Sign in to follow this  
Aviator12

Bo Nickal

Moore's only chance is to funk himself into a win doing something nuts. Maybe trying some throws, I was always quite fond of the standing headlock.Worst case scenario? Bo pins him quick, he gets off the mat early and can go home to play PS4. Best case scenario? Bo gets surprised, thrown, and pinned.

I give Moore 5% chance.

4 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Moore's only chance is to funk himself into a win doing something nuts. Maybe trying some throws, I was always quite fond of the standing headlock.Worst case scenario? Bo pins him quick, he gets off the mat early and can go home to play PS4. Best case scenario? Bo gets surprised, thrown, and pinned.

I give Moore 5% chance.

Kollin Moore tried to back out as fast as he could from an upper body throwing position against Kyle Conel and Conel just chased into him and decked him. He didn't look real comfortable there. 

2 hours ago, Crotalus said:

Yet Snyder has more NCAA championships and far more world level medals. DT remains the all-time champ of the message boards, though.

Taylor has a current medal, though, plus he is now owning consecutive wins over the consensus #2 in the world at his weight. Snyder has lost 2 consecutive on the world stage, and one to a guy nobody would ever have predicted he'd lose to. Different ways of looking at things. 

Also, the message board's all time loser to DT, Kyle dake, he has a current World Gold too. Se he's better than Snyder right now. Right now being the operative part. 

Finally. Snyder wrestles senior freestyle for how many years now and he still has no par terre.  He can't turn anyone. DT turns opponents almost at will. Taylor objectively is more skilled. 

Edited by TBar1977

17 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Apples and oranges. Taylor has always been in tougher weight classes than Snyder has.

Has he, though? 197 Snyder's freshman year was pretty damn tough. Then, he won his first title as a sophomore over a two-time champ that out weighed him by about 30 lbs. His senior year he had to beat out a behemoth in Coon that had him by about 50 lbs. DT's finals wins are over Brandon Hatchett (who?) and Tyler Caldwell, who would go on to get beat by a high school kid in freestyle. Of course his Junior year loss was to an all-time great, but his freshman year he lost to a guy he chased out of PSU.

I don't actually deny that DT is more skilled in folkstyle, but I don't think his weight classes were any tougher, other than having Dake one year.

Just now, Crotalus said:

Has he, though? 197 Snyder's freshman year was pretty damn tough. Then, he won his first title as a sophomore over a two-time champ that out weighed him by about 30 lbs. His senior year he had to beat out a behemoth in Coon that had him by about 50 lbs. DT's finals wins are over Brandon Hatchett (who?) and Tyler Caldwell, who would go on to get beat by a high school kid in freestyle. Of course his Junior year loss was to an all-time great, but his freshman year he lost to a guy he chased out of PSU.

I don't actually deny that DT is more skilled in folkstyle, but I don't think his weight classes were any tougher, other than having Dake one year.

You may have a valid point regarding the cream of the crop of their respective weights. Gwiz is great, Coon is very very good and Medbery was pretty tough. But top to bottom I bet you Taylor's opponents were more technically skilled than Snyder's. 

I'm just saying unless guys are in the same weight class against the same competition that it's impossible to make a real accurate comparison of who is greater.

12 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

But top to bottom I bet you Taylor's opponents were more technically skilled than Snyder's. 

Undoubtedly true, but when we are talking about DT and Snyder, only the cream of the crop are even the conversation, so the fact that the 8th place guy at 157/165 is more skilled than the 8th place guy at Hwy is kind of irrelevant.

And you may be right about the comparisons, but claiming DT was ten folder better (not your words) is a bit ridiculous when Snyder has more golds on his shelf and did so against some very tough competition.

Edited by Crotalus

57 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Apples and oranges. Taylor has always been in tougher weight classes than Snyder has.

Who did Synder beat for his first NCAA title?     Who did Synder beat for his last world title?    Synder has a better title win in both styles, kind of the opposite of "always"  

3 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Who did Synder beat for his first NCAA title?     Who did Synder beat for his last world title?    Synder has a better title win in both styles, kind of the opposite of "always"  

1 wrestler does not make a weight class.

27 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

You may have a valid point regarding the cream of the crop of their respective weights. Gwiz is great, Coon is very very good and Medbery was pretty tough. But top to bottom I bet you Taylor's opponents were more technically skilled than Snyder's. 

I'm just saying unless guys are in the same weight class against the same competition that it's impossible to make a real accurate comparison of who is greater.

The only year that Snyder didn't win it, I would say that weight class was considerably deeper and stronger than any DT had.

2015-197lb NCAA's:

1st-Gadson-If not for a major shoulder injury that knocked him out his RSFR season, most likely a 4x AA.  Still, he finished 6,4,1.

2nd-Snyder-2,1,1,1

3rd-McIntosh-Another that most likely would have been a 4xer if not for wrestling up a weight as a TF to help the team.  He would finish (1-2),7,3,2

4th-Schiller-Another that most likely would have been a 4xer if not for sitting behind RS Senior(3xAA) Yohn as a RSFR.  Schiller would finish 5,3,4.

5th-J'den Cox-This would be the ONLY year he didn't win NCAA's.  He finished 1,5,1,1.

6th-Hartmann-Missed 2 months due to injury as a RSFR, qualifying but not winning a match.  After that, 5,6,7.

7th-Burak-Yet another 3x AA finishing R12,8,7,4.

8th-Huntley-Suffered a slew of injuries, which inevitably gained him a 6th year only to have injuries derail that final season.  This was the only year he AA'd.

The bracket also had Studebaker, Jake Smith, Wellington, McCall and a young Jared Haught.

Not exactly a walk in the park for a True Freshman.......

We're talking about Taylor vs. Snyder as training partners, so head-to-head is a better comparison. I doubt anyone thinks Taylor beats Snyder head-to-head. Taylor has great technique, but can't match Snyder's size and strength.

Having said that, Moore trained with Snyder last year and regressed. In summary, I have nothing to add.