Sign in to follow this  
Kentucky_Mudflap

Hawk Talk from Mudflap Stollhouse is a Crispy Critter Gents

Hombres if  its better to burn out than to fade then Stollhouse is in tall cotton hes a crispy critter out there all bunged up Jensen turned him out and Jensen aint a reel heavy he aint **** got ridden for 4 minutes and wasnt close to getting a takedown watch him burn gents the Voice of Wrestling told you gents run Stollhouse off and wrestle Cass and Tommy would do better if he listened to his Uncle Mudflap but hes dead set on another 4th place finish.

Gents Desantio hes a reel pickup heart of a tiger reel tough aint gonna take no **** of no one seems like he could be one of my pups got some fite in him and liked the way he was mocking my close personal friend Manning good for wrestling hombres mayhap I was traveling up there to Penn 20 years ago and got reel close with his Ma reel proud of the kid.

Otherwise gents its a Iowa team reel defensive like tie you up and try to push you around and wear you out and score a takedown late thats trouble friends but when you aim for 4th then thems the brakes.

I don’t think the Jensen loss is a sign to abandon ship on Stoll just yet. Jensen also recently knocked off returning AA Hemida of Maryland. Stoll has over a month til tournament time to improve his health/conditioning/confidence, and none of the other guys in the national title conversation want him in their quarterfinal.

Edited by Underhook
Spelling

10 hours ago, Underhook said:

I don’t think the Jensen loss is a sign to abandon ship on Stoll just yet. Jensen also recently knocked off returning AA Hemida of Maryland. Stoll has over a month til tournament time to improve his health/conditioning/confidence, and none of the other guys in the national title conversation want him in their quarterfinal.

Fake news. Jensen lost to Hemida (8-6) in their mid-Jan dual.

10 hours ago, Underhook said:

I'm not sure if I'd agree with that. In three seasons Stoll has had two season ending injuries and one 5th place finish. I don't think anybody in the title conversation is any more worried about Stoll than they are about anybody else ranked in the top eight. Especially now that Jensen has shown how to beat him. I'd bet he reaches the quarterfinals but I'm not sure if he'll make it out of them. 

15 minutes ago, ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying said:

I'm not sure if I'd agree with that. In three seasons Stoll has had two season ending injuries and one 5th place finish. I don't think anybody in the title conversation is any more worried about Stoll than they are about anybody else ranked in the top eight. Especially now that Jensen has shown how to beat him. I'd bet he reaches the quarterfinals but I'm not sure if he'll make it out of them. 

Eh.  Disagree.  Stoll is an awkward match up in general just due to size/strength and his Greco-based style.  It's going to cause problems for a lot of people, more so than some of the other more traditional-style wrestlers.

17 hours ago, Peso said:

Makes sense to me.  One thing though, he's a bad mofo.  Anyone says they want to wrestle him is foolish.  

Who, Stoll? I'm 53, in terrible condition, and I'm 3/4's convinced I could've given Jennings a better match than Stoll.

9 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Eh.  Disagree.  Stoll is an awkward match up in general just due to size/strength and his Greco-based style.  It's going to cause problems for a lot of people, more so than some of the other more traditional-style wrestlers.

Which is why I think he's going to make the quarterfinals. He's still Stoll even with barely functional knees and he's probably going to get pins in the first two rounds. But I think once he reaches guys who are strong enough that he can't just overwhelm them he's going to run in to trouble. If he beats White in Stillwater I'll change my mind on this but I think he's going to either duck White or take a loss. 

11 hours ago, Underhook said:

Stoll looked terrible to me. I was shocked at how inactive Stoll was, just laying on the mat like a beached whale. That's the first time I've seen a guy give up stalling points at HWT this year for failing to get off bottom. I can't see Stoll placing at NCAAs if he wrestles anything like that.

Stoll is looking like an 8-9 seed at NCAAs.

I'm guessing that Steveson is just fine with Stall er... Stoll being in is quarter.

Stoll really needs a quality win at some point this year.

The new Iowa style of ducking is going to have Stoll in the same quarter as Steveson at both the B1Gs and NCAAs.

It really is sad when it's more surprising when Iowa puts their starters on the mat as opposed to chit-show TnT is putting out there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Stoll literally just beat the ever loving crap out of ranked Conan Jennings last week.  He struggled on bottom this week, and he has knee issues.  If Stoll just chooses neutral or top, you're likely thinking of match completely differently.

Stoll literally just beat the ever loving crap out of ranked Conan Jennings last week.  He struggled on bottom this week, and he has knee issues.  If Stoll just chooses neutral or top, you're likely thinking of match completely differently.
Does this count as a quality win?

1 hour ago, squeek said:

Does this count as a quality win?

Beating the 15th ranked wrestler (by Flo) so bad the match was early terminated?  Yes.  I know technically it was an INJ DEF, but it was about to be a stall out, anyway.

Stoll has always struggled with leg riders. In fact, Jensen's older brother gave him lots of problems with the same ride. I wouldn't look too much into this considering most heavies don't ride legs and aren't going to start just because of Stoll. I also noticed that his giant knee brace made it very difficult from him to free his leg once Jensen got it in. Regardless, I think Stoll is who most of us thought he was before the match. Not 100%, but still a good enough handfighter and rider to make things interesting with the top guys. I would put his ceiling at the bottom half of the stand, but it will largely depend on his draw. If he runs into a more mobile/funky wrestler like Jensen he will be in trouble.

20 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Beating the 15th ranked wrestler (by Flo) so bad the match was early terminated?  Yes.  I know technically it was an INJ DEF, but it was about to be a stall out, anyway.

He was actually about to pin him. Jennings called injury time as his shoulders hit the mat after stoll cranked him over with a hammerlock.

2 hours ago, iGranby said:

I think Hilger will get at least 1 win over Stoll this season. 

Stoll will struggle against Hilger if he has to choose bottom. Similar to Jensen, Hilger is brutal on top.