josephe

college wrestling on ESPN+

I see some matches have been on ESPN and usually ESPN+ (upcoming Princeton matches on ESPN+)

1- anyone have a list of matches on ESPN - can't find such anywhere?

2-and is ESPN+ pay subscription (believe it is) or do the matches end up on ESPNU or their other feeds that are online streams?

Thanks

ESPN+ is paid - $4.99 per month.  They have replaced the Ivy Digital Network, and are covering all Ivy League Sports (not just wrestling)

I don't believe the ESPN+ coverage is carried over to other ESPN feeds, but the matches are archived and can be viewed at a later time.  But for the price - it's not a bad deal.  Also, when I signed on - you got the first month free.  Not sure if that is still in effect.

Edited by red blades

On 2/8/2019 at 7:09 AM, red blades said:

ESPN+ is paid - $4.99 per month.  They have replaced the Ivy Digital Network, and are covering all Ivy League Sports (not just wrestling)

I don't believe the ESPN+ coverage is carried over to other ESPN feeds, but the matches are archived and can be viewed at a later time.  But for the price - it's not a bad deal.  Also, when I signed on - you got the first month free.  Not sure if that is still in effect.

They can be seen for 30 days, then poof! they are gone.  I asked someone at Cornell about this, and they never responded.  All of Cornell's previously archived events on ILDN are also gone.

I'd be happy to be shown where these ESPN archives are, of course.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:09 AM, red blades said:

They can be seen for 30 days, then poof! they are gone.  I asked someone at Cornell about this, and they never responded.  All of Cornell's previously archived events on ILDN are also gone.

I'd be happy to be shown where these ESPN archives are, of course.

Whoa thanks for the heads up! I got ESPN+ as part of a package with Disney+ and Hulu for $12.99 a month. I don’t watch a lot of other sports so I wasn’t even really checking it. Disney+ is great if you have kids, and Hulu has a ton of content, so I would definitely recommend that bundle if you that’s something you are interested in.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:19 AM, josephe said:

Finally figured it out after I posted.  Thanks for your reply.  Surprised it's just the Ivy league.

I recently purchased ESPN+ and it took me a while to find the wrestling content. Once you’re on the ESPN+ page, scroll down past upcoming and on demand selections until you get to “Sports” with various icons. Then scroll left to right until you see a Singlet for wrestling and tap that icon. A slew of matches for the next couple weeks will be listed. Perhaps you’ve figured this out already. Some of the upcoming matches include: Lehigh v Cornell, Columbia v Cornell, N Colorado v Okla St, Missouri v SIUE, Missouri v C Michigan, Edinboro v Rider, WV v Okla St, Loch Haven v G Mason, Pitt v Okla St, Binghamton v Penn, American v Columbia, Virginia Tech v Cornell.

FS1 is also starting to show some college wrestling - I don't know if they work in conjunction with the B10 but the OSU vs Michigan dual yesterday kept saying B10 but it was begin shown on Fox - Tonight ASU vs tOSU