Sign in to follow this  
Dwight13

Coaching Carousal for 2019

2 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Pretty sure there will be an opening for HC at the University of Iowa.

Just tweaking the Brand's fans :D

When they decide to make the move, will the hire 2 head coaches to replace their current 2 head coaches?

Well, I do think that someone will offer Mark Perry a head coaching job. And maybe someone already has, and maybe Mark is just waiting on the right job. That is of course assuming that he does not want to stay at HWC forever, or for an extended period of years.

As far as Lou Roselli is concerned, I hope that they give him a few more years to make that program more successful. 

I’d say Maryland. I like McCoy as a person, but come on. He has Big10 resources and his team is terrible. He isn’t a good recruiter, and even when he does land recruits, they tend to not pan out. 

Mom sure he is an excellent technician but he doesn’t seem to be the best head coach at this level. 

Chandler at Michigan State -- With all the changes that have occurred amidst the scandal there, maybe the new administration will make a coaching change to spark some life into the program.

Zalesky at Oregon State -- Zeke has made major strides at ASU that has the beavers dropping farther back. He needs a major recruiting boost to improve.

Possible names for replacement (If they are interested): Reader, Spates, Pritzlaff, Jaggers, Nickerson, Branch, Ayres

I know they don't get the publicity of the B10, B12 but some of the teams that seem to be declining or underperforming who once produced at least 2-3 top notch individuals are Bloomsburg Hofstra Binghamton Sacred Heart F&M also the Ivy's like Harvard, Columbia Brown all have to be seeing what's going on at Princeton and the leaps they've taken...

10 hours ago, de4856 said:

Well, I do think that someone will offer Mark Perry a head coaching job. And maybe someone already has, and maybe Mark is just waiting on the right job. That is of course assuming that he does not want to stay at HWC forever, or for an extended period of years.

As far as Lou Roselli is concerned, I hope that they give him a few more years to make that program more successful. 

I don't know why any school would make Mark Perry coach. He'd just jump to another team the next year, or the year after. He's mercenary with no loyalty.

59 minutes ago, --Wolv-- said:

Chandler at Michigan State -- With all the changes that have occurred amidst the scandal there, maybe the new administration will make a coaching change to spark some life into the program.

Zalesky at Oregon State -- Zeke has made major strides at ASU that has the beavers dropping farther back. He needs a major recruiting boost to improve.

Possible names for replacement (If they are interested): Reader, Spates, Pritzlaff, Jaggers, Nickerson, Branch, Ayres

What has Nickerson done?  

1 hour ago, justafan said:

McCoy name comes up every year eventually one of these years he's gonna go.Reader would be a great fit for Maryland.

He does. No idea why Maryland keeps him around. 

I’ve been to duals there. Nobody shows up, even when they wrestle good teams. They perpetually underperform. 

There is so much potential. MD wrestling is improving, plus they can pull from VA just down the street. They have an insane amount of resources, they are in the best conference, and should at least be competitive. 

Thry occassionally have a good wrestler or two, but their lineup is often half full of guys with losing records. I get it from a small school - D1 is hard. Maryland? Come on. 

There are a dozen coaches who could get them into the top 25. 

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

I don't know why any school would make Mark Perry coach. He'd just jump to another team the next year, or the year after. He's mercenary with no loyalty.

That’s exactly what people used to say about Kolat and look what he has done at Campbell...seems pretty grounded now.

Why would Perry leave HWC?  He is making D1 head coach 6 figure money with a fraction of the headaches and travel.  Same reason Guerrero is at Oklahoma now.

Varner will be in the discussion for any big opening.

Well TobusRex, Obviously I don't know mark Perry personally. So I have no real insight to his mindset. I was operations under the belief that while Mark was at Illinois, he may have thought that he was going to take over as head coach at some point. So when he left to go to HWC, I thought that perhaps it was due to the fact that he wasn't going to get the Head Coaching position. As far as going to HWC, well, he is a former Hawkeye, so maybe there is some feeling of loyalty there. But as I said from the onset of this, I don't know the man, so all of this is pure conjecture on my part. 

As far as Varner is concerned, I do think that when he's ready, I am sure he will be highly sought after. But speaking of Penn St. I am kind of surprised that Casey Cunningham hasn't been lured away. 

But I guess for some, a lot of coaching has to do with finding the right situation and environment. It might be why some people "float around," for a while before they find a spot and settle down. 

9 hours ago, Housebuye said:

There is so much potential. MD wrestling is improving, plus they can pull from VA just down the street. 

Sadly VA has not been exactly crushing it in terms of recent D1 AAs. I do wonder if he even went after Turley (Rutgers) or Birchmeier (Navy) from this years class.