Jump to content
Jimmy Cinnabon

Biggest threat to Nickal?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DEFan79 said:

Look at the lossss Bo took in freestyle two years ago.  He has a ways to go before competing at the top level in freestyle on the international stage.

What losses are they? Richard Perry 10-8? 

Btw, the 10th ranked wrestler at the weight lost top Mark Hall in Juniors a few years ago. No reason to think Bo wouldn't beat him right here and now. I don't care if he has been wrestling freestyle all along, Bo spent a lot of time practicing with the world champion last year. I am sure he learned quite a lot. 

Like Taylor, he will gio thru a pretty quick learning curve and be challenging the best soon enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

What losses are they? Richard Perry 10-8? 

Btw, the 10th ranked wrestler at the weight lost top Mark Hall in Juniors a few years ago. No reason to think Bo wouldn't beat him right here and now. I don't care if he has been wrestling freestyle all along, Bo spent a lot of time practicing with the world champion last year. I am sure he learned quite a lot. 

Like Taylor, he will gio thru a pretty quick learning curve and be challenging the best soon enough. 

One of those losses to Perry he looked plain outmatched.  Kind of like Nolf’s loss to Pami. 

Perry went on to lose to Taylor 10-0.  Taylor then lost to J’Den.

Nickal isn’t making a world team anytime soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

One of those losses to Perry he looked plain outmatched.  Kind of like Nolf’s loss to Pami. 

Perry went on to lose to Taylor 10-0.  Taylor then lost to J’Den.

Nickal isn’t making a world team anytime soon 

Of course he is not. The guys that I mentioned on page 1 will stop him. DT, assuming he goes 86. Cox will probably stop him at 92.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBar, I know that this analogy is like comparing Apples to Oranges, but Kollin gave J'den all he could handle, and as we all just saw, Bo dismantled Kollin. I figured that J'den probably holds the advantage over Bo ( in Freestyle ), but with DT and Bo training together, how long will this advantage last? Personally, I am stoked to see Bo and J'den get after it in Freestyle. Hopefully we will get to see it happen sometime this summer. Maybe Final X? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, de4856 said:

TBar, I know that this analogy is like comparing Apples to Oranges, but Kollin gave J'den all he could handle, and as we all just saw, Bo dismantled Kollin. I figured that J'den probably holds the advantage over Bo ( in Freestyle ), but with DT and Bo training together, how long will this advantage last? Personally, I am stoked to see Bo and J'den get after it in Freestyle. Hopefully we will get to see it happen sometime this summer. Maybe Final X? 

If Bo goes 92 Kg you may see that match this year. Bo has spent mopre time on the mat with David Taylor than anyone, so I'm sure he will be in a pretty good spot for freestyle. That doesn't even mention Cael and Varner. His loss to Perry 2 years ago really doesn't mean anything now. Should be a great match if it happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:04 PM, KCMO2 said:

Didn't he just have a 1 pt. match (2 with r/t) vs the #11 ranked college kid a couple of weeks ago?

Schultz, from Nebraska.  8-6, Nickal's only regular decision this year (I think).  I didn't watch the match, and I don't know much about Schultz in terms of style or tendencies, but I don't think it matters much.  Nickal has shown he is capable of toying with just about everyone else in the top 10, and I just can't view one 2-point win as evidence of a potential chink in the armor. 

The only thing that can slow him down this season is injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really can see Bo just rolling his way right through NCAA's with very a comfortable win in the finals. I just can't see Moore beating him after what i witnessed.  I know anything can happen any given match but I don't see anyone being able to handle him. He's a proven pin machine of top rank talents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, muskyjunky said:

I really can see Bo just rolling his way right through NCAA's with very a comfortable win in the finals. I just can't see Moore beating him after what i witnessed.  I know anything can happen any given match but I don't see anyone being able to handle him. He's a proven pin machine of top rank talents.

I don't see Moore beating him either.  Plus, Moore seems to wilt when the lights are brightest.  Three times last year, when OS desperately needed his points to beat their arch-enemy, he didn't pull through.  I see no reason he will do so at NCAA's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha. Unbearable? Geez man cmon. Be honest you don't think Taylor and Varner could beat Cox? Bo wrestles both of them almost daily. What was so outlandish about that comment? Really..... Now I also think Cox is the favorite over Bo so maybe you will like that better. I was just saying I bet Bo knows kinda where he stands. This will help him make his decision about going 189 or 203. 

Edited by PRyan2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PRyan2012 said:

Bo wrestlers with two guys that can go out there right now and beat Cox in Taylor and Varner. He knows where he stands I bet. 

Ignore my stupid previous comment in this post!

I didn't know Taylor was coaching at PSU, but I thought one of the guys who could beat Cox would be Cael.

Edited by TobusRex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off Cox should be the favorite if Taylor and him wrestle again based off matches that have actually happened, and Varner wouldnt even be in his weight and who knows if he would be beating Cox. So unless Bo is in the room killing Taylor, theres no reason to expect him to come in and knock off cox.

Edited by Molsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 4:22 PM, dmm53 said:

Are Moore and Berger conspiring to pull a Tanya Harding on Nickal and Nolf?image.jpeg.c84abc6584e6338ab57727267922b7a7.jpeg

Nah. Two issues with this premise. 1. Moore seems to be a classy kid. 2. Nolf can beat Berger on one leg (See 2018 NCAAs)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Ignore my stupid previous comment in this post!

I didn't know Taylor was coaching at PSU, but I thought one of the guys who could beat Cox would be Cael.

Cael probably to old now. Bottom line as a fan of wrestling Nickal vs Cox makes for a very interesting 203 weight class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×