hammerlockthree

Official List: Who is taking Moore over Nickal?

And if Moore beats Nickal, neither should you.  

I won’t. I promise. Will others that pick Moore do the same?

Will the non tOSU fans picking a Moore please reveal yourselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Buckeye Media Day quotes, Moore consulted Myles Martin on how to beat Bo Nickal. 

“We’ve talked about the underhook position a little bit, just because he’s felt him and I’ve never felt Bo before,” Moore said. “But me and Myles wrestle so much differently ... so I haven’t asked him too much, because his tactics going into the match might be completely different from what I want to do.”

Someone asked Bo Nickal about the crowd noise. For Nickal, a seasoned senior, a little noise doesn’t bother him.

“Trying to tune it out won’t really work, just because it’s a big atmosphere, and tuning it won’t really be effective,” he said. “So just embrace it.”

Nickal reminds me of Askren in Askren's last two years of college.  He doesn't cut much (if any) weight, pins at record-setting pace and I feel bad for his opponents because I have already made up my mind they have no chance. 

6 minutes ago, Pennsy Kraken said:

Moore takes the cheese and gets caught in the mouse trap. Nickal with some sort of MMA sh!t he's been scheming up just for this match. Jim Gibbons told me so and therefore it's true

I heard Bo is bringing his hips to this party!

12 minutes ago, Pennsy Kraken said:

Moore takes the cheese and gets caught in the mouse trap. Nickal with some sort of MMA sh!t he's been scheming up just for this match. Jim Gibbons told me so and therefore it's true

Check with Chertow - he has the skinny on the Over/Under for all Emperors. 

4 hours ago, pish6969 said:

Moore won’t beat Bo and anyone that would predict Moore over Bo is either a huge tOSU fan or someone hoping to be right so they can say they picked it.

Everyone that picked Moore in this thread has a poor history of picking winners. So I’ll leave it at that

To be fair.. If I was a tOSU fan, I’d pick Moore as well (why root against my guy). But any non tOSU fans picking Moore should be not allowed to make picks anymore

Its easy to always pick the favorite, but what fun is that

Its easy to always pick the favorite, but what fun is that

I picked Nick Lee last week to beat higher ranked Storr.

Just saying. If you’re going to pick the underdog, that’s fine. But at least have some data points of why.

Unless you a fan of tOSU there are no data points that Moore would beat Bo. Hell he lost to Cassar last year and I think everyone knows what Bo would do to Anthony if they were at the same weight.

I think Moore has a good shot at beating Nickal if he stays away from upper-body stuff. 

He’s got all of the skills necessary to slow the match down and make it a very tactical positioning duel. 

The big question is whether or not he’s got the will to stick to a disciplined game plan, knowing that while doing so, the match will likely be won by a single point. This type of match requires a full 7 minutes of discipline and focus, and that’s hard for anyone to do. 

4 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

We need to jettison this garbage about Moore needing his own special weight class to make wrestling fair.....

It wasn't about making it fair.  I am not a fan of changing the weights or adding one.  I was just pointing out Moore's situation relative to "perceived" regression.  I absolutely do not believe his skills or abilities have regressed.  His body has simply outgrown 197 and wrestling sucked out on 2 hourish weigh-ins SUCKS!!

How brave of you.  

Appreciate you acknowledging my bravery!

Listen I’m not naive. Upsets happen all the time. But there’s too many posters that pick crap picks week in and week out just to pick the underdog.

Pick whoever you think will win but have some thought behind it

3 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

Appreciate you acknowledging my bravery!

Listen I’m not naive. Upsets happen all the time. But there’s too many posters that pick crap picks week in and week out just to pick the underdog.

Pick whoever you think will win by have some thought behind it

Fair enough.  Your first post was so condescending I had to rib you at least a little bit.