning, but don't be shocked if Moore pulls off the upset.  Anyone who thinks he is going to tech or pin Moore is dreaming.

Edited by DEFan79

10 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

Anyone who thinks he is going to tech or pin Moore is dreaming.

Anyone who thinks that there's someone in college wrestling near Bo Nickal's weight that he can't pin is dreaming.  Tech I agree, but Bo's pin resume speaks for itself. 

Since the NCAA finals bout between Nickal and Martin was brought up (above), this breakdown and analysis of the match is pretty good if you haven't seen it already.  Worth a watch:  

Edited by dmm53

6 hours ago, DEFan79 said:

Bo is definitely not unbeatable.  He did not look great against Schultz this year (8-6), and Abounader gave him all he could handle last year (and, in my mind, Abounader really got screwed in their first match).  Don't forget Bo's 6-5 win against Gravina, either

I still would bet on Bo winning, but don't be shocked if Moore pulls off the upset.  Anyone who thinks he is going to tech or pin Moore is dreaming.

6 hours ago, Gantry said:

Anyone who thinks that there's someone in college wrestling near Bo Nickal's weight that he can't pin is dreaming.  Tech I agree, but Bo's pin resume speaks for itself. 

He couldn’t come even remotely close to pinning Abounader. It ain’t happening against Moore.