gromit

Pat Downey "Uncut" interview

3 hours ago, jammen said:

That will be the day when he owns up to his "mistakes" at Nebraska.

Says the guy who obviously didn’t watch the interview...

6 minutes ago, justafan said:

He said Nebraska was his fault he didn't blame anyone 

Exactly

17 minutes ago, justafan said:

It's about him becoming a man and admitting his faults.So many people these days won't look in the mirror because they're busy looking around for someone to blame.

yeah thats the person you guys are falling all over yourselves to compliment. Do you think this guy was taking taking responsibility for his actions while getting run out of 3 d1 universities?

Edited by hammerlockthree

He said drinking and  extra curricular activities I think we all know what that is.So you wanted him to say I failed a test? He didn't have to do that for me to understand what he was doing with the extra curricular comment and he was living with a guy in a band 

Edited by justafan

This guy has had HUNDREDS of people between his 4 college programs work really hard to give him an avenue to success....he blew all that off.

Despite hoping he does great, I am not loving him up for merely admitting he floats around abusing his talent.

Edited by hammerlockthree

8 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

This guy has had HUNDREDS of people between his 4 college programs work really hard to give him an avenue to success....he blew all that off.

Despite hoping he does great, I am not loving him up for merely admitting he floats around abusing his talent.

For real. Look at the clip Flo posted about 'why he never suited up for Iowa' 

That's not a guy who is owning up to his mistakes. Interesting interview, sure. Train wrecks often are. Still hope the best for him but it's safe to say he hasn't learned much. 

Edited by ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

At first I thought that this was a great interview. But I was wrong. It's really a piece of crap and shows why Flo is not credible as a source of journalism. There may be cases where there is value to publishing an interview (whether a transcript or a video/audiotape) without more. For example, when the president gives an interview, that can be published without comment (all while knowing that many others will add context or call him on any false statements). But while many of us know that Downey has had multiple run-ins with both the law and team coaches, few of us know (certainly I do not know) the details of what he did, what he was accused of doing, how he was charged  and how he was disciplined by his coaches. For Flo to publish his interview where he apologizes but, at the same time, appears baffled by the fact that he was dismissed by Iowa State and then by Iowa without saying anything about what (the police, his coaches, school administrators) claimed he did is irresponsible at best. 

I really don't know if Downey was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, if he was lucky to get off with just one conviction, if ISU had good reason to cut him, if Brands was right to send him packing. But for Flo to just give his side without even challenging him by asking questions is garbage journalism. 

Flo provides a service by posting match videos and technique videos. Maybe it should just stick to that.