Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

What are your best Iowa taunting memories?

Richie Lewis after beating Marinelli at Big Tens was pretty good. Thought it was cool that he was in the Iowa room training with Marinelli a few months later. Say what you want about the Brands Bros antics (they certainly tire me) they take their medicine as well as anyone. I remember the one of them, Tom maybe, just kind of clapped when Massa flexed on him last year. Got a kick out of it.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:45 AM, KTG119 said:

Lewboo posted a story a long time back, think it went like this. Trizzino was wrestling against Gene Mills and got the 1st takedown to go up 2-0 on Mean Gene. They went out of bounds and Trizzino looked at the Iowa bench and gave the thumbs up sign. Mills quickly turned the tables and either pinned him or beat him badly on points.

Randy Lewis was the next Hawkeye to wrestle in the dual. As Trizzino walked off the mat Randy gave him a thumbs up.

does that count?  

This doesn't seem right as Trizzino was at 142 (later 150) and Mills was a 118 pounder.  Now change Trizzino for Dan Glenn and I'll believe it.

12 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

This doesn't seem right as Trizzino was at 142 (later 150) and Mills was a 118 pounder.  Now change Trizzino for Dan Glenn and I'll believe it.

Mark Trizzino not Scott. or it could have been Tim Riley? Mills wrestled 126 early in season (big 118)

Edited by KTG119