WI State Champ out of states for 2 unsportsmanlikes

3 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Sure it was a TRO, but you don't get a TRO just for asking. The judge must find that there is at least some merit to the claim.

Or he took the easy way out  until they figure it out.  Seriously,  I guess the consensus from people in the know? ...that WIAA has a lack of appeal process and this provision may give them some more time...due to the 1 week time frame.

5 minutes ago, tbert said:

Or he took the easy way out  until they figure it out.  Seriously,  I guess the consensus from people in the know? ...that WIAA has a lack of appeal process and this provision may give them some more time...due to the 1 week time frame.

Seriously?  For the judge, the easy way is tell the kid to go pound sand and it is over.

5 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Seriously?  For the judge, the easy way is tell the kid to go pound sand and it is over.

Easy tiger, it was sarcasm with some truth to it,  hence the " Seriously " right after it.  

Just saw this article from last year:

http://myracinecounty.com/?p=28777

It says he was penalized for it then specifically for doing it in the direction of an opponent’s fans.  So it certainly seems likely (based on other evidence as well) that that is what he was doing here as well.  So unless that was the same ref (I’m assuming not since if it was I’m sure we’d have heard about that), then it’s not like we have 1 rogue ref here, and kills the argument that “no one ever gets penalized for flexing!!!1!!11!!”

40 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Because I would think a Section is smaller than a Region.  PA for example even has Districts in between the 2

Illinois also has Regionals lower than Sectionals.  I guess life exists beyond PA!

Edited by jchapman

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

Illinois also has Regionals lower than Sectionals.  I guess life exists beyond PA!

Indiana also has Sectionals lower than Regionals.  But they have "semi-states" which sounds kinda silly too.

Edited by 1032004

1 hour ago, gromit said:

did he flex afterward?

Nope...was well behaved...  

Hope his old man has more money because WIAA appealed the decision of a judge (with two misconducts of his own) over ruling a mat official.

Lol your appeal to authority funny, man.

Halter's coach found loophole in the rulebook. WIAA appeal focuses on the kid's ""behavior"" but by WIAA's own terms the kid has served his punishment.

Smear the judge all you like. Blame goes to WIAA.

Edited by jon