Sign in to follow this  
simm

Sultan khasimikov?

Hi. New member from England here.

Just a quick question. What are people's opinions of sultan khasimikov from Russia/Chechnya?

He wrestled during the late 70s/80s.

Wrestled the likes of Bruce baumgartner who himself has rated khasimikov as the best heavyweight Olympic wrestler ever!

He just seemed to have a long bout of bad luck, not able to compete in Olympic games.

What are your opinions of who was the best based not only on Olympic medals as I see world's just as important.

Taymazov, medved, Snyder, akgul, baumgartner, khasimikov, makhov?

Like to hear opinions.

Thanks

Was it injuries or Andiev (or as the Russians pronounced it cheering- An-da-OOOF!) We saw him a couple times and it seemed like he couldn't be touched. A block of granite picking guys up and doing helicopter spins with them.

Of the wrestlers you named, Medved is the greatest.

Snyder will go down as one of the best American wrestlers ever, but his 2018 worlds loss to Sadulaev is probably going to prevent him from ever surpassing John Smith as the greatest American wrestler. It'll be interesting to see how Snyder and Sadulaev match up in the future.

Thanks for the replies. 

It's very interesting hearing from people who actually saw khasimikov as you can't dismiss what the eyes see.

Medved goes down as the best because of medals collected and titles plus moving up weight classes.

Khasimikov just had a run of bad luck.

Also there was an Iranian wrestler who medved lost to on 2 occasions and he also beat Ivan yarygin medved protégé. So that in itself shows medved wasn't actually the best.

The village in Chechnya where khasimikov is from was another wrestler who beat khasimikov. They both started out as light heavyweight weights too so had speed on their side.

Ok. I'll try to get this right.

Khasimikov beat soslan andiev in 1975 the year before andiev won Olympics. Khasimikov got an injury. Broken leg if I'm right. Each major championship he received injury or for political reasons could not enter Olympics ect yet he beat all domestic world and Olympic champions with ease I've read. 

Bruce baumgartner said he is the best heavyweight in history and he got manhandled by him. Khasimikov himself said he is the unluckiest wrestler ever.

2 mile run in a ploughed field followed by 500lb squats and 30 consecutive pull-ups.

He was built like a bull and moved like a boxer it says in the statement I read 

50 minutes ago, Katie said:

Here's a video of Khasimikov and Bruce wrestling in 1983. I'd say Bruce looks like the taller athlete. (Bruce is in blue.)

No offense to TS, but I am not watching the best wrestler of all time anywhere in this video.  Not even close.