Any insight on whether or not Cassar is going to get a 6th year of eligibility? After the Parris match I came away thinking he might be the most entertaining wrestler to watch right now. That freight-train double was unbelievable. I really hope he gets another year.

3 minutes ago, Erminio8 said:

Any insight on whether or not Cassar is going to get a 6th year of eligibility? After the Parris match I came away thinking he might be the most entertaining wrestler to watch right now. That freight-train double was unbelievable. I really hope he gets another year.

Is he out for the season ?  Why would he get a 6th year if he wrestled 18 matches this year?

Just now, ionel said:

Is he out for the season ?  Why would he get a 6th year if he wrestled 18 matches this year?

Not based on this year. Based on previous years he didn't wrestle at all due to severe shoulder injuries.

Just now, wrestlingnerd said:

Most improved PSU wrestler? He gets my vote. 

From last year to this year?  Or since they've been at PSU?  From last year to now, I would say RBY. :)

I feel like that's outside of what you're talking about, though.  I'm not sure.  He's made to look better by jumping up the weight, and he did beat Kollin Moore last year.  I think that's probably the right answer.

125:  Nope

133:  See above

141:  Lee looks like the same guy

149:  Neither guy impressive, plus similar to RBY

157:  Nolf

165:  Cenzo

174:  Hall

184:  Shakur (the other candidate)

197:  Bo

HW:  Cassar

Just now, Frank_Rizzo said:

While we're on the topic, did he get a gold chain tattooed around his neck?  I've never seen anything like that before!  

His kid sister put that temporary tatoo on him. Its called a flash tat.

7 minutes ago, Frank_Rizzo said:

While we're on the topic, did he get a gold chain tattooed around his neck?  I've never seen anything like that before!  

I saw that too. He also had a gold band around his arm. Seemed like they were painted on. Didn't look like a real tattoo. But I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, Erminio8 said:

I saw that too. He also had a gold band around his arm. Seemed like they were painted on. Didn't look like a real tattoo. But I could be wrong.

It was a temporary tatoo. His kid sister had them and wanted him to wear them. 

1 hour ago, Erminio8 said:

I would say the odds are very good he gets it.  Rasheed is the one that is questionable at best.

Edited by MSU158

I always understood the 6th year as something you can’t apply for until after you’ve already used all your eligibility. Then they can go back and give you one more. 

After watching him against Parris, I would not be surprised if he beats Gable at least once either at BigTens or NCAAs. 

3 hours ago, gopher_fan_90 said:

I always understood the 6th year as something you can’t apply for until after you’ve already used all your eligibility. Then they can go back and give you one more. 

After watching him against Parris, I would not be surprised if he beats Gable at least once either at BigTens or NCAAs. 

Go back and rewatch his match against Derek White, it will put your mind at ease.

5 hours ago, WF89 said:

Go back and rewatch his match against Derek White, it will put your mind at ease.

Even with that match being close, and Gable controlling Derek White back in December I think Cassar is still a threat. The key IMO will be if Cassar is able to get a feel for Gable at Big Tens. Obviously Gable is still the favorite and who I am cheering for.