Sign in to follow this  
HurricaneWrestling2

High School Wrestler Attacks Coach...Brawl Ensues...

i go to touneys all over this country and have for years... the only time i have seen **** even close to that was at tulsa... and that is little more than  youth tourney...

the sky is not falling, people...

Barnesville, Ohio; High School 1988.  Some tournament. 

Whistles blows.  Match over.  Wrestler,  'jumps' at Ref.  Coach, 'jumps' at wrestler.  Cop, 'jumps' at Coach.  Fan, 'jumps' at cop.  They all went to the principals office and it was settled.  

16 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

What a lawless society-things are going downhill. Can’t believe somebody would post HS wrestling news in the college section. What is the world coming to. 

Hey, shut your mouth over there, Bub, or I'll shut it for you!!

You WERE a 125 pounder, right?

8 hours ago, Zebra said:

So if anybody wants to know why (refs and coaches) we need to control things, here's your answer. 

Who's saying that coaches and refs don't need to be in control of things?

Ignore, justify, rationalize all you want but behavior is getting worse.  Encouraging the antics at the college level has an effect; couple that with the rabid idiocy of parents and coaches seen at youth meets and you'll see more of this.  At least we're not in Dagestan, where guns would have been drawn.  At least not yet.

Edited by Coach_J
grammar

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

Don't lose sight of the fact that even in this match, the wrestler was not hit with two UC back-to-back. Perspective.

No he was hit with a flagrant misconduct which is an automatic DQ, a much more severe penalty. Just to keep it in perspective. 

18 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

What distinguishing consequences make it more severe?

Certain things are obvious, fighting for example, intentionally attempting to injure an opponent by hammer fisting the back of their head, etc. It can get a bit "fuzzy" in some cases and just like UC there can be element of referee's discretion. Here are a couple examples.  

I was reffing in a "national" event and a kid in the 15U age group was getting a bit out of control by punching / slapping his opponent when he would tie-up. Mind you this was not just a hard tie but a clear punch. I verbally warned him and his dad the first time then hit him for UC the second time. He kept doing it so I had the choice to either UC over and over again until he was DQd from that match but that could have lead to an injury and still stay in the tournament where he might do it to someone else. I chose flagrant misconduct because it was a clear and intentional violation of the rules. Now I would have been within my rights as a ref to FM him the first time but chose to verbally warn him because people spend a lot of money traveling to these types of events. I used my discretion but the wrestler continued to violate the rules so I upped the penalty with each infraction.  

In the other thread I mentioned about the PA wrestler he got hit several times for a rule infraction and lost the match. He was clearly upset by the situation and after the match was over said some very choice words to the official and got hit with flagrant misconduct. In that particular case there were no other penalty options as it was the state finals.     

2 minutes ago, simple said:

You only verbally warned someone for a clear punch? You’re exaggerating or you’re a terrible ref.

It was open handed not a closed fist. Had it in fact been a closed fist it would have been an instant FM. That is why in the first mention I said punching / slapping. For the sake of grammar I did not repeat that description but wanted to highlight the fact it was clearly not just a hard tie-up. I could have made that point a bit more clear but then the post would have moved into novella territory.  

13 hours ago, Jasonmitchell32 said:

Unfortunately this is what's happening to the wrestling 'community'. Turning into the biggest meathead MMA wannabe gatherings. Just go to few big youth tourneys and you'll see. It disgusts me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Are all of them wearing Affliction t-shirts?

I run a tournament every year at my high school.  We allow challenge matches between anyone that wants to get after it (parents, coaches, siblings, etc).  20 bucks (non refundable) per competitor, per match, and we provide a ref and the mat.  You pick rules, style, period length.  If these unoriginal clowns in Arizona had used the challenge mat concept, they'd have been able to settle it like men.