Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aviator12

Bo Nickal

Recommended Posts

Anyone see the one armed, VIOLENT, left handed hip toss in which he threw Jackson Striggow to the mat like a rag doll in the first period of their match!??

Striggow isn’t exactly a small guy. That ‘noodle armed’ kid as many like to say has some serious Texas farm boy strength.... jeesh

I mentioned this in another thread....and this is coming from a giant Ohio State fan.... Nickal will major Moore this coming weekend, if not pin him.

Nickal is just on another level than anyone he competes against at the college level.

Moore is just too high volume offensively to not make a mistake, and one mistake against Nickal and it’s over.

Hope I’m wrong.

Edited by Aviator12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bo has always had that crazy explosive strength. Someone on the PSU board mentioned how he hopped onto the stage at Bryce Jordan. He does the same thing at NCAA's. I remember his first big collegiate dual as a starter he absolutely stoned VT's very highly ranked 174. Crazy athletic and crazy explosive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Bo has always had that crazy explosive strength. Someone on the PSU board mentioned how he hopped onto the stage at Bryce Jordan. He does the same thing at NCAA's. I remember his first big collegiate dual as a starter he absolutely stoned VT's very highly ranked 174. Crazy athletic and crazy explosive. 

yeah that W over Epperly was a huge indicator

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KTG119 said:

yeah that W over Epperly was a huge indicator

 

My memory is Eberly trying to hit Bo with a blast double, and it was a very committed shot with a lot of energy behind it, and Bo hits Eberly with his left side, the hip and that same arm he threw Striggow with. Stoned him on that shot. That really got my attention. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a 100% committed tOSU fan and see no way Moore prevails against Nickal.  Martin's athleticism always gave him a puncher's chance against Nickal, but Moore just doesn't bring that same dynamic to the table.  If Moore puts the pressure on with high volume shooting, it's inevitable that Nickal is going to catch him coming in one time and take Moore to his back.  Hope I am wrong in every way here though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I think everyone is underestimating Moore

Nickal May very well pin him, but Moore is game. I wouldn’t be shocked if he scored a takedown or two. 

I'm just not sure Moore is a great style match up against Nickal. He'll put himself in dangerous positions where he usually scores, but Nickal is one of the few guys at the upperweights that is dangerous there. I think a big, strong guy like Haught from last year would be a tougher match up for Bo. Schultz kept him pretty close and is a big, strong 197, but not as skilled. As you said, wouldn't be surprised if Moore takes him down, but I think he's eventually going to end up in a lot of trouble off his attacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Broomstick said:

I am a 100% committed tOSU fan and see no way Moore prevails against Nickal.  Martin's athleticism always gave him a puncher's chance against Nickal, but Moore just doesn't bring that same dynamic to the table.  If Moore puts the pressure on with high volume shooting, it's inevitable that Nickal is going to catch him coming in one time and take Moore to his back.  Hope I am wrong in every way here though.


I doubt Moore tries to be highly aggressive vs Bo. He knows who Bo is and knows what happens to guys that push the action against him. If Moore can get a takedown I bet he goes super conservative and tries to grind out a relatively low-scoring match.

As you noted Broomstick, Martin's athleticism is what gave him a "puncher's chance", but I've seen nothing from Moore to indicate he's as quick as Martin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 10:32 AM, Aviator12 said:

Anyone see the one armed, VIOLENT, left handed hip toss in which he threw Jackson Striggow to the mat like a rag doll in the first period of their match!??

Striggow isn’t exactly a small guy. That ‘noodle armed’ kid as many like to say has some serious Texas farm boy strength.... jeesh

I mentioned this in another thread....and this is coming from a giant Ohio State fan.... Nickal will major Moore this coming weekend, if not pin him.

Nickal is just on another level than anyone he competes against at the college level.

Moore is just too high volume offensively to not make a mistake, and one mistake against Nickal and it’s over.

Hope I’m wrong.

If you watch closely, you'll notice that Bo actually steps on Striggows far foot, preventing him from moving his feet to stay balanced. Easy to knock someone over when they cant move their feet. He also hit this on Traxler at the Scuffle I think. I'm not sure if it's legal. I know there was a lot of debate over the Yazdani foot step single that Snyder hits back in the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

It will be interesting to see what Moore's gameplan is, knowing that he might have 3 shots at Nickal. 

I say let it fly and let the chips fall where they may.  

Whenever I wrestled somebody that was a huge favorite over me I usually went into berserker mode, looking for cheap falls. I figured, hey, everybody thinks I'm gonna lose anyway, so why hold back? The Lateral Drop was quite the weapon in that situation.

Edited by TobusRex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Whenever I wrestled somebody that was a huge favorite over me I usually went into berserker mode, looking for cheap falls. I figured, hey, everybody thinks I'm gonna lose anyway, so why hold back? The Lateral Drop was quite the weapon in that situation.

Loudain Swain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea how this match will end up . Moore is machine like at times and seems possessed , other times not so much , almost like an entirely different wrestler on the mat ... and Bo is .... well he’s Bo . Probably the most dangerous, end your night guy,  in wrestling imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, muskyjunky said:

I have no idea how this match will end up . Moore is machine like at times and seems possessed , other times not so much , almost like an entirely different wrestler on the mat ... and Bo is .... well he’s Bo . Probably the most dangerous, end your night guy,  in wrestling imo.

 

Bo is fun as hell to watch. One of the things that I think is pretty cool is he pins his opponent, then HELPS THEM UP. Like the old sensei in a dojo knocking his student down then picking him up. And he pats them on the back, too :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moore’s only chance is to somehow get Nickal tired while at the same time be able to conserve some energy for a 3rd period onslaught.

The only way for he to win is to take advantage of Nickal’s dominance. He needs to hope Nickal falls into the Spencer Lee- 3rd period -wobbly leg syndrome from not getting out of most 1st periods ....due to said dominance over their opponents all year long.

Ya it’s not gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kgschalhoub said:

Bo Nickal made a size and dominance jump from last year. I believe his training with David Taylor as David prepared for the Worlds (Bo traveled with DT as his training partner) helped Bo make the leap in his game.

All Moore has is some Snyder guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×