Plasmodium

Desanto's In-Match Antics

And I'm not seeing anyone say Desanto was in the right. Just that Nebraska was as bad if not worse. But those iowa fans are the ones being called out for wearing their black and gold glasses? 

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

if this was out of character for a nebraska team then perhaps i am making somehting out of nothing about it... i really have no idea... i just know what i saw and it was surpsing to me...

Fact is that both teams had their moments of acting like jackwagons.  The only real controversy posed, IMO, is whether Manning assaulted DeSantoor or was just trying to prevent a volatile situation from escalating.  Seems pretty clear to me from the evidence that it was the latter. 

However, if I'm wrong, I expect it'll be covered on SportsCenter.  It's hard to imagine that a coach can manhandle a student athlete from an opposing team for no good reason and it go unnoticed by the media - particularly in this day and age.

It's pretty clear Berger initiates whatever happened in the handshake line.  Desanto is just moving thru shaking hands quickly, and then looks up when Berger says something.  Whatever, I don't care about any of that, but it's #FakeNews to say anything else.

6 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Fact is that both teams had their moments of acting like jackwagons.  The only real controversy posed, IMO, is whether Manning assaulted DeSantoor or was just trying to prevent a volatile situation from escalating.  Seems pretty clear to me from the evidence that it was the latter. 

However, if I'm wrong, I expect it'll be covered on SportsCenter.  It's hard to imagine that a coach can manhandle a student athlete from an opposing team for no good reason and it go unnoticed by the media - particularly in this day and age.

nebraska as a team was far more egregious yesterday than the lone iowa kid that everyone loves to pile on...

and the simple fact of the matter is what manning did was so far out of the scope that i have ever seen it actually surprised me... this whole sportscenter angle you are using to deflect the obvious not withstanding...

the kids acting the fool did not... exception being red acting like he was king kong after a dismal performance against a back up... that was just sad...

18 minutes ago, Molsen said:

Focus on berger in that line, it looks like maybe it was him holding on, he sure seemed verbal. Manning could have grabbed his wrestlers arm and stopped it because it looked like desanto was moving foward, but manning grabbed at desanto instead, the other teams wrestler.

Maple already had Berger's arm before DeSanto even got to him.  And Manning moved towards Berger and got between him and DeSanto before he flung DeSanto's arm away.  

Never know for sure, but instead of Desanto running back to his team, he heads right to the Nebraska side to shake hands.  Normally, that wouldn't be a big deal, but right after jawing to that team, you are crazy if you didn't think something was going to happen.  

13 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It's pretty clear Berger initiates whatever happened in the handshake line.  Desanto is just moving thru shaking hands quickly, and then looks up when Berger says something.  Whatever, I don't care about any of that, but it's #FakeNews to say anything else.

I think things were initiated earlier by both Berger and DeSanto's taunts and/or actions.  Whatever happened in the handshake line was just the culmination of tempers that had been heating up throughout the dual.

1 minute ago, buf87 said:

Never know for sure, but instead of Desanto running back to his team, he heads right to the Nebraska side to shake hands.  Normally, that wouldn't be a big deal, but right after jawing to that team, you are crazy if you didn't think something was going to happen.  

And yet everybody except Berger and Manning were fine.

Just now, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

I think things were initiated earlier by both Berger and DeSanto's taunts and/or actions.  Whatever happened in the handshake line was just the culmination of tempers that had been heating up throughout the dual.

Sure, I agree.  But that "culmination" was initiated by Berger.

10 minutes ago, LJB said:

still no reason to put hands on desanto... the reason anyone does not understand that is painfully obvious...

Coaches put hands on athletes all the time - either to break up fights or separate the athletes to prevent fights.  Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Edited by HurricaneWrestling2

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I don't know about multiple misconducts,  but one flagrant misconduct will result in a dq and subsequent suspension.  

IMO, the in-match conduct is flagrant.  I could care less about the throat slash or trash talking afterwards.

Do you feel Chad Red should have been charged with a flagrant for making a heart sign at the Iowa bench during his match?

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

And yet everybody except Berger and Manning were fine.

Agree and that is what I expected between Berger and Desanto.  Still think Manning was just breaking it up between Desanto and Berger.   But I am sure that Manning wasn't all rosy with Desanto at that moment.  But if you have Berger doing it, better be able to handle it when it gets done to you.

1 minute ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Coaches put hands on athletes all the time - either to break up fights or separate the athletes to prevent a fights.  Referees do it too.  Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

referee is in an incredibly different position than a coach... and coache's typically grab their own kids to remove them from any altercation... it happens so rarely that they grab an opponent that it drew my attention...

watching what manning did and saying it seemed reasonable is ridiculous... it clearly wasn't... had desanto grabbed manning like that you would **** yourself... 

now, should it be a punishable offence, i don't believe so... should an AD have a talk with him and make him see what an jack ass he is, absolutely...

1 minute ago, buf87 said:

Agree and that is what I expected between Berger and Desanto.  Still think Manning was just breaking it up between Desanto and Berger.   But I am sure that Manning wasn't all rosy with Desanto at that moment.  But if you have Berger doing it, better be able to handle it when it gets done to you.

It says a lot that Maple had his hands on Berger in preperation for him to do something  before Berger and Desanto even got to each other. Berger was probably salty when he came to the realization that Nebby would never beat Iowa in his tenor. 

46 minutes ago, GockeS said:

LJB 

i agree, manning whines some.

ever hear another coach whine? I have.

ever seen other teams act like jackwagons?

Iowa has a history here.

Why NU decided to do this today I don't know. but what manning did was move desantics out of the way so the line could progress.

Last year at the dual Manning was turning around and yelling back to the fans at Carver while his team got Molly-whomped. Like, multiple times. Interesting guy.

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

referee is in an incredibly different position than a coach... and coache's typically grab their own kids to remove them from any altercation... it happens so rarely that they grab an opponent that it drew my attention...

watching what manning did and saying it seemed reasonable is ridiculous... it clearly wasn't... had desanto grabbed manning like that you would **** yourself... 

now, should it be a punishable offence, i don't believe so... should an AD have a talk with him and make him see what an jack ass he is, absolutely...

how many times... are you going to... post the... exact same... thing...

You have about 30 posts in this single thread.  All of which say the exact same thing, and none of which employ even the slightest hint of nuance.  

16 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Last year at the dual Manning was turning around and yelling back to the fans at Carver while his team got Molly-whomped. Like, multiple times. Interesting guy.

well, what were they saying to him?

maybe this incident is why iowa guys always ran out of the gym in the old days? 

i jest.

13 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

how many times... are you going to... post the... exact same... thing...

You have about 30 posts in this single thread.  All of which say the exact same thing, and none of which employ even the slightest hint of nuance.  

the obvious answer is as long as i am compelled to respond to the average mentality that most possess...

and just so you are clear, there are 4 distinct new ideas in that post in response to someone's poor justification...

i dont like what desanto did.

i dont like what berger did. and have decried it for some time...maybe not on this forum.

or red.

or ashnault.

but look at society as a whole... it's what's coming.

we are in trouble.

it's why bill belichick keeps such a tight leash on his players. no need for bulletin board material.

no need to act like a jackwagon.

manning is trying to be that guy saying 'stop'.

Edited by GockeS

2 minutes ago, GockeS said:

i dont like what berger did. and have decried it for some time...maybe not on this forum.

or red.

or ashnault.

we are in trouble.

it's why bill belichick keeps such a tight leash on his players. no need for bulletin board material.

Your last line is hilarious.

you suppose he was assaulting desanto? 

but perhaps he needs to take a harder look at social media etc...and antics...

but the hand shake... 'stop'

Edited by GockeS

3 minutes ago, GockeS said:

or red.

or ashnault.

we are in trouble.

Do you really believe we as a society are in trouble because of after match celebrations and unsportsmanlike behavior? I can think of a few things that I would be more concerned about than that.