hammerlockthree

Official List: Who is taking Moore over Nickal?

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

It wasn't about making it fair.  I am not a fan of changing the weights or adding one.  I was just pointing out Moore's situation relative to "perceived" regression.  I absolutely do not believe his skills or abilities have regressed.  His body has simply outgrown 197 and wrestling sucked out on 2 hourish weigh-ins SUCKS!!

Yeah I just don't know why Moore gets to use this excuse and no one else does. 

10 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Yeah I just don't know why Moore gets to use this excuse and no one else does. 

That probably had a lot to do with most of the other guys only having to go up 8lbs to the next weight class....

6 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

According to Buckeye Media Day quotes, Moore consulted Myles Martin on how to beat Bo Nickal. 

“We’ve talked about the underhook position a little bit, just because he’s felt him and I’ve never felt Bo before,” Moore said. “But me and Myles wrestle so much differently ... so I haven’t asked him too much, because his tactics going into the match might be completely different from what I want to do.”

Someone asked Bo Nickal about the crowd noise. For Nickal, a seasoned senior, a little noise doesn’t bother him.

“Trying to tune it out won’t really work, just because it’s a big atmosphere, and tuning it won’t really be effective,” he said. “So just embrace it.”

Really when I wrestled I could never hear the crowd everything was silent just whistles and coaches voice every once and a while. Kinda of interesting always thought it was the same for everyone.

36 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I'll bite, how much is he cutting? 

From all I have heard he was cutting to make 97 kg and is rather lean to begin with.  Add in that he wrestled that into the College season and it is pretty hard to make your body immediately adjust 17 less lbs.....

Edited by MSU158

Moore definitely has the skills to beat Nickal. If he was able to take down cox, he can definitely take down Nickal. But that being said, my guess is we will have another Nickal wtf was that moment, and Nickal wins comfortably. 

46 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

From all I have heard he was cutting to make 97 kg and is rather lean to begin with.  Add in that he wrestled that into the College season and it is pretty hard to make your body immediately adjust 17 less lbs.....

I will suspend my cynicism for the time. no joke.

3 hours ago, MSU158 said:

He should be going 285 this year then. If Cassars win over him last year was truly an upset theres no reason to think he couldnt be dominant at heavyweight this year.

3 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

He should be going 285 this year then. If Cassars win over him last year was truly an upset theres no reason to think he couldnt be dominant at heavyweight this year.

Not that simple. If he were to go up, who mans 197?  TOSU is still better off with a sucked down Moore that could still make the finals and a 285 that could sneak into the bottom of the podium, instead of Moore fighting to make top 3 at 285 and no one to really win a match at 197 at NCAA’s. 

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Not that simple. If he were to go up, who mans 197?  TOSU is still better off with a sucked down Moore that could still make the finals and a 285 that could sneak into the bottom of the podium, instead of Moore fighting to make top 3 at 285 and no one to really win a match at 197 at NCAA’s. 

Kevin Snyder or Gavin Hoffman could go 197 with Moore at 285.

Or Hoffman at 184, Martin at 197 and Moore at 285.

Edited by BigTenFanboy