WF89

Connor Brown

I shared what was posted on The Guillotine to Wisconsin’s forums. As a thank you they deleted my account and removed one of the threads discussing the matter. Seems weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some scuttle butt surfacing on the WI wrestling forum suggesting that Brown is leaving the team; thus far all acknowledged rumors by the posters. The fact is that Brown has missed a handful of recent meets and WI took a replacement guy out of redshirt at 125. Everything else has been speculation...but other than the official line that Brown has missed some meets due to injury, silence from the WI coaching staff on the matter.

As I understand it - there would not be a "destination" for wrestling, at least. I think NCAA transfer rules allow for a single transfer without loss of eligibility (which was Brown's transfer from SDSU to WI). The next qualifying transfer could only come via a graduate student transfer - which he is not. I am under the impression that Seth Gross is looking at a similar deal with his injury this year. Maybe someone with better knowledge of the details can step in and clear this up on this thread.

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

he's listed as a Soph.

he could transfer to another school, sit his JR year, and wrestle as a SR.

He hasn’t redshirted, how does that factor into it?

honestly i'm not an expert on that subject. someone else on here can probably speak on it more definitively, but I THINK, he'd still lose a year of eligibility. 

(that being said, it seems the NCAA is soft on these rules lately. if he claimed some sort of hardship, maybe the ncaa wouldn't hit him w/ it)

Edited by Husker_Du

Bono addressed the Brown rumors in post match interview. He said Brown has taken a leave of absence from the team for personal reasons. Stayed there is a possibility he could return to WI in the future.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:40 PM, grappler6 said:

I shared what was posted on The Guillotine to Wisconsin’s forums. As a thank you they deleted my account and removed one of the threads discussing the matter. Seems weird.

They deleted your account because you wear the wrong laundry. Take your avatar and turn it upside down so the M looks like a W and they might reinstate. 

Brown's name has now been removed from the official WI roster. No idea as to the implications, but it would seem that he is at least done for the season. Certainly a disappointment for the Badgers who were expecting him to challenge for a place on the podium, but also more curious because Brown followed Bono from SDSU to WI. Things are pretty tight around Badger-Land on the topic. In a recent video clip, Bono did acknowledge that Brown was taking a "leave of absence" from the program. Guess we'll see eventually.