Plasmodium

Desanto's In-Match Antics

5 hours ago, 1032004 said:

So Berger was supposedly talking trash to DeSanto during the match?  Can you see that in the match video?

Its on flo.   He points at someone (presumably desanto) and then brushes both of his shoulders kike he had dandruff.   Does that mean chip on his shoulder?  

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

Its on flo.   He points at someone (presumably desanto) and then brushes both of his shoulders kike he had dandruff.   Does that mean chip on his shoulder?  

No - you gotta stay relevant   As per Shawn Carter:  

You gotta get, that, dirt off your shoulder
You're now tuned into the mu'****in' greatest
Best rapper alive, best rapper alive

18 hours ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Just remembered where I read about him; a 1996 Sports Illustrated article - excerpt follows, full link below.  (That article was also the first time Tom talked publicly about the "sexual misconduct" incident that got him barred from the Iowa state tournament his senior year.)

"Tom Brands Sr. owned a body shop in Sheldon, a northern Iowa farming community. He drank heavily when the twins were young and was given to black-cloud silences and sudden lashings ofanger. "The old man used to tear the house down when he was drunk," says Tom, whose parents divorced when he and Terry were 11."

https://www.si.com/vault/1996/06/03/213476/wrestlemania-the-brands-twins-who-live-to-inflict-pain-on-the-mat-are-on-track-for-the-atlanta-olympics

Wow. That article showed me a lot about the Brand's boys that makes me wonder why in hell Iowa would put guys like that in charge of their pride and joy wrestling program? They sound like they'd have been perfectly at home on my HS team, which was about 70% juvenile delinquents.

Edited by TobusRex

Which of DeSanto’s actions crossed the line? I know it was something, but what was it exactly?

Personally I’d like to see him make much more use of his throat-slash gesture. It’s hilarious. 

1 minute ago, Katie said:

Which of DeSanto’s actions crossed the line? I know it was something, but what was it exactly?

Personally I’d like to see him make much more use of his throat-slash gesture. It’s hilarious. 

I'd imagine getting dinged a team point for the third time was probably what did it. Though I'm sure the fact that Iowa doesn't need him to win against Maryland played in to it just like Stoll's one match suspension to start the season.

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

I thought DeSanto talking to his bench and gesturing with his hands (while carrying the opponent) prior to slamming his opponent was pretty low class. 

Edited by TobusRex

12 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Wow. That article showed me a lot about the Brand's boys that makes me wonder why in hell Iowa would put guys like that in charge of their pride and joy wrestling program? They sound like they'd have been perfectly at home on my HS team, which was about 70% juvenile delinquents.

Ya, these guys had a tough child hood, made some poor decisions as high schoolers, and found an outlet for that negative energy to do something great in the wrestling world as adults,  and we should definiteley hold those negatives against them forever.

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Ya, these guys had a tough child hood, made some poor decisions as high schoolers, and found an outlet for that negative energy to do something great in the wrestling world as adults,  and we should definiteley hold those negatives against them forever.

They are disliked by a great many not because of their childhood, nor because they win a lot, but because they act like poorly behaved 15 year old boys.  Compare their temperaments to Cael, Tom Ryan, John Smith, and every other D1 coach out there - except maybe Joe Dubuque.  They are absolutely at the bottom of the deportment game.    It is surprising that Iowa trusted their venerable Hawkeyes to the current group, but to some winning isn't everything, ......

12 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Forgiving guys for stupid antics from when they were teens? I can get behind that. Giving the keys to the Kingdom to a couple immature hotheads who think it's groovy to "inflict pain" on the mat: not so much.  Our sport is dangerous enough without such foolishness.

1 minute ago, TobusRex said:

Forgiving guys for stupid antics from when they were teens? I can get behind that. Giving the keys to the Kingdom to a couple immature hotheads who think it's groovy to "inflict pain" on the mat: not so much.  Our sport is dangerous enough without such foolishness.

So I can put you in the "Dave Schultz's Style Shouldn't Be Celebrated" camp?

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

So I can put you in the "Dave Schultz's Style Shouldn't Be Celebrated" camp?

I wasn't aware anybody handed Dave the keys to the Kingdom :D

I liked both Schultzes, but Mark was always my fave.

Edited by TobusRex

3 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Dave Schultz was famous for inflicting legal pain. Where is the outrage?

9 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

They are disliked by a great many not because of their childhood, nor because they win a lot, but because they act like poorly behaved 15 year old boys.  Compare their temperaments to Cael, Tom Ryan, John Smith, and every other D1 coach out there - except maybe Joe Dubuque.  They are absolutely at the bottom of the deportment game.    It is surprising that Iowa trusted their venerable Hawkeyes to the current group, but to some winning isn't everything, ......

Tom Ryan never raises his voice during a match, ever. Iowa just doesn't care about character.