Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southend

Rutgers @ Indiana

Recommended Posts

I’d be shocked if Rutgers lost. They are heavy favorites in 3 weights and should bonus in at least 2 of those.

indiana has a legitimate chance in the other 7, but none are a lock. I think it ends up something like 7-3 in favor of Rutgers. 

It is a solid dual for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, PSUSMC said:

What happened to Weaver?

He is still in street clothes as of this dual. No visual indication.

Wow first match out of the hole @149, Ashnault needs a last second score to win the match, 8-7

Edited by southend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashnault should have taken a loss.  Both wrestlers were completely out of bounds when the ref gave Ashnault a quick two swipes for backpoints.  Indiana should have challenged.  Ashnault wins 8-7 but should not have been given backpoints.  Slow the video down (if you can access it) and stop it just prior to when back points are given.   

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6263907-rutgers-vs-indiana-2019-ncaa-wrestling/videos?playing=6354869&limit=60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Ashnault should have taken a loss.  Both wrestlers were completely out of bounds when the ref gave Ashnault a quick two swipes for backpoints.  Indiana should have challenged.  Ashnault wins 8-7 but should not have been given backpoints.  Slow the video down (if you can access it) and stop it just prior to when back points are given.   

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6263907-rutgers-vs-indiana-2019-ncaa-wrestling/videos?playing=6354869&limit=60

Looking at the video, you’re right. Ashnault lost that match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

Looking at the video, you’re right. Ashnault lost that match.

Yes, they were both out of the bounds. 

Stop the video at the 7:28 and 7:29 mark of the recorded match.  Both physically out and also out of the vertical and virtual cylinder at the edge of the mat.  Ashnault rolled him back in.   The other ref should have been watching that while the head ref looked for back points.   

Ashnault with the asterisk (*) win to stay "undefeated".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmm53 said:

Yes, they were both out of the bounds. 

Stop the video at the 7:28 and 7:29 mark of the recorded match.  Both physically out and also out of the vertical and virtual cylinder at the edge of the mat.  Ashnault rolled him back in.   The other ref should have been watching that while the head ref looked for back points.   

Ashnault with the asterisk (*) win to stay "undefeated".

He would have scored some other way to win.   Is that Indiana guy even ranked? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

He would have scored some other way to win.   Is that Indiana guy even ranked? 

Silva is not ranked. Ashnault could have scored some other way but he didn't.  It's a counterfactual.  We will never know.  As great as Ashnault looked against Koloznik, he looked extremely vulnerable against Silva.  May have been an emotional letdown and with better officiating a loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Novak said:

Clearly Pritzlaff is the head coach.  Pitiful the way Goodall tries to copy his sideline antics.  But I'm certain he'll keeping cashing his head coach checks so long as Rutgers ignores the obvious.

So Pritz does all the behind the scenes administrative work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southend said:

Conjecture

 

8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

No asterisk. He could have easily ridden him out and taken him down in SV.

Given that Silva had three takedowns to Ashnault's zero takedowns, it is more likely that Silva would have taken Ashnault down in SV.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×