Jimmy Cinnabon

Did Bo pass Nolf in the Hodge race tonight?

They both have 14 falls / tech falls but Bo has more falls and just stuck the number two guy, who happened to be undefeated and returning 2x all American. If he keeps this up, he’s the clear favorite. But to keep it up he has to contend with Moore twice more.  

Odd, I never thought he was ahead of Nolf.  Nolf is the most dominant guy there is this year, period.  The only thing that stands out for Nickal is his big move potential.  His high profile pins over Martin and now Moore, make many overlook that he can still have close matches when opponents stay away from the big move.  However, that doesn't happen with Nolf.  Even without  a big move he still scores in droves, wears EVERYONE down and pins at a very high rate.  Nickal is more flashy, but Nolf is consistently more dominant!

I know the Hodge doesn't work this way, but for Penn State fans who have watched these two fine young men for the past four years I think we all feel it would be incredulous to think either them would end up never winning a Hodge Trophy. If ever the year existed to split the vote, this is that year. They are on the same team. Just split the vote. 

I wouldn't be shocked if between them they both feel the other should get it anyway.