Perry

Daniel Lewis Pins Valencia

2 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

I wonder how they'd rank if seedings came out today.  Lewis beats Zahid, who beat Amine, who beat Lewis.  The pin is huge though.

SOS will likely be used to separate assuming they all win out.  

Lewis still has JoJo Smith.

5 minutes ago, Gantry said:

That looked really quick, but hard to tell because of slo mo. 

I don't think it was a quick call - He had the fall just before the ref got to the other side. It appears quick because the ref calls it right when he gets there - but to me it looked like he had it prior. I really like Valencia - great kid -funny personality -  He seems to have had more close matches this season than before. Hope this motivates him. 

15 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Quick or not, Zahid was getting stuck. Lewis almost had Zahid’s leg over his own head it was so tight. 

LOL On the first, I thought "How did he pin him when his arm is out?"  On second view, I saw it his leg!

This is why I like folkstyle mat wrestling even though many posters on here do not.  Without it, a guy like Lewis has next to no chance to beat Valencia, let alone pin him.  I get that it can be very displeasing to the average fan, but the intricacies of DI level mat wrestling IS at an all time high.  Many complain about bottom wrestling, but don't realize just how good so many DI guys are on top.  Admittedly, stalling could be called more aggresively, but I wouldn't want to see the current, fundamental format for mat wrestling changed!

13 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

This is why I like folkstyle mat wrestling even though many posters on here do not.  Without it, a guy like Lewis has next to no chance to beat Valencia, let alone pin him.  I get that it can be very displeasing to the average fan, but the intricacies of DI level mat wrestling IS at an all time high.  Many complain about bottom wrestling, but don't realize just how good so many DI guys are on top.  Admittedly, stalling could be called more aggresively, but I wouldn't want to see the current, fundamental format for mat wrestling changed!

Applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!