TBar1977

Penn State @ Ohio State

There was more than a second for Martin to adjust.

If Bo would have hit that move on his first elevator attempt, than yes it’s a move hit in a matter of seconds and it happens.

As you can see in the video, Bo actually loses grip his first attempt and actually regrips his positioning along with securing a headlock before elevating Martin over.

If Myles would have flattened his hips after the first elevator attempt, again like we were all taught at a very young age, he wouldn’t have went over like he did.

His prolonged, elevated hips is what provided the leverage needed and Bo took advantage of it and launched him over on his second try.

Trust me... this is playing over and over in Martin’s mind.

Edited by Aviator12

3 hours ago, Aviator12 said:

If Myles would have flattened his hips after the first elevator attempt, again like we were all taught at a very young age, he wouldn’t have went over like he did.

You were taught to flatten your hips during a misdirection elevator roll at a very young age? 

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Joey McKenna is listed for Ohio State.

On the Coaches show last night Cael Sanderson said RBY might go with a brace on his knee, that Brady Berge would go, and that Rasheed will go. 

None of that means anything.

1 minute ago, silvermedal said:

I must have more respect for Nick Lee than most other people.  McKenna has been fantastic all season but Lee has been excellent as well.  I expect a tight match between these two.  

Agreed.  I don't see a major here.  I see it something like 8-5 McKenna.

52 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

I must have more respect for Nick Lee than most other people.  McKenna has been fantastic all season but Lee has been excellent as well.  I expect a tight match between these two.  

I think it's a combination of (1) the Wisconsin dual still being fresh in people's minds, and (2) McKenna dismantling Storr with what looked like relative ease.  

McKenna barely squeaked by Lee in the dual last year.  I think the gap is a little wider this time around, but not by much.  

On 2/3/2019 at 3:36 PM, TBar1977 said:

The big dual this coming week.

I have Ohio State winning 5 weights.

125 Heinselman over Schnupp 

133 Pletcher over Stossel

141 McKenna over Nick Lee

149 Micah over Berge

184 My Martin over Rasheed

I think Ohio State can possibly get bonus at 133, 149 and 184. Stossel will struggle vs Pletcher. McKenna is a DEC. Micah can major Berge even with Berge having good defense normally. Micah is too much for him right now, imo. Martin is really, really good and Rasheed is not 100%, so that weight is self explanatory. 

PSU wins 5 weights

Nolf over Hayes

Cenzo over Campbell

Hall over Smith

Bo Nickal over Moore

Cassar over Singletary or Straub

I see Ohio State building a lead at the lower weights and then knowing how many bonus pts they have to play with they wrestle pretty defensively in the second half of this dual. This is going to cause PSU's big hitters to be forced to really open it up while wrestling in front of a raucus road crowd. Fireworks in either direction can ensue.

The streak is officially on watch!

Tbar, u r officially not the biggest homer. Excellent write up!

51 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

LOL..you KNOW he's right, Tbar.  Cael can say whatever he wants before the match and do something totally different. And he has done exactly that in the past :D

True, but everyone still wants to know what he has to say. 

27 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Tbar, u r officially not the biggest homer. Excellent write up!

Ha ha. I can tell you that I just call them as I see them. It isn't my fault PSIU keeps proving me right by always (55 in a row anyway) winning.

I did  call PSU to not be a factor in 2015 the day after the prior Tournament ended. That whole redshirt thing. People forget that. Lol.

11 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

You were taught to flatten your hips during a misdirection elevator roll at a very young age? 

Lol maybe not that specific hehe. I was taught to flatten my hips when on top in any type of leverage position. First thing I was taught is to not use my force as leverage to be put on my head. When your hips are high, you provide the leverage to elevate you over. I literally LOL’d atvyiur response though, I obviously didn’t mean it in that detail!

On 2/4/2019 at 3:23 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Chalk seems extremely likely here... not a lot, or any, toss-ups depending on your view on Nickal/Moore. 

Ranking potential upsets by most to least likely...

1) Moore
2) Schnupp
3) Lee
4) Rasheed
5) Singletary
6) Berge
7) Smith
8) Campbell
9) Stossel
10) Hayes

I would put the Schnupp "upset" at the top of this list. This one's going to be a nail-biter and, if they go first, Schnupp could put it out of reach for the Buckeyes right off the bat. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Schnupp has the edge here.

Malik dec 3-0

Pletcher dec if RBY, MD if anyone else 6-0

McKenna dec 9-0

Micah MD 13-0

Nolf Tech 13-5

Cenzo dec 13-8

Hall dec 13-11

Martin dec if Rasheed, Tech if not 16-11

Bo dec Moore 16-14

Cassar pin Singletary 16-20

Could easily go the other way, especially if RBY and/or Rasheed don't wrestle. Problem for tOSU is, most likely outcome is 5-5 and PSU will almost definitely have more bonus. 

Also - no idea why people are giving Singletary any chance. Cassar is going to run him over. I'm predicting a pin.