Plasmodium

Desanto's In-Match Antics

I haven't seen this discussed, so apologies if redundant.  Desanto picked up Peska in a double that will bring the match to a TF when completed. As he unnecessarily walked across the mat with Peska on his shoulders, he gave a thumbs up to what would probably be the Iowa bench, then held his palm out as if to say wait for this and finally drove Peska into the mat. He then shoved Peska and started trash talking to Nebraska(as discussed)

I am alright with his trash talking and taunting, but the in-match antics warrant a  DQ and suspension.  Also, Manning wouldn't even shake his hand.

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

I haven't seen this discussed, so apologies if redundant.  Desanto picked up Peska in a double that will bring the match to a TF when completed. As he unnecessarily walked across the mat with Peska on his shoulders, he gave a thumbs up to what would probably be the Iowa bench, then held his palm out as if to say wait for this and finally drove Peska into the mat. He then shoved Peska and started trash talking to Nebraska(as discussed)

I am alright with his trash talking and taunting, but the in-match antics warrant a  DQ and suspension.  Also, Manning wouldn't even shake his hand.

Not sure about a DQ but as I just posted in another post I don’t see him keeping it together in that 133 bracket for all those matches. First time he runs into a defensive wrestler that keeps his offense in checks he will fall apart. He’s such a great wrestler and his offense is fun to watch but his head is his biggest opponent.

I agree with the shove being unnecessary.  There is no reason why they shouldn't get hit with a team point because that was definitely unsportsmanlike.  A DQ, probably not.  When it comes to chippy, I would have to put Nebraska's Berger in that category as well.  Not to the extent of DeSanto but he's definitely an instigator.

ps. I saw Ashnault do a similar thing to Kolodzik which I thought was uncalled for.

Edited by pennsyrules

17 minutes ago, Katie said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see wrestlers try to subtly get under his skin in order to throw his focus off. 

Agree. Game plan should be to get ruff with him early and try to slow down the pace.

32 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I think Manning grabbed DeSanto's hand and pushed it aside cause he was trying to separate him from Berger.  Apparently Desanto doesn't comprehend that you don't taunt the other team and then run over immediately after to shake hands like nothing happened.  

3 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Agree. Game plan should be to get ruff with him early and try to slow down the pace.

The only contrary I could see to this is coaches worried that if they try to ruff too much, he will go off and injure someone like the Micic attempt.

Nebraska taunted Iowa all match, did you really expect it to go unresponded to?  Also, it definitely appeared, and has been spoken to by posters on different boards, that Berger said something taunting to Desanto when Desanto came near their bench while trying to finish a double leg that went out of bounds.  I'm not sure how you could possibly ask for a DQ, it's not like Desanto illegally slammed Peska.  Anyway, I love Desanto.

1 minute ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

I think Manning grabbed DeSanto's hand and pushed it aside cause he was trying to separate him from Berger.  Apparently Desanto doesn't comprehend that you don't taunt the other team and then run over immediately after to shake hands like nothing happened.  

Didn't Ashnault run over and shake the Princeton coaches hands after he held up "ten" repeatedly? Obviously not considering what Desanto did the same as Ashnault.

3 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Go easy on DeSanto, he's living with autism. Social cues are hard for him. 

5 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

If only Desanto had comported himself with the same level of class as Tyler Berger.  It's funny that Manning felt fine grabbing another team's athlete, as opposed to his own.

39 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Not sure about a DQ but as I just posted in another post I don’t see him keeping it together in that 133 bracket for all those matches. First time he runs into a defensive wrestler that keeps his offense in checks he will fall apart. He’s such a great wrestler and his offense is fun to watch but his head is his biggest opponent.

Yup.  I'd be surprised if he doesn't completely flip his lid during the B1G tournament.  NCAA tournament is a given.  

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

If only Desanto had comported himself with the same level of class as Tyler Berger.  It's funny that Manning felt fine grabbing another team's athlete, as opposed to his own.

^this... nebraska kids acted the fool all match... wrestled poorly... tried junk moves... manning whined all dual long... then put his hands on an opposing team's athlete...

but, doesn't mesh with the overwhelming narrative of this BBS, so... 

11 minutes ago, GranbyTroll said:

Where do you get this autism charge? I have never met the kid, but I have seen him in interviews and he hardly seems autistic.

30 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don't really see a problem with the thumbs up/"wait for it" gesture.

The shove was unnecessary though and surprised he did yet another throat slash

Exactly.  The thumbs up right before finishing the tech was kind of bush league since it was against a guy that isn't ranked, but I don't have a problem with it. Nor do I have a problem with playing to the crowd after the match. But anybody pretending that's all that happens when DeSanto wrestles is intentionally distorting things. It's the after the whistle action and stuff directed at the other wrestler that's the issue.  

Cash got a big win to and was excited after the match but nobody is even mentioning it because he didn't do anything directed at his opponent or that was after the whistle. If that's all DeSanto was doing nobody would mention it for him either, but it isn't. 

11 minutes ago, gopher_fan_90 said:

Didn't Ashnault run over and shake the Princeton coaches hands after he held up "ten" repeatedly? Obviously not considering what Desanto did the same as Ashnault.

Yes he did, but the context was different.  Chris Ayers said before the match that Ashnault wouldn't score a point on Kolodzik.  After holding up the "ten" sign, he ran over and they shook hands without incident.

12 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Looked more like Manning was trying to keep DeSanto and Berger apart to me.  Admittedly, it also looked like he was pissed at DeSanto for coming over to the Husker bench after taunting them.  But I think he was mainly trying to prevent the situation from getting further out of hand.  Berger, on the other hand, wisely retreated to his own bench after taunting the Hawks.

Moral:  Don't taunt the animals in the zoo and then go in the cage to try to pet them. 

31 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

27 minutes ago, GranbyTroll said:

How am I being hard on him?  If he indeed has autism, that would further confirm my observation that he didn't understand how to act in that situation.

1 hour ago, Sublime607 said:

He was able to keep everything in check during the close match with Nick Suriano but I do understand what you are saying.

13 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Looked more like Manning was trying to keep DeSanto and Berger apart to me.  Admittedly, it also looked like he was pissed at DeSanto for coming over to the Husker bench after taunting them.  But I think he was mainly trying to prevent the situation from getting further out of hand.  Berger, on the other hand, wisely retreated to his own bench after taunting the Hawks.

Moral:  Don't taunt the animals in the zoo and then go in the cage to try to pet them. 

Berger also appeared to taunt Desanto midmatch, as I already pointed out.  And he was just as involved in that altercation as Desanto, who why would Manning grab the other school's athlete?