Plasmodium

Desanto's In-Match Antics

3 minutes ago, GockeS said:

no that behavior is being exhibited everywhere in society right now.

we as a planet are in trouble.

common decency is beginning to fade.

Please, what do you think is going to happen? Polarization is the problem. Common decency and manners are overrated. 

Edited by russelscout

5 minutes ago, GockeS said:

you suppose he was assaulting desanto? 

but perhaps he needs to take a harder look at social media etc...and antics...

but the hand shake... 'stop'

No, I don’t think he was assaulting him but the time to say “stop” was when Berger was running his mouth during the last match while his team was getting beat. 

11 minutes ago, GockeS said:

i dont like what desanto did.

i dont like what berger did. and have decried it for some time...maybe not on this forum.

or red.

or ashnault.

but look at society as a whole... it's what's coming.

we are in trouble.

it's why bill belichick keeps such a tight leash on his players. no need for bulletin board material.

no need to act like a jackwagon.

manning is trying to be that guy saying 'stop'.

This post seems a bit paranoid and lacking in data or historical context. 

you were there and heard berger running his mouth?

or would a better time be when desanto lifts him and then begins to gesture to the crowd...during the match?

or with ashnault signaling 10 points...during the match? 

and yes, what red did during the match was stupid.

Edited by GockeS

Just now, Katie said:

This post seems a bit paranoid and lacking in data or historical context. 

how so?

what context is missing... they all have a history...and if you watch the news... pouncing seems to be all the rage... 

so saying manning assaulted someone isn't overreacting? 

or desanto reacting to berger's kiss isn't?

or ashnault giving 10 in reaction? 

or berger and his antics after a loss? 

well yes, the news is garbage.. but you see it happening, right before your eyes.

the polarization being propagated by the media itself.

Edited by GockeS

3 minutes ago, GockeS said:

you were there and heard berger running his mouth?

or would a better time be when desanto lifts him and then begins to gesture to the crowd...during the match?

or with ashnault signaling 10 points...during the match? 

Yes.

8 minutes ago, GockeS said:

how so?

what context is missing... they all have a history...and if you watch the news... pouncing seems to be all the rage... 

I don’t know what “pouncing” is.

I believe your fears lack historical context because they connect a few actions of a few active wrestlers to the prospects of everyone on earth. How can that possibly make any sense?

If historical levels of violence are your concern, there are studies out there you can look at.

Edited by Katie

One guy here was on a Minnesota team back in the 90’s, wrestling Iowa. They were all in and out of the sauna trying to make weight (I guess it was still legal). One of them locked one of the brands in the sauna. They watched brands have a meltdown from the window trying to get out. 

Just now, GockeS said:

well yes, the news is garbage.. but you see it happening, right before your eyes.

being propagated by the media itself.

Because the media profits from views, and since traditional media is dying, it needs to be as outrageous as it can be to stay alive. You are seeing every single outlier as if it is a new norm, but it really isn't. Violence and crime are down. It doesn't appear that society is falling apart, as long as you can see it for what it is.

Taunting isn't new, but when Ben Askren "lassoed" John Smith, we didn't have 15 different camera angles of the incident. It doesn't seem to me that things have changed that much. We are all more aware of it now. I am not seeing this as a sign for a deteriorating society.

12 minutes ago, scribe said:

One guy here was on a Minnesota team back in the 90’s, wrestling Iowa. They were all in and out of the sauna trying to make weight (I guess it was still legal). One of them locked one of the brands in the sauna. They watched brands have a meltdown from the window trying to get out. 

Having been in a sauna cutting weight and getting that feeling that you're overheating and about to pass out and need to get out for fresh air right at that instant... I'd be sympathetic to Brands in that situation.

13 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Because the media profits from views, and since traditional media is dying, it needs to be as outrageous as it can be to stay alive. You are seeing every single outlier as if it is a new norm, but it really isn't. Violence and crime are down. It doesn't appear that society is falling apart, as long as you can see it for what it is.

Taunting isn't new, but when Ben Askren "lassoed" John Smith, we didn't have 15 different camera angles of the incident. It doesn't seem to me that things have changed that much. We are all more aware of it now. I am not seeing this as a sign for a deteriorating society.

Desanto isn't doing anything that Gilman didn't do, Gilman didn't do anything that Ramos didn't do, and Ramos didn't do anything Metcalf didn't do. Just with each one of them more people have gotten cameras and the ease of sharing it on social media has made it more visible so it isn't just people who are at the meets seeing it go down. 

Edited by ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

8 minutes ago, ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying said:

Desanto isn't doing anything that Gilman didn't do, Gilman didn't do anything that Ramos didn't do, and Ramos didn't do anything Metcalf didn't do. Just with each one of them more people have gotten cameras and the ease of sharing it on social media has made it more visible so it isn't just people who are at the meets seeing it go down. 

....and Metcalf didnt do anything the  twins didnt do

8 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I haven't seen this discussed, so apologies if redundant.  Desanto picked up Peska in a double that will bring the match to a TF when completed. As he unnecessarily walked across the mat with Peska on his shoulders, he gave a thumbs up to what would probably be the Iowa bench, then held his palm out as if to say wait for this and finally drove Peska into the mat. He then shoved Peska and started trash talking to Nebraska(as discussed)

I am alright with his trash talking and taunting, but the in-match antics warrant a  DQ and suspension.  Also, Manning wouldn't even shake his hand.

Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's, is a developmental disorder characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.

1 hour ago, ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying said:

I don't think Metcalf should be lumped in with DeSanto, Gilman, and Ramos.  I don't recall him acting similarly to those three except for the one incident when he "shoved" Caldwell.  Other than that, did he ever cost Iowa a team point?