red blades

Princeton vs. Cornell

197 - That match goes another 5 seconds and Brucki pulls it out. I would certainly favor him in a re match.

125 - Wow. Aurujau totally dismantled Glory. What a beat down that was. I think he will give Rivera and Lee all they can handle, and he might be able to take either of them. His skill set is close enough that if he takes Lee to the 3rd period and he is within a point or two I would like his chances. 

141 - Yianni. I think the best chance for anyone to beat Yianni is to survive the first period. Wrestle at a very high pace and hope the match is within reach in the third period and beat him with pace. Not saying this will work, but its probably the only chance. 

15 hours ago, Oskar said:

Vito's got to be incredible tough to wrestle.  His length and speed - don't see that very often.

I can only think of Nick Simmons as a close example, just a lot faster, less choking of the opponent, maybe not as curiously strong as Simmons.

7 minutes ago, scribe said:

I can only think of Nick Simmons as a close example, just a lot faster, less choking of the opponent, maybe not as curiously strong as Simmons.

Nick Simmons wrestled a lot from one knee. always thought Nick Piccininni reminds me of him.

Edited by Sublime607

6 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I don’t think anyone doubts this. A bunch of us have been saying Cornell is a podium threat and to ignore their early season results. 

Great time to be a Cornell fan knowing what’s returning the next 2 years.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

197 - That match goes another 5 seconds and Brucki pulls it out. I would certainly favor him in a re match.

125 - Wow. Aurujau totally dismantled Glory. What a beat down that was. I think he will give Rivera and Lee all they can handle, and he might be able to take either of them. His skill set is close enough that if he takes Lee to the 3rd period and he is within a point or two I would like his chances. 

141 - Yianni. I think the best chance for anyone to beat Yianni is to survive the first period. Wrestle at a very high pace and hope the match is within reach in the third period and beat him with pace. Not saying this will work, but its probably the only chance. 

Honis’s biggest win ever towards the end of his senior season bodes well for him! His seed has dramatically improved now. They will see each other again in a few weeks most likely. 

Vito absolutely can beat Spencer. Hard to pick because arujao has had some issues on bottom (nothing too bad, but against Spencer you have to be perfect). His pace is going to going Spencer issues though unless Spencer has figured that out. Can’t wait. 

Yianni at NCAAs last year showed he is a next level 3rd period wrestler. I actually think the opposite - you have to get a big enough lead in the first two periods to stop 1 or 2 takedowns in the 3rd imo. He wrestles McKenna soon. I think after that much he will be a heavy favorite to repeat. 

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

Yianni at NCAAs last year showed he is a next level 3rd period wrestler. I actually think the opposite - you have to get a big enough lead in the first two periods to stop 1 or 2 takedowns in the 3rd imo. He wrestles McKenna soon. I think after that much he will be a heavy favorite to repeat. 

I can be wrong here and I'm not going to go look for the videos but think the matches at last year's NCAA's where Yianni made come backs in both matches were slower tactical matches. So perhaps there is more gas left in the tank at the end to make those comebacks. Just spit balling here because he doesn't really seem to have any weaknesses and you are spot on that Yianni is a great, great talent. 

WOW, Vito TOTALLY destroyed Glory! Spencer Lee better be on top of his game in March. Rivera (who already beat Lee, Bresser (who already beat Lee), Jack Mueller (looking awesome since dropping from 133), Piccinnni (who Lee beat - but it may be different this year), and now this guy Vito Arujua.  Mr Lee better be 100% if he wants to beat anyone of these guys.

Honis’s biggest win ever towards the end of his senior season bodes well for him! His seed has dramatically improved now. They will see each other again in a few weeks most likely. 

I don’t see much of an impact on his post-season seed. He held on to avoid a reversal in the final seconds in his home gym. Brucki will destroy him at EIWA and negate any effect of the dual win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

I don’t see much of an impact on his post-season seed. He held on to avoid a reversal in the final seconds in his home gym. Brucki will destroy him at EIWA and negate any effect of the dual win.

Why didn't he destroy him yesterday when Cornell's Ivy streak was still on the line?  Wasn't he trying to win?  Is there something wrong with avoiding a reversal at the end of a match to ensure a victory?

And is that video pirated, or did ESPN+ for some reason make the video available for free?

3 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Yep. Brucki wasn't trying - its all a setup so he can get him at the EIWAs.  Those Princeton guys really have next levels tactics, I can't believe Honis took the bait!!

3 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Well, in any case - Honis just locked up the #1 seed going into the conference tournament.  If he meets Brucki there, it'll most likely be in the finals.

5 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Must be something in the Bethlehem water that causes such as this.